Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,684 members, 7,892,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:43 PM

I Hereby Withdraw The Word “stupid”-femi Fani-kayode States While Apologizing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hereby Withdraw The Word “stupid”-femi Fani-kayode States While Apologizing (151 Views)

The Only 2 Ex-governors Left Money For Their States While Leaving. / I Hereby Withdraw My Support For Peter Obi And Endorse Atiku Abubakar / FFK: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “Stupid” That I Used On Journalist, I Regret It (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Hereby Withdraw The Word “stupid”-femi Fani-kayode States While Apologizing by gistongist: 10:50am On Aug 26, 2020
Femi Fani-Kayode has apologized to Daily Trust journalist, Eyo Charles for using the word “Stupid” on him during a press conference in Calabar, Cross River State.

The former minister of aviation took to Twitter on Wednesday to express his regret following the bitter outburst.

Fani-Kayode also apologized for his harsh statement, tendering apologizes to others who felt bad over the incident.

He wrote, “I met with my advisors & I wish to say the following. I hereby withdraw the word “stupid” which I used in my encounter with a journalist in Calabar. I have many friends in the media who I offended by losing my cool & using such words. I hereby express my regret for doing so.

“…I would never seek to physically harm a journalist. For the last 30 years, I have defended & worked with journalists & fought for the right of freedom of expression. I am also very close to many in that profession. I would be the last to seek to disparage those that are.

“…honorable and noble within its ranks. I hope that this will assuage the pain and anger of anyone that was hurt or offended by this ugly episode. I have now put this matter behind me and moved on. Now my tour of the South continues. Moving to another state today!” he expressed.

Click for other interesting stories on politics: https://gistongist.com/

Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: I Hereby Withdraw The Word “stupid”-femi Fani-kayode States While Apologizing by Mynd44: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2020

(1)

INEC Gives Update On 14 By-elections In 8 States / Moses Abeh: Unserious Persona With Moral Ambiguity / How Many Of Them Have More Experience Than Myself – Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.