Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,389 members, 7,929,227 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 11:20 AM

Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges (463 Views)

About Gtbank Sms Charges Scam / Reach More People Through Sms / Help! GTB Is Stealing My Money Through Sms Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by GreyLaw(m): 5:02am On Aug 27, 2020
I really believe GTbank does some sharp practices through their annoying SMS charges. How come even months when I don't use that account that much they somehow always manufacture N260 SMS charge?

Again, their live chat feature isnt working and I am not interested in chasing them around on whatsapp (that's if that also works).

The average SMS charge in Nigeria is N4 per SMS and at this rate GTBank would have to send me 65 SMSs per month to arrive at the amount of N260 they usually charge. They deduct some unknown amounts from my account also without alerts and I'd have to check from my internet banking to find out that I was debited and why. Sometimes no description for the deduction.

What else is stealing if not this? Does your bank do same thing? I am not interested or ready to call them but I guess I have to do a social media run on them.
Re: Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by Kestine0: 6:04am On Aug 27, 2020
Nowadays bank.. You will put 10k in your account... Check balance next thing you will see 9,825 naira.. Where the rest money fly go Reason why I stop using SMS alert... Instead I use email only... With this my money is intact..

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by DaInferno(m): 6:28am On Aug 27, 2020
I emptied the damn account... I wonder what they will be deducting now though;bank used to be meaningful when they charged you for and alone

these days;
FIP charges
SMS charges,they even accumulate and charge you at the end of the month again after charging you for transactions during the month

stamp duty is also there
Atm maintenance charges(imagine a card I am maintaining by myself) this one annoys me ehn,
transfer and get deducted still.
use another bank and u still get deducted. all this ontop money wey I d try manage
the deductions have made me run from banks, e dn too much

I use banks to receive money that's all,and when it does, I just go and remove it immediately or invest in my online stuff
Re: Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by GreyLaw(m): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2020
DaInferno:
I emptied the damn account... I wonder what they will be deducting now though;bank used to be meaningful when they charged you for and alone

these days;
FIP charges
SMS charges,they even accumulate and charge you at the end of the month again after charging you for transactions during the month

stamp duty is also there
Atm maintenance charges(imagine a card I am maintaining by myself) this one annoys me ehn,
transfer and get deducted still.
use another bank and u still get deducted. all this ontop money wey I d try manage
the deductions have made me run from banks, e dn too much

I use banks to receive money that's all,and when it does, I just go and remove it immediately or invest in my online stuff

Exactly. I don't see any difference between them and common thieves on the streets. The banks are just formal about it. Imagine the billions they steal through these means.

I need to stop my SMS alerts and use just e-mail. Theives they are!
Re: Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by Dangrace01: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2020
I just saw 252 Naira sms fee on gtbank app. They didn't even send me sms text for the deduction
Re: Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by GreyLaw(m): 9:28am On Aug 27, 2020
Dangrace01:
I just saw 252 Naira sms fee on gtbank app. They didn't even send me sms text for the deduction

Yes. That's what they do. They intentionally do not send alerts for it so that it would go unnoticed by the account owner. Other banks send alerts for their sms alerts, but GTB doesn't. Then they also have other sundry fees stealthily stolen from your account without alerts and without description.

They are a thieving bank. Simple!
Re: Gtbank Steals Through SMS Charges by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2020
They just charged mi 292 naira this morning I saw the alert in my email...
I am gonna msg them to stop it.. I don't want it again....

(1) (Reply)

Scorched By The Heat Of Dollar Scarcity And Transaction Limits? See The Solution / Skrill / Moneybookers Experts I Need Your Help / How To Make Bathing Soap At Home For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.