Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,086 members, 7,939,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck (1110 Views)

Bangladeshi Police Arrest 11 Nigerians For Pulling Facebook Scam / Angry Mob Beat Thieves Till They Look Like Identical Twins (Photos) / Mob Beat Man For Robbing Woman Of Her ATM Card. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by gistongist: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
An Angry Mob has beaten an officer of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) for pulling a driver out of a moving truck in Delta state.

The FRSC officer identified as C. U. Mgbede was seriously beaten for forcefully pulling out the driver from a moving truck that almost cost his life.

The incident which took place on Thursday, August 27 in Benin-Asaba Expressway, Asaba almost claimed the lives of the FRSC officer and the truck driver.

Eyewitness reports that the driver landed on the paved road and was gasping for breath, attracting the mob, who pounced on the officer.

FRSC response team arrived at the scene of the incident and took the truck driver and Mgbede to the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba for proper treatments, Punch Reports.

Speaking on the issue, FRSC Sector Commander, Delta State, Alphonsus Godwin denied the officer pulling the driver out of the truck.

Godwin said, “The man was asked to stop at the checkpoint because he was not using the seatbelt; rather than stopping, he moved ahead and the marshal jumped into the vehicle and took control of the steering wheel.

“He stopped the vehicle immediately and was trying to impound the vehicle when the mob stormed the scene and beat the officer to a pulp.

“Before our response team got to the scene, the mob had brutalized the officer; our men carried the two of them, who was laying on the ground, to the FMC, Asaba. This is one of the challenges we are facing on the job when vehicle owners try to resist arrest,” he stated.

For more gist on politics visit: https://gistongist.com/

cc: Mynd44, OAM4J)
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by SoftP(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
wish i was There to add my slap to his head

Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by chinjo(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Why did the driver refuse to stop In the first place. Is he above the law? We all know the attitude of an average Nigerian driver while on steering. People should just learn to obey laws. I believe if all citizens decide not to offer men of FRSC bribe, that will be the beginning of the reformation. If you commit a traffic offence and you are booked accordingly simply go and pay the fine as been done in other countries and stop this unnessary attacks on men of FRSC simply because they are not armed.
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by Authoreety: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
Hope he was well pounded.
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by kabillionaire(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
And the FRSC jumped into the truck. Toh
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by ERockson: 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
chinjo:
Why did the driver refuse to stop In the first place. Is he above the law? We all know the attitude of an average Nigerian driver while on steering. People should just learn to obey laws. I believe if all citizens decide not to offer men of FRSC bribe, that will be the beginning of the reformation. If you commit a traffic offence and you are booked accordingly simply go and pay the fine as been done in other countries and stop this unnessary attacks on men of FRSC simply because they are not armed.
You are idiott like your colleague struggling the steering with the driver
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by tungamaje: 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
chinjo:

Is that an enough reason for him to drag the steering of a moving truck with the driver? Therefore he deserves the beating
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by andyanders: 3:53am On Aug 29, 2020
chinjo:

You lack common sense. Even with ur comment here, u ought to be stoned. Idiot. Other countries? Do u even know where an airport is in Nigeria?

Have u travelled out of the country b4? Tell me the country that their traffic officers jump into a moving car and start dragging the steering with the driver?

U reason with ur anus.
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by chukskafor(m): 6:36am On Aug 29, 2020
chinjo:
I am suspecting you are one of them
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 29, 2020
chinjo:
see as everyone is reminding you that your post is senseless.
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
chinjo:

Them for kill that officer sef
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by obyrich(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2020
I do not understand the reason behind the irrational and despicable actions of some law enforcement officers. If the drive defaults, take his vehicle particular and call the next control post on the expressway.
Re: Angry Mob Beat FRSC Officer For Pulling Driver Out Of Truck by BadBradley: 7:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
chinjo:
have you ever seen in any other part of the world where traffic officers use their bodies as barricade to stop vehicles indiscriminately?

Why would a road safety official jump on moving truck and wrestle the wheel of a moving vehicle on highway?

Are you stupid or an FRSC agent or both?

(1) (Reply)

Man Died After 7 Rounds Of Sex In Zambia / (VIDEO) Naval Officers Allegedly Shoot At Cars Parked At Car Wash In Imo State / TEARS!!! How Policemen Killed My Brother In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.