Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 (47342 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / Is It Ok For A Guy To Be Living With His Parents At Age 32-39 ? / At The Age Of 20, What Is A Young Man Supposed To Have Achieved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by Ruq: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Blessingisrael:
Dear OP, I do hope you find and read this, I also do hope this will help someone else. you said your parent did care much for you when you were a child. They probably are protective parents who do everything for a child, but protective parent never teach their children self love. They believe all the type of love the child needs come from them. they are great providers, too. but do not teach their kids how to stand on their own. one effect of protective parenting is that their kids are vulnerable to being bullied by outsiders.
you have every right to be crossed with them, but then, that's probably the only way they understand parenting.
I could call you names like others who probably doesn't understand where you are coming from , but I won't, because I know the danger of wrong childhood foundation, and the extent this damage could go even in adulthood. your act of stealing is a way to rebel, for you feel your parents didn't do much for you in helping you discover who you are and what you can do. so you blame them for the wasted years. you have right to be annoyed. guess what, if you must heal, you must forgive , forgive , forgive , accept their errors and yours, and move on to achieving. be willing to start another end for your self. for if you continue on this stealing lane, you won't end well. you won't even aspire.
cut the stealing , talk to a therapist , get a trusted friend to talk to. if you are willing to talk to someone who understands childhood trauma and it's effect in latter life, you can send me a mail.
you need healing of the soul and spirit which will transcend to your body and allow you to aspire again and live your life

May God bless your soul for this gem you've dropped. Reading it was so calming and connecting. Indeed you know how deep the effects of childhood trauma can be. I always say that parents are the architects of a child's future. People underestimate the effect of one supporting adult, just one.

Growing up wasn't perfect but I know in the hands of the right parents, I'd have been a super genius. Even though I don't hate myself like that like that. I can't say I love myself either. The idea of self-love just feels wrong, even though I understand why it's necessary. I get scared to love myself because I erroneously think it is wrong. Even, I struggle to accept being loved despite being likeable. Those signs of self hatred are deep rooted. The self sabotage too.

This man here is really pained and I can see I connect to why he feels that way, but most people will never understand. I thought the OP intended to say his parents did not care for him. I'm surprised,because i feel it's those who weren't card for who usually struggle with self love. Feral kids come to mind. The pattern of never feeling cared for stings. The feeling of being cherished is an unusual one. You continue to self sabotage even in the face of real comfort. Even though I am no longer pissed I still have the rebellious spirit. I have pushed away hundreds of beautiful people and souls who show me kindness. I just really struggle to accept being loved. And God has blessed me in everyway too, but I still have that rebellious nature.

The good thing about never feeling cared for is that you rarely take life serious, I know people who are worried people may not cry after they die. I have nursed that pain so well I have an obsession of leaving life at anytime. grin I hope I heal fully to realise how stupid my thoughts are.

Childhood trauma crosses into issues depression and other mental illness, intelligence, PTSD, anxiety. A person's overall happiness, their insecurities, their view of life. Too too many that I can't list. I hope those who went through horrors growing up are able to heal and find someone that changes their narrative, most importantly I hope they'll be able to believe in God and his love and find life worthy of living.

There are several cases of feral kids that leave me speechless at how heartbreaking it is to have your parents break your own soul. And I still hate the term "self love" I don't care how much self love you possess, the warmth of knowing someone loves you will always beat it. While it's important to love yourself. You'll still feel like shit when it dawns on you that you can't even boast that someone loves you. I even believe most of the people who think they love themselves do because they had someone who loved them and subconsciously they imbibed it. The fact that one has to consciously practice "self love" means something went wrong somewhere. Everyone is supposed to love themselves subconsciously and kids can't do this by themselves that's why they need someone to show them how till it's imbibed. Ends rant. angry

Anyways it was refreshing to read your comment. God bless you immensely.
Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by Ruq: 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2020
WoundedLamb:

He probably meant "didn't". Maybe he also didn't learn how to write. More things to blame mummy and daddy for. Lmao...

I believe the guy is just trolling. grin

Seeing his other replies, I feel he's actually trolling. Got me pissed a little cuz I thought he really needed to be fixed right in the head.

1 Like

Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by Ruq: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2020
Evolutionlove:

Generally 70% of Nigerian Parents are Sadistic, Narcissist, Educated & Uneducated illiterates, Tyrants, Egoistic Fools and Unrepentant Evil People. Most of them keep on turning over how their parent treated them to their offsprings, foolish people. I'do envy those people whom their parents showed them love and stood by them In all season. Some of these peeps doesn't even know the huge favour God did for them. See let me tell you, You are not alone, Even most of the bast,ards condemning you on here are having It worst than you. Most of them are from extremely damaged and broken homes. There are too many frustrated and broken people In Shiithole these days. I will just advise you keep your heads up and focus and take charge of your life.

As brutal as this sounds. It's the truth.
Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by Ruq: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2020
henryokafor0:
same here bro, I don't feel connected to him at all, recently he's been trying to get intimate with me by discussing how close he was with his old man and how envious he's colleague was of his closeness to his dad and blah blah blah, he even put it in our morning prayer on different occasions ( let our kids come closer to us and realize their parents are not there enemies) but that didn't move me.. I don't hate him but tbh with ya bro, the parental cord / tie don cut like bet9ja ticket.. still feel him tho but he's too rigid for my liking

They don't understand that the bond is best built when the kids are still little. There's a duration for the channel.

1 Like

Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by Renegadefrank(m): 7:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
Damn! This is sad. Figure out what you want in life and go get it.

To steal from your parents at this age as a sign of rebellion or revenge for past deeds, is just pathetically appalling.

The best revenge is for you to turn out successful and become a better person in general. Doing this doesn't negate the fact that you're still bitter and might remain bitter/stagnant

So I say again, figure your shit out now that you know your issues from childhood and how it's affected you. It's obvious that you need to be engaged and stop thinking about whatever wrong they've done to you. Whatever it is, know there are people in worse situations and yours might be nothing compared to theirs.

It has happened already and the past cannot be changed. Move the f*ck on, Bros and engage yourself. If you don't, you'll only keep dwelling in your misery and nothing would change this bitterness of yours. Plus, you'll affect those around you with your negative energy.

Best wishes and all the best
Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by AssistantJesus1: 11:19pm On Sep 01, 2020
ecolime:
Age 35? shocked
You really need to grow up dude.
only God can save
Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by mexbee1(m): 12:16am On Sep 02, 2020
Sirfemisky:
I am in HND l.

My life has been in a mess since when I was a child. My parents did care much for me when I was a child. I was a victim of child bully.

I wasted many years after my secondary school.

I now steal from them as a revenge for not teaching me self love

May God epp u

Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by mosdii(m): 6:46am On Sep 02, 2020
Good Day NL's, how are we doing today?.
Happy New Month.

Please I'm so sorry for disturbing you guys. I seriously need your help to pay my rent that expired on August 31st.

I used to work in a hotel before the Corona virus issue and I was sacked afterwards. I falled back to my little savings to help me and my mother throughout the tough period.
I have struggled to raise 40% of the rent and the landlord is on my neck. Please I'm begging you to kindly assist me with anything, nothing is too small.

Acct: 2065090286
Bank: UBA
Thanks and God bless you.
Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by meobizy(f): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2022
These are the types who come here to debate world politics when their lives are a huge mess. I no dey take people here serious for one day.
Re: I Still Steal From My Parents At The Age Of 35 by Davidave(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2022
Are you fat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other / Three Powerful Prayers That Could Turn Your Husband Back To God. / Return My Virginity If You Want Dissolution, Wife Tells Husband

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.