Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,582 members, 7,885,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:36 AM

If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? (933 Views)

What Does God Do With All The Money He Recevies From Offering And Tithes? / Is It A Must We Pay Offering And Tithe In The Church? / What Is The Difference Between A Tithe, An Offering And A Seed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by Joyzyp: 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2011
Christians today talk about Offering and Tithe with all seriousness and yet many do not understand what it is all about. Should you be asked to ask any question ranging from the differences between Tithe and Offering to the benefit of each or both - what question will you ask?
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by KunleOshob(m): 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2011
Tithing as preached by the church today is the biggest and longest standing fraud in the history of mankind. My question would be how as the perpetuators of thismonumental fraud been able to sustain it for ages despite clear biblical injunctions that it is false and NOT the tithe required by God.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by kaynoJah(m): 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2011
I am neither a Clergy nor any better Christian but I tell you something, despite what your mundane knowledge says; Tithe is the only reason why I still live today. I am a living testimony of the faithfulness of God and His words on Tithe,', I will rebuke your devourer for your sake, ' ', test me and see, ' He indeed did not just limit it at destroying my devourers but also restored me back!
The Holy Bible is not written within the literary lineage of secular denotation. 10% of one's harvest do not necessarily imply we all are farmers and should therefore wait until annual harvest to take out one-tenth of the harvest portion to the House of God, so that there will be enough food in His house. To a regular white-collared worker, your earning is your harvest because you have labored to earn it, just like a typical farmer. Same goes to an artisan. What you earn at every end of a farm season (month end in the case of a monthly worker for instance) represents your harvest.
It is thus disheartening to hear you say Tithe is a fraud. Please, don't mess around with that mentality before you incur the wrath of God. Depth of knowledge is relative I agree but you need to shut the f**k up when you don't have anything meaningful to say on a subject.

Thanksgiving is a commemoration of an amazing feat by God. Offering is what you give as contribution towards building the church of which part of it goes to charity. Tithe goes to a clergy of your choice so he doesn't go hungry since he does no other job/work other than working in His vineyard and praying for your special needs. This will sustain his/her zeal working for God, since we all, in our obvious limitations, can't do the job. We must continue to encourage those He has chosen and He will open the windows of heaven to shower us with so much blessing your store house (bank) will not be able to contain and other ignorant fools will be amazed that they will be forced to confess that you are indeed, blessed! The distinction is crystal clear. Try tithe and you will come back here to give your testimony like I'm doing now. Don't ever listen to idle talks that say otherwise. Satan is human and the idiot has not given up yet. Take note of this. He's a bastard as he has no father. He's very upset with us with a Father in heaven that is so rich in blessing even His prodigal ones like me.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by KunleOshob(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2011
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by Joagbaje(m): 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2011
Tithes and offerings are based on principles of faith and worship in God, it is hypocritical when a man says he doesn't believes in tithes but he believes in offerings grin. They are both based on thesame principles. Tithes and offerings will always be part of our lives. Our giving to God is a vital part of our worship of God. Whoever can't give to God by some fabricated reasons , the love of god has not been perfected in his heart.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by newmi(m): 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2011
those who call tithes and offerings fraud will soon call God fraud.Will
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by KunleOshob(m): 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2011
@joagbaje
Do you preach and receive tithes based on the biblical standard as defined in deut 14, or do you preach and practise the fraudulently manipulated man made version?
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by jpworld(m): 12:35pm On Feb 20, 2011
Tithe remain a fraud, many families, what dey earn is not even enough for them, still pastors are asking them of there 10%, what a shame.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by KunleOshob(m): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2011
KunleOshob:

@joagbaje
Do you preach and receive tithes based on the biblical standard as defined in deut 14, or do you preach and practise the fraudulently manipulated man made version?

uncle joe, answer my question now!
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by ejimjesus: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2011
God changes not niether does his words. tithe is the one-tent of ur income and it belongs to God, no man who wants prosperity should temper with it.

offering is our contributions towards the church projects.

thanksgiving is an appreciation for what has been doing will continue too do.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by ejimjesus: 10:21pm On Feb 23, 2011
God changes not niether does his words. tithe is the one-tent of ur income and it belongs to God, no man who wants prosperity should temper with it.

Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by obowunmi(m): 1:21am On Feb 24, 2011
People steal money they don't hve so that they can pay their tithe and sit in the front row seat at mega churches --- my question: why do Pastors collect stolen money from thieves, who only give to clear their conscience as "sacrifice" for their wrongdoing ?
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by obowunmi(m): 9:02am On Feb 24, 2011
I've asked -- will anyone answer ?
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by KunleOshob(m): 9:14am On Feb 24, 2011
ejimjesus:

God changes not niether does his words. tithe is the one-tent of your income and it belongs to God, no man who wants prosperity should temper with it.

Stop being dishonest, there is now where in the bible that tithes is described as one tenth of income, biblical tithe was not based on income but on agricultural produce. It is manipulative and fraudulent to change the word of God from produce of the land to money from income just becos it suits the church establishment. Besides the tithing doctrine was nev er directed at christians, it was par of the obsolete jewish laws which are not applicble to christians today and that is why the apostles never taught the early church to tithe.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by obowunmi(m): 9:24am On Feb 24, 2011
Chaii --- see confusion, offerings or tithes is NOT for church projects. It is money that's meant to support the poor, hungry, and needy, who come to church.

Nigerians churches are following and copying what the catholic church is doing, the catholic church is amongst the largest real estate holders in the world --- they lost/sold some of their buildings when their priests began handling young boys,
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by ogoamaka99(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
@kunleoshob,
Kunle, your major problem is that you are possessed with the spirit of ERROR. For that reason you are pessistant in oppossing the truth.You need deliverance from that spirit of error only then your eyes will be opened to the truth you once oppossed. May GOD have mercy on you.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by KunleOshob(m): 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ogoamaka
Why don't you address the numerous issues I have raised about this tithing scam rather than making vague unsubstaniated statements against me.
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by valarinz: 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
Tithes and churches, that's why churches are only second to government in terms of income, corporate size and power in 3rd world countries including our dear Nigeria.
Pastors tell us to give them tithes based on scriptural references and they forget the same scriptures also said the tithes are eaten collectively by every member of the society.
They collect these monies claiming they spend it on charity, but investigations have shown that 90% of the time the only charity they partake on with these monies are on their friends, family members or fancy suits, cars and houses.
Dare u have a problem and visit a pastor, the first question u'll be asked is 'Have u payed ur tithe', if your answer is no then no need to guess what the solution to urn problem will be.
Since when have spending your money on 'charity' directly by yourself become less rewarding that we have to give it to the pastors to help us do the spending. Isn't the most important thing that our money goes to the real needy who are not extracting it with threats of Gods punishment i u don't bulge.

Our former president Olusegun Obasanjo once said the easiest ways to make money in Nigeria are through politics and through being a pastor, does anyone disagree with him?
Re: If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? by ogajim(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
The tithe mongers will soon descend on this thread gun blazing to defend this SCAM, I wonder why they never showed us any evidence of Jesus or Apostle Paul paying (they were not farmers or owned any livestock)or receiving this tithe since neither of them came from the tribe of Levi.

They claim Pastors of the "Modern Church of Nigeria ltd/PLC" can collect tithes because they are the "modern day Levites", I wonder if they carry those tithes to Jerusalem or actually have "storehouses" in those Churches to hold the "harvest" for the poor, widow, orphan, stranger, etc.

They are quick to quote (out of context of course) "you will always have the poor with you" which begs the question of whether they are about to give their lives for their congregation/church as Jesus Christ did for MANKIND.

Beloved, we have to learn to hit the MUTE button anytime they regurgitate the same filth over and over again.

(1) (Reply)

Benin Catholics Kick Against Selection Of Archbishop / ^^ / The Bible And The Promotion Of Torture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.