Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,655 members, 7,944,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

Securing A Job In Canada - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Securing A Job In Canada (327 Views)

Help Needed On Securing My Late Dad's Land/unfinished House. / 10 Highest Paying Illegal Job In The World / Twitter Allows For Use Of Third-party Authentication Apps In Securing Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Securing A Job In Canada by Holyjosy(f): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
Hi Nairalanders. Cutting long story short. My parents met someone who told them he could help me secure a job in Canada (menial or official, I don't know). Says they should pay 250k and the employment letter which would aid in getting the visa will be issued by a company in Canada and that after that, they'd collect half of my salary for a year.
I'd like to know how truthful this is. Is it in anyway possible. Cos I might have to part with my hard earned money too.

Please I really need your advise.
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by slimjohn2k5: 3:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
Slavery
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by flyingpig: 3:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Holyjosy:
Hi Nairalanders. Cutting long story short. My parents met someone who told them he could help me secure a job in Canada (menial or official, I don't know). Says they should pay 250k and the employment letter which would aid in getting the visa will be issued by a company in Canada and that after that, they'd collect half of my salary for a year.
I'd like to know how truthful this is. Is it in anyway possible. Cos I might have to part with my hard earned money too.

Yahoo boys are toying with your destiny grin
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by Holyjosy(f): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2020
slimjohn2k5:
Slavery
How?
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by Holyjosy(f): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
flyingpig:
Yahoo boys are toying with your destiny grin

I'd appreciate if you could just tell me if you know about it or not
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by flyingpig: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Holyjosy:

I'd appreciate if you could just tell me if you know about it or not

Keep asking grin Your body go tell u grin
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by RedCapChief(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
Holyjosy:

At best, you're going to be exploited. Companies don't give out visas, governments do. Everybody that moves to Canada arrives under a governemnt program( e.g student visa, PR visa, visitors visa e.t.c ) There is a Canadian program called Temporary Foreign Worker used to staff positions that citizens or permanent residents won't fill. It's rife with abuse and you really have no rights. It's also temporary/contract-based and you're going to have to go back. Remove any thoughts of doing any office work as these TFWs are usually for unskilled labour-intensive positions.
At worst, you're being scammed. They should be able to connect you with people who have "helped." and you should ask them questions. Who will pay for travel costs, accommodation in Canada.
All the best
Re: Securing A Job In Canada by Holyjosy(f): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
RedCapChief:

At best, you're going to be exploited. Companies don't give out visas, governments do. Everybody that moves to Canada arrives under a governemnt program( e.g student visa, PR visa, visitors visa e.t.c ) There is a Canadian program called Temporary Foreign Worker used to staff positions that citizens or permanent residents won't fill. It's rife with abuse and you really have no rights. It's also temporary/contract-based and you're going to have to go back. Remove any thoughts of doing any office work as these TFWs are usually for unskilled labour-intensive positions.
At worst, you're being scammed. They should be able to connect you with people who have "helped." and you should ask them questions. Who will pay for travel costs, accommodation in Canada.
All the best

Thanks. I'd just tell my patents to "calm down"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The State Of A Self Contain Given To A Client By An Agent For #250, 000 / Badagry Express Road Way Forward / Deeper Life High School Don Davies Prompted Mr Nollywood's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.