Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,428 members, 7,917,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:14 AM

Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' (500 Views)

TB Joshua: Megachurch Leader Raped And Tortured Worshippers, BBC Finds / David Yong-gi Cho, Founder Of South Korea's Yoido Megachurch Dies At 85 / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Megachurch Pastor: Abortion 'Is Consistent with' Christianity and 'I Will Fight' to Keep it Legal
Michael Foust | ChristianHeadlines.com Contributor | Monday, August 24, 2020
Raphael Warnock, Warnock says abortion aligns with Christianity

A pastor of a Georgia megachurch who also is running for U.S. Senate said last week he believes legalised abortion is “consistent with" Christianity and he would “fight" to ensure it remains legal.

Raphael Warnock, senior pastor at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, and a Democratic candidate trying to unseat Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler in November’s election, made the comments to WGAU's Tim Bryant.

Bryant asked Warnock how the pro-choice views of the Democrat Party “square with” his “role as a minister, a leader of a church, a man of God.”

“I believe that healthcare is a human right," said Warnock, who has served as senior pastor of the church since 2005. “And I believe that it is something that the richest nation in the world provides for its citizens, and for me reproductive justice is consistent with my commitment to that.

“I believe unequivocally in a woman's right to choose, and that the decision is something that we don't want government engaged in – that's between her and her doctor and her minister. And I will fight for that in the United States Senate, and at the same time continue to fight so women can receive the kind of services that they need in order to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies. We have a maternal death rate in this country that is exceedingly high, particularly to be the richest country in the world."

Referencing his career as a minister and in public service, Warnock added, “I've been focused on women's health, women's choice, reproductive justice. That is consistent with my view as a Christian minister. And I will fight for it."

Bryant then asked, “Do you think it's consistent with God's view – that God endorses the millions of abortions we've had in this country since Roe v Wade?”

Warnock responded, “I think that human agency and freedom is consistent with my view as a minister."

Ebenezer Baptist has more than 6,000 members and is affiliated with the Progressive National Baptist Convention.

Planned Parenthood endorsed Warnock in May.

Last week, television commentator and former NFL coach Tony Dungy referenced the interview after Bryant tweeted he had spoken with a minister who believes “abortion is ‘healthcare’ and ‘reproductive justice’ and God is cool with it."

I spoke with a Dem candidate for US Senate (and minister) today.

Abortion is “healthcare" and “reproductive justice" and God is cool with it.

And a question about the murder of Secoria Turner yielded an answer about opioids.

— Tim Bryant (@TimBryantRadio) August 20, 2020
It isn’t clear if Dungy knew Warnock was the pastor Bryant had interviewed. Dungy tweeted, “When you say ‘a minister’ does that mean they represent a church? I’d like to know what book the candidate uses as their foundation for truth and their guiding principles? It couldn’t be the Bible.” Dungy later tweeted, “Anyone familiar with Psalm 139 would be against abortion."

When you say “a minister" does that mean they represent a church? I’d like to know what book the candidate uses as their foundation for truth and their guiding principles? It couldn’t be the Bible. https:///UF3f7D5pFj

— Tony Dungy (@TonyDungy) August 21, 2020

READ MORE

This goes on to show how progressives have corrupted Christianity in America and I hope this is not the kind of Christianity these modern day Christians are bringing to our shores. undecided
Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by woleabayo(f): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
where's ur point

1 Like

Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2020
What other evidence do we need to show that Christianity is not compatible with being a Democrat? undecided
Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2020
Reasons why Democrats and Christianity should not be mentioned in the same breath.
Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by LordReed(m): 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2020
OLAADEGBU:
Reasons why Democrats and Christianity should not be mentioned in the same breath.

Hehehehe, remind us which party Jerry Falwell Jnr supports. LMFAO!
Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
LordReed:

Hehehehe, remind us which party Jerry Falwell Jnr supports. LMFAO!

A Christian may fall 7 times but the Lord will raise him up. You cannot compare a dead fish to a fish swimming against the tide. cool

Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by LordReed(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

A Christian may fall 7 times but the Lord will raise him up. You cannot compare a dead fish to a fish swimming against the tide. cool

LMFAO! The hypocrisy is unsurprising.

1 Like

Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by CodeTemplar: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2020
do foetus feel pain?

1 Like

Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2020
LordReed:

LMFAO! The hypocrisy is unsurprising.

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: When I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me" (Micah 7:8).
Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2020
CodeTemplar:

do foetus feel pain?

I don't know where you stand on this but consider the picture below, are they human?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12287034_abortionnotaperson_jpeg3f9709a1db6046a68123bd8d020532e3
Every Human Being has value because God created us in His Image. There is not one Human Being, in the Womb or out, that He did not create. All are created by God, for His Purpose and for His Glory. No one has the right to degrade and/or murder another Human Being; for we are all made in the Image of God.

"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it;" - Genesis 1:27-28a

"“God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also His offspring.’ Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man’s devising. Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”" - Acts 17:24-31

Watch, Like and Share: www.180Movie.com

Please take a few moments to watch this important video clip:
http://www.100languages.com/videos.html
Re: Megachurch Pastor Running For Senate: 'Abortion Is Consistent With Christianity' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16am On Nov 13, 2020
What's the update on this guy? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Rance Lee Allen Death - Legendary Gospel Singer Rance Allen Has Died / Have You Ever Had A Dream In Which You Knew In The Dream That You Were Dreaming? / Roman Catholic Church Takes Final Decision On Gay Marriage And Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.