Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment (337 Views)

‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist / BREAKING! AGF Malami Withdraws Comment On Amotekun / Precious Chikwendu Fani-Kayode Welcomes Triplets, All Boys - Ragnar, Aiden, Liam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment by owukpa(m): 8:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has finally apologised over his attack on a Daily Trust reporter.

The ex-minister therefore withdrew his comment and begged for forgiveness.

His apology was contained in a post on his Facebook wall and obtained by [url]WWW.NigeriaDefender.com[/url]

I met with my advisors till late last night and I wish to say the following. I hereby withdraw the word “stupid” which I used in my encounter with a journalist in Calabar.

I have many friends in the media who I offended by losing my cool and using such words. I hereby express my regrets for doing so.

I do however wish to state categorically that no threat of physical harm was ever made to the journalist in question and neither did I send anyone to threaten him. Anyone that says otherwise is lying and I challenge them to bring the proof.

I would never seek to physically harm a journalist. For the last 30 years I have defended and worked with journalists and fought for the right of freedom of expression.

I am also very close to many in that profession. I would be the last to seek to disparage those that are honorable and noble within its ranks.

I hope that this will assuage the pain and anger of anyone that was hurt or offended by this ugly episode. I have now put this matter behind me and moved on. Now my tour of the South continues. Moving to yet another state today!

Source....https://www.nigeriadefender.com/2020/08/26/under-fire-fani-kayode-apologises-withdraws-stupid-comment-against-journalist/

Re: Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:37am On Aug 26, 2020
Ok
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment by Marine54(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2020
NICE one FFK !
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment by LawLab247: 8:41am On Aug 26, 2020
I see
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment by abu12: 8:46am On Aug 26, 2020
the south south and south east governors should asking him to continued is media tour in his region( south west) PDP need is input in south west than south south.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises, Withdraws Comment by Mynd44: 8:51am On Aug 26, 2020

(1)

Boko Haram Kills 75 Elders In One Night / Obaseki Takes His Campaign To Ikpoba Okha Local Government / Let Us All Keep Our Emotions In Check- A MUST READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.