Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,729 members, 7,875,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer (38405 Views)

South-East South-South Professionals Association Of Nigeria Endorses Peter Obi / 2023 Presidency: In Supremacy Contest For Kano, Atiku, Tinubu Go Dirty / Bus Conductors Association Of Nigeria Endorses Buhari For A 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Okwyjesus(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Goldencheese:
For blasphemy, you kill a man and you say the God you serve is the most merciful and most beneficent? But someone is stuffing millions of dollars in his pocket but you do nothing about it but rather give him a second chance to continue his position as governor. What a travesty of justice and alarming hypocrisy at its height!

Religion is the bane of humanity indeed; Karl Marx calls it the opium of the people.

And the person insisting he will sign the death warrant. Just finished stuffing dollar in his cap.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Flairoqy(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
Goldencheese:
For blasphemy, you kill a man and you say the God you serve is the most merciful and most beneficent? But someone is stuffing millions of dollars in his pocket but you do nothing about it but rather give him a second chance to continue his position as governor. What a travesty of justice and alarming hypocrisy at its height!

Religion is the bane of humanity indeed; Karl Marx calls it the opium of the people.
In-depth Criticism devoid of bigotry.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by tollyboy5(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
PAGAN9JA:

People like you are a parts of the problem. You are the ones feeding fuel to the furnace.

Instead of promoting and practicing Ifa you are encouraging these foreign destructive cults.
So I should despise my family because of religion?
Young man I'm not Igbo I'm Yoruba, I see my self and Yoruba before calling myself Christian
Check my profile I don't hold any religion serious and I'm not against any
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by NofiuFade(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Make dem kill the man oO, at least U. S of A will now see a genuine reason to quickly invade Nigeria

I don't think Killing and barbaric act US complain about to invade Iraq back then is even up to current situation in Nigeria right now, make them continue!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Goldencheese(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
Okwyjesus:

And the person insisting he will sign the death warrant. Just finished stuffing dollar in his cap.

Lolz. Cap and Babaringa Gandollar Bank of Nigeria.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by EMMY76: 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
[quote author=LegendHero post=93361801]

Will an Igbo catholic be killed in the SE for blaspheming against the name of Jesus?[/quote

Not possible the bible didn't give such commands but the Quran is very clear on what to do with anyone who blasphem the name of muhammad.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by bejeria101(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Human life means nothing to you, nothing new to us. Murderers and killers.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Mbitiouz69: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
Goldencheese:

Don’t tag it religion, just say Islam ☪️, cause Jesus Christ never said anything like violence

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by izubext007: 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2020
they will never support endorsing the prob of corrupt leaders.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by NaMe4: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
grandiose4ever:
How I wish we can expel the whole of North west out of this country. Life would instantly become better for everyone else!

Imagine a country with

SW SS SE NE NC - 50% great outcome.

SW SS SE NC - 70% great outcome.

SS SW + Kwara SE - 100% Great outcome.

grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Dayvidblue: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ethanuella:

What is this one saying?
Do you know you are stupid sir/ma?

Lmao
You insult am finish come put ma/sir
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Empiree: 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
You have excellently said it all. This is a proof that all religions that you mentioned and those you didn't remember to mention are fake. Imagine religions are modified?. It is a proof they were never from God. Christianity included. Yet you all claimed your religions are from God. A true religion doesn't need modification. Besides, I still don't get why this judgement is your problem. The law applies to only Muslims and you guys are crying over what doesn't concern you?. Please get over it and move on.

Germany still has punishment for whoever doesn't believe in the Holocaust. Doesn't this contradict freedom of speech?. Guy, get over this shit and mind your business. It is still possible the guy may not be executed. He has opportunity to appeal and due process was observed. Law is law. Laws are meant to regulate society. Let every religion in the world enforce their religious laws and you get to realize Islam is the only religion that accommodate everyone. You will all troop to Islam if every religion is to enforce their religious laws. So get over this buddy and mind your business if you are not Muslim.
barojana:

This is where you all get it wrong!
Religion is not the problem, but Islam... There are 4300 religions out there, majority of which has been modified and adapted to modern realities.

Out of the 7 major religions Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confusianism, Judaism - only Islam still behaves so primitive like it were still in the 1100AD.

Naturally, when religions are woven intricately into the fabric of politics, disaster would always happen. And this can be proven well by Christianity which was a highly peaceful and persecuted faith only to become a powerhouse, and then some people began to use it as a tool of oppression.

However, Christians by themselves undid the errors of polluting Christianity with politics by forcing a separation of state and the church, and Christianity went back to sanity and could once more became an outreach faith. This change was led by Christians and not outsiders!

The problem with Islam is that it has always been designed to be a state powered religion because it's proponents understand that reason and logic are the greatest threats to its existence.

Islam is the major threat this world faces at this moment. We in Africa understand it, the Asians understand it. I hope the West don't understand it too late.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Olichoke: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
With the way people insult Jesus and His disciples in the whole world, imagine if Christians were to defend and fight for Jesus like Muslims fight for their Allah and Mohammed. Who would have survived?

For world peace, destroy Islam.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Femijohn198: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2020
And we denial God sometimes when things are hard for us and God have not pas judgement on us ooo.look at prophet Muhammed who is just a human.this religious of a thing must be handled with mercy.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
abbey621:

If you read my comment and comprehend, you would realize that I gave superiority to the Nigerian Constitution but when you have a clueless and useless government that has chosen to give undeserved power to supplementary laws such as Sharia then what exactly can you do? The law in Kano is Sharia, the people accepted it and the government acknowledges it, let's not pretend here if the govenrment did not support it, they would have put a stop to it in a blink of an eye...So the answer to your question is YES, SHARIA SUPERCEDES THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION IN KANO!
It doesn't matter if the people accept it or the Kano State government accepts it, we still have a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and since the guy being declared guilty and sentenced to execution for exercising his fundamental right of freedom of speech granted to him by the Highest LAW of the land which is the Nigerian Constitution and does not accept the Sharia sentencing, it is the DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA to exercise all the powers of the NIGERIAN STATE vested in its hand to EFFECT THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE of that man. Because first and foremost, that MAN IS A NIGERIAN CITIZEN BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. He is a Nigerian citizen before being a Kano indigene. It is because Nigeria exists that Kano State as a legal territory exists. Nigeria gave Kano State it's legal identity as a legal entity and jurisdiction. Kano state exists inside Nigeria, Nigeria doesn't exist inside Kano State, so therefore it is Kano state that must dance to the tune of the Nigerian Constitution Law, not other way around.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by mentored: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
HigherEd:

SOURCE

Welcome to Nigeria

Some people supported the voting of one of the lots above

Telling us back in 2015 that he is a rebranded bigot.

Give me Trump anytime any day

Umu idiot

Enjoy your nigeria

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
I have lived 90% of my life so far in the southwest. Did the southwest used to have agitation for wearing hijab in schools before? Such things were only applicable to Muslim schools like Ansarudeen etc. When I was growing up, Ansarudeen no far from my house, like 1 street away. I used to enter there sometimes, when we children dey play for street, those imams no dey discriminate, they treat all of us like their own children. As at then, the religious schools wey dey reign for Lagos na Our lady of Apostle, Wesley Girls, Methodist Girls and Reagan etc for Christians; and then Ansarudeen and Anwarudeen etc for Muslims... wey I know. Private and government schools did their things without religous interference or fanaticism approach. All through out my schooling, nothing like say hijab for school. Is that the same thing today in the southwest? Is there no agitation for religous interference, is that not an evidence of fanaticism growing? When I was growing up, in the southwest nothing like differentiation or discrimination, nobody carry religion for head, so far you are Yoruba, you are seen as One and the same, even outsiders self, so far you don belong for the area. We laugh together, live together, play together, enter eachother houses, do everything like one big extended family. But now, there is a lot of subtle religious discrimination going on. When I was growing up, when Muslims see you and they want to greet, they will say, Ekaro, or Ekale or Eka san etc depending on the time of the day and the talk will flow from there. But now, fanaticism is rising and religous discrimination is working in the background, when Muslims see you, they will say Asamalekun, because they wanna know if you are Muslim or not, and from there, if you say Malekun wa Salam, they will warm up to you as an insider, but if your reply is hanging, they will know this one is an outsider and stylishly treat you that way, they will now change the greeting to a normal style, Eka to, but they have already marked you down as an outsider. So I know what I'm saying.

Everything you say here does not point to any fanatism. Hijabs, greeting in Salam alaykum, and etc is not a factor of fanatism. It’s them just wanting to practice their religion.

My grandma will always greet you As-salam alaykum because she has been accustomed to it and yet three of her children are Christians including my mom. Does that make her an Islamic fanatics?

On the issue of Hijab, I think we tend to waste too much time on irrelevances due to the political nature and current islamophobia. In a sane environment, I see no reason why they should stop people from wearing hijab in school in as much as it wasn’t forced on them.

While I was growing up in Ibadan, I’ve seen students on Hijab and they are the general schools. Infact my mom was a public school teacher and some of her students put on hijab and people don’t even count it that much. Even in my secondary school (Ibadan Grammar School), some of my classmates always put on Hijab back then. Ibadan Grammar School used to be an Anglican school before the government took over the school.

I understand your complaint about MURIC. The Prof need to be tamed for most of his utterances and should learn how to present argument that won’t be controversial like he always do.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by muykem: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
AkwaIbomMan:
I actually thought you were a Yoruba Muslim
Your thought and you is your problem.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Openbusiness: 7:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
LegendHero:

Everything you say here does not point to any fanatism. Hijabs, greeting in Salam alaykum, and etc is not a factor of fanatism, it’s just them wanting to practice their religion.

My grandma will always greet you As-salam alaykum because she has been accustomed to it and yet three of her children are Christians including my mom. Does that make her an Islamic fanatics?

On the issue of Hijab, I think we tend to waste too much time on irrelevances due to the political nature and current islamophobia. In a sane environment, I see no reason why they should stop people from wearing hijab in school in as much as it wasn’t forced on them.

While I was growing up in Ibadan, I’ve seen students on Hijab and they are the general schools. Infact my mom was a public school teacher and some of her students put on hijab and people don’t even count it that much. Even in my secondary school (Ibadan Grammar School), some of my classmates always put on Hijab back then. Ibadan Grammar School used to be an Anglican school before the government took over the school.

I understand your complaint about MURIC. The Prof need to be tamed for most of his utterances and should learn how to present argument that won’t be controversial like he always do.
What Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) is doing in the North is exactly the same thing, THEY WANT TO PRACTICE THEIR RELIGION, and they want an exclusive land and territory for themselves where they can practice their religion exclusively without interference from nobody. So, na from small small fanaticism dey start till it grow to that level. Na egg dey turn to chicken, na seed dey turn to jungle.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
EMMY76:

Not possible the bible didn't give such commands but the Quran is very clear on what to do with anyone who blasphem the name of muhammad.

It was stated in the Bible Leviticus 24:16 that anyone who blasphem against the name of God will be put to death.

Now answer me:
Will an Igbo catholic be killed in the SE for blaspheming against God?

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by abbey621(m): 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
It doesn't matter if the people accept it or the Kano State government accepts it, we still have a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, and since the guy being declared guilty and sentenced to execution for exercising his fundamental right of freedom of speech granted to him by the Highest LAW of the land which is the Nigerian Constitution and does not accept the Sharia sentencing, it is the DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA to exercise all the powers of the NIGERIAN STATE vested in its hand to EFFECT THE IMMEDIATE RELEASE of that man. Because first and foremost, that MAN IS A NIGERIAN CITIZEN BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE. He is a Nigerian citizen before being a Kano indigene. It is because Nigeria exists that Kano State as a legal territory exists. Nigeria gave Kano State it's legal identity as a legal entity and jurisdiction. Kano state exists inside Nigeria, Nigeria doesn't exist inside Kano State, so therefore it is Kano state that must dance to the tune of the Nigerian Constitution Law, not other way around.

You're still misssing the point....YOUR NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT HAS GIVEN POWER TO SHARIA GOVERNMENT IN KANO. It matters not what you think, it matters not what you believe....What amtters is that the Nigerian government has foolishly allowed these animals to govern themselves! Do you comprehend?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by francisbiz: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
HigherEd:

SOURCE
We need to hear the music so that we can debate well
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by LegendHero(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
Openbusiness:
What Boko Haram and Islamic State of West Africa Province (ISWAP) is doing in the North is exactly the same thing, THEY WANT TO PRACTICE THEIR RELIGION, and they want an exclusive land and territory for themselves where they can practice their religion exclusively without interference from nobody. So, na from small small fanaticism dey start till it grow to that level. Na egg dey turn to chicken, na seed dey turn to jungle.

Nope. Stop equating Boko Haram to this coz it is two different thing.

When I was in university, the Jehovah witness people always come to the hostel to preach to me. Even when I told them I’m a Muslim, they won’t stop but they will keep preaching to me. To me that is an act of terror coz they are terrorizing me daily with their messages which I don’t even want to hear.

Now imagine Muslims coming to your house to knock everyday and telling you Muhammad is the only way. Even after you tell them you’re Muslim, they still remain adamant to preach! How will you feel? What will be the headline? It would have been Islamization according to the media.

Another example, in my public secondary school, we always pray in the Christian way on Mon-Thursday and we always sing Christian song on the assembly ground. I know a lot of Christian songs through that. Now imagine them always singing Muslim songs Monday to Thursday in secondary school, what would the Christians have said?

Equating the attitude of some Yoruba wanting to use hijab or greeting as salam alaykum to an act of terror is totally rubbish to be honest coz they don’t relate.

Last Sallah, BBC Igbo page greeted Muslims for the celebration, If you see how the Igbos descended on the BBC page with abuse and threats simply because they greeted Igbo Muslims you’ll feel sorry for them. That to me is an act of terror and religious fanatism taking too far. But as usual, the media won’t project that because it doesn’t suit the islamophobia trend.

Even in the USA and other western countries, they allow you to use hijab the way you like and even policemen and judges put on their hijab without intimidation.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Yankee101: 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
Form your own country
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by AkwaIbomMan(m): 7:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
muykem:
Your thought and you is your problem.
guess this account has been hacked
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Apktotheworld: 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
Goldencheese:

Religion is the bane ewwof humanity indeed; Karl Marx calls it the opium of the people.
Ilu radardada ma ni a gbe ke. E don tire me sef.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by thaoriginator: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
ZinoFasisi:

What's ur stand on this issue?
The Quran and Hadith does not support any sort of violence against those who calls prophets names or abuse the in any ways.

prophet Muhammad was being insulted during his lifetime not just now. He didn't call for violence against anybody.

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by gbemishile: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Let us not be sentimental about the issue.
When u are in Rome,please behave like a roman.when u know what u might get urself involved with,it is best to please avoid it.
U can not travel or live in another country like China,Saudi Arabia and feel like u can behave anyow.
It isn't about prophet muhamed that he blasphemed.the Sharia law states if u blaspheme ANY of the prophets,then ur punishment is this.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by vanunu: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
MrTee28:
Just imagine. But they will never fight against the release of repentant terrorist.

What is the difference between them and boko Haram, is it not the same thing they are doing.
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by Apktotheworld: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
Chosen1984:
How I wish the Eyes and Understanding of People will be Open to see God Almighty Reaction to what His Creatures are trying to do..

All the same! My Admonishment to this Brother is to see this as a Privilege Death.

Confess all Sins, Surrender Completely to Jesus and just let them do their thing. I assure Him that if He does this, He will be Received into the Loving Arms of My Daddy in Heaven..
Seriously? shocked
Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
tollyboy5:

So I should despise my family because of religion?
Young man I'm not Igbo I'm Yoruba, I see my self and Yoruba before calling myself Christian
Check my profile I don't hold any religion serious and I'm not against any

I know you are Yoruba and as Yoruba you should be promoting Ifa instead of these two viruses. By participating in their ways and customs you are only legitimizing these evil cults in Nigeria. Yourr relatives as human beings may be nice but not the evil poisonous cults they follow. You should be speaking up against them or atleast refrain from enjoining them. The very same cults that demonize our ancestral ways of worship and have brought this nation to its last knees!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer by 02Kebreal(m): 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
May we end well

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Protests Rock Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Niger Over Insecurity / Dahiru Buba: People Now Mock Me For Trekking From Gombe To Abuja For Buhari / Throwback Pictures Of Tinubu At The CCT Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.