Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,359 members, 7,920,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:38 AM

, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / , (3226 Views)

Does Anyone Have Recent Pics Of 14 Storey Axari Hotel At Calabar? / Ben Ayade Kept Vigil At Calabar-Itu Boundary Between Akwa Ibom & Cross River / Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

, by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 25, 2020

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: , by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
hmm
Re: , by Sonoyom(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Oboy
Re: , by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
That will propel Calabar to greater heights if it's true

2 Likes

Re: , by invectives(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2020
Abi dem wan do another Govt magic

2 Likes

Re: , by PureGoldh(m): 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
E go make sense
Re: , by Siberia01(m): 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
smiley

na animals them go rear inside the building??

they should make it 100 storey at once

3 Likes

Re: , by IamWonderful: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
A welcome development
Re: , by Masterclass32: 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
Let's go there
Re: , by Friend22(m): 10:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
I hope it used and maintained properly.
Re: , by Nicepoker(m): 11:38pm On Aug 25, 2020
Stonez100:
That will propel Calabar to greater heights if it's true
From that place to Calabar main Town is a bit far.

1 Like

Re: , by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Nicepoker:
well that's how cities expand into mega city . just like lagos was only the island but later expanded to include mainland. if they are building this then sure they'll build roads or highways to connect different areas and make distance shorter.
I think the location of the seaport is better than the current one because it's naturally deep and open to the ocean and does not require dredging Like the current one . It's up to Calabar to remain a town or expand and grow into a true city .

3 Likes

Re: , by Samorobo2: 1:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Jeremy2000:
I was opportune to drive down close to Ikot Nakanda today and spoke with some surveyors and workers at the site of proposed 75 storey building .They said an American company wants to build a 75 storey skyscraper. at the site which is 10 km from the proposed bakassi seaport . they showed me the building render and also said they can't divulge more information since i'm not a journalist and they are only there for feasibility studies.
I will make sure to keep an eye and update on this project because my village which I frequent every weekend is not too far from the site .

Pls do brother and keep us posted.. Thanks..
Do you know the name of the tower so I can run my own research too..
Re: , by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2020
Samorobo2:

Pls do brother and keep us posted.. Thanks..
Do you know the name of the tower so I can run my own research too..
sure
Re: , by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nicepoker:
good road network will open the city up
Re: , by spy24(m): 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
Jeremy2000:
I was opportune to drive down close to Ikot Nakanda today and spoke with some surveyors and workers at the site of proposed 75 storey building .They said an American company wants to build a 75 storey skyscraper. at the site which is 10 km from the proposed bakassi seaport . they showed me the building render and also said they can't divulge more information since i'm not a journalist and they are only there for feasibility studies.
I will make sure to keep an eye and update on this project because my village which I frequent every weekend is not too far from the site .

is it only me ? because i find it difficult to believe news like this

2 Likes

Re: , by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: , by EMMY76: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Jeremy2000:

Wow this will surely be the tallest building in Nigeria and Africa when completed. shocked
Re: , by EMMY76: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Jeremy2000:

Wow this will surely be the tallest building in Nigeria and Africa when completed. shocked

1 Like

Re: , by eagleu: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sounds wonderful, but sound is all it does!
Our people have difficulty maintaining a 3 storey building, now we're talking about 75 storey building!
Go to Chicago or NYC, and see how skyscrapers are supported, maintained, and managed.

1 Like

Re: , by Xpol: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
XPOL

Nice one but I don't want to hear say generator off when people are inside the elevator oh.
lol I don't know why I'm somehow scared of using elevator in Nigeria Since a friend of my hooked inside one in Abuja when the Gen stopped.

It's XPOL
Re: , by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: , by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
EMMY76:

The current tallest in Africa is in South Africa ,about 55 stories , the second tallest is also in South Africa 50 stories .

2 Likes

Re: , by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
wow Massive
Re: , by Kennyswag: 10:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
lmao
Re: , by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Kennyswag:
lmao
hater spotted
Re: , by Kennyswag: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
Jeremy2000:
hater spotted
gtfoh
Re: , by eagleu: 12:22am On Aug 27, 2020
Jeremy2000:

I was told it's to be built by American company so I think it will be managed properly . Also why do you think it's suppose to be built in Lagos or Abuja? Investors decide where to invest regardless of state of infrastructure of the place , maybe they like the untapped location unlike Lagos which is already overcrowded etc.
Do you know that General Electric (an American multinational corporation) just built $250 million dollar facility at Calabar and are planning to invest another $700 Million despite the fact that there's currently no hype about Calabar and some of the roads are bad ,etc. and that was not even on the news . there's development going on in Nigeria that are not even on the news .
https://www.nairaland.com/6048268/photos-250-million-general-electric

Ette, I never said to build in Abuja or Lagos.
Being built by American company doesn't mean being maintained by American company.

We lack a maintenance culture in Nigeria, no one questions that, unless if course you don't know what maintenance culture means.

1 Like

Re: , by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
r.
Re: , by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2020
Siberia01:
smiley

na animals them go rear inside the building??

they should make it 100 storey at once
All I see is painment in your comment. If it was to be built at your place would you say the same? e pain am
Re: , by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
EMMY76:

If it's built it will be the tallest building in not only Nigeria but Africa.
Re: , by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
Nicepoker:
ok. maybe they'll build good road network to shorten distance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Awolowo Truely Gave Biafran 20 Pounds After The War / How Olayomi Koiki Media Betrayed Igboho? / Kwankwaso Visit Alaba Rago Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.