Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1065087 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 9:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
bugativeron:

Is it to US Embassy or where?
Skilled workers canada
Re: Usa Visit Visa by namek2: 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
@ladyG which day in particular are you having urs nd where? mine is 23rd that next wk@abuja,,ladyG pls i work in private company ie nalin paint company Nigeria limited as chief marketing officer,i earn 180k monthly after tax, with 4yrs working xperince hope is a strong home tie?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by namek2: 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
@ladyG which day in particular are you having urs nd where? mine is 23rd that next wk@abuja,,ladyG pls i work in private company ie nalin paint company Nigeria limited as chief marketing officer,i earn 180,,i monthly after tax, with 4yrs working xperince i have 3.2million in my act,to sponsor my trip, hope is a strong home tie?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tonapuck: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2015
Good day people, am really in needs of your advice
and kindly tell me what steps to take. Well, there's a
girl I met on the internet, we have been dating each
otherfor a long time, she's an American and she
wanted me to come to the state to live there with
her, she promise to send me an invitation letter and
some other documents. Pls, advice me, which type
of visa am I gonna apply for? Would immigration
officer accept her to be my sponsorer and to take
care of my accomodation? Thanks.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by bugativeron: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Skilled workers canada

Ok wish you well.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ibabdul1: 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

U r right. I apologise. Having a bad day from my own visa waka issues. I took it out on the virtual bashing board.
Lemme rephrase, its better ti sponsor yourself. Shows u r solid in naija and not a wishy washy applicant.
#stretchesouthand

Its ok LadyG, I guess as much, I wish you success in all your endeavors and God will perfect everything that has to do with the success of the exam. Meanwhile I was in bank today to pay for the application as God will have it I met someone also who was denied in March and came to buy another form, he said he was denied under 214(b), I asked what is that all about and he explained to me. He said he believed that he was denied to the fact that he used his own brother has sponsor. I asked him if his working, he said yes his working in a good company as an Engineer and his earning well, married even has three kids. I was surprised when he told me he was denied, immediately I get cold I wanted to change my mind but I still press further not to loose hope. During our conversation I told him that since he got denied in February and it will be too early for him to reapply, he said it doesn't matter but I told him to hold on that there is a forum we do share ideas and will find out from the guru in the house if is not too early for him, meanwhile we exchanged numbers and I promised to get back to him, I even introduced him to the forum but he said he doesn't really have time because he is a site engineer.

Pls Guru in the house, is it not too early for someone that got denied in March and reapply again based on the fact the he was denied under 214(b).
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
ibabdul1:

Pls Guru in the house, is it not too early for someone that got denied in March and reapply again based on the fact the he was denied under 214(b).
Answer to ur question below by the VO on Nairaland, l posted it here few days ago smiley
abujaniv:
Greetings,

When someone is denied for a lack of ties to Nigeria or under section 214(b), these applicants have the legal right to reapply. In these situations, the applicant must pay another fee, submit a new application, and schedule a new interview. The applicant ‘s subsequent interview would be with a different interviewing officer if possible.

Applicants with prior refusals should be prepared to show further evidence of their ties or how their circumstances have changed since the time of the original application. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

So is there a 90-day ban on reapplying after a 214(b) refusal?
No. The consular officer will reconsider a case when an applicant reapplies, if an applicant can show further convincing evidence of ties outside the United States. Unfortunately, some applicants will not qualify for a nonimmigrant visa, regardless of how many times they reapply, until their personal, professional, and financial circumstances change considerably.

Please note that very few of these decisions are overturned within 90 days because it is very hard to build stronger ties to Nigeria in less than 3 months. It takes time to build stronger ties- months or even years. An applicant can influence an officer to change a prior visa denial only through the presentation of new and convincing evidence of strong ties.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by OJBobo(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
Good day all! I benefited a lot from reading forumites experiences as per the application for the US non-immigrant Visa. The comments and posts really helped us(my wife and I) in preparing for our interview appointment.
We had our interview on Monday in Abuja, transcript below

VO: Gud morning
US: gud morning
VO: Are u husband and wife
My wife: yes
VO: Where are u going to in the US?
ME: Atlanta, Georgia
VO: Where do you work
ME: so so so company
VO: what do u do there
ME: Engineer
VO: How long have u been working in the company
ME: will be 13 years in July
VO: Where have you travelled to?
ME: UK, Israel, Istanbul, Dubai (mentioned the places I filled in the DS-160 form)
VO: Madam, where have u travelled to
My wife: UK, Turkey
VO: Madam, what do u do aside the home (filled homemaker in the DS-160 form)
My wife: I sell children wears
VO: Madam, are u pregnant
My wife : No
VO: paused for like 5s while typing
VO:Ok, your visa has been approved, pick it up during the week
Us: Thank u

It lasted less than 2mins

Thank you all for your helpful contributions.

We just thank GOD for HIS favour.
Didn't check any document.
Filled in the DS-160 form that we are staying with my wife's cousin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2015
OJBobo:
Good day all! I benefited a lot from reading forumites experiences as per the application for the US non-immigrant Visa. The comments and posts really helped us(my wife and I) in preparing for our interview appointment.
We had our interview on Monday in Abuja, transcript below

VO: Gud morning
US: gud morning
VO: Are u husband and wife
My wife: yes
VO: Where are u going to in the US?
ME: Atlanta, Georgia
VO: Where do you work
ME: so so so company
VO: what do u do there
ME: Engineer
VO: How long have u been working in the company
ME: will be 13 years in July
VO: Where have you travelled to?
ME: UK, Israel, Istanbul, Dubai (mentioned the places I filled in the DS-160 form)
VO: Madam, where have u travelled to
My wife: UK, Turkey
VO: Madam, what do u do aside the home (filled homemaker in the DS-160 form)
My wife: I sell children wears
VO: Madam, are u pregnant
My wife : No
VO: paused for like 5s while typing
VO:Ok, your visa has been approved, pick it up during the week
Us: Thank u

It lasted less than 2mins

Thank you all for your helpful contributions.

We just thank GOD for HIS favour.
Didn't check any document.
Filled in the DS-160 form that we are staying with my wife's cousin

There's no place to fill previous non-U.S travel in the DS160 though
Re: Usa Visit Visa by OJBobo(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
There is a part of the form where u fill ur travel history aside US in the last 5 years.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 4:05am On Apr 16, 2015
Zelinjo:

Who says?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:25am On Apr 16, 2015
grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 7:28am On Apr 16, 2015
There is, i filled it too.
but in my wife's form, there was no such column.

Zelinjo:

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Zelinjo:

says who I didn't know we had a ds-160 on this thread, the form for men is different from the one one for women,moreover depending on your answer to your question,it leads to other questions!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 7:44am On Apr 16, 2015
i agree with you, i was asked to input my Academic status (Name of University and course of study) but my wife wasn't asked.

chloe7:
says who I didn't know we had a ds-160 on this thread, the form for men is different from the one one for women,moreover depending on your answer to your question,it leads to other questions!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2015
o2tvseries:

This is correct. There are fewer questions for the spouse as most of the questions are directed at the lead applicant.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2015
o2tvseries:

Interesting . Maybe it's for men only? I don't know.... that wasn't a question in me/my mums form
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pls, do i need a cover letter from my bank or my statement of account will be fine?

thegreengooner:

This is correct. There are fewer questions for the spouse as most of the questions are directed at the lead applicant.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
o2tvseries:
Pls, do i need a cover letter from my bank or my statement of account will be fine?

Don't bother wasting your 3k5. Them no go look am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
DS 160 for men is different and more detailed than that of women, primary applicant or not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2015
Thanks MA LADY
after we collect the visa, i go send you 1 box of chocolate grin
LadyGuinivere:

Don't bother wasting your 3k5. Them no go look am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
o2tvseries:
Thanks MA LADY
after we collect the visa, i go send you 1 box of chocolate grin
Correct!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 18, 2015
koolkenzo:
Hello everyone in the house, I had my interview yesterday in abuja and I was denied.
My interview went this way:

VO: good morning
ME: good morning
VO: where are you going in the US
ME: Houston, Texas.
VO: your purpose
ME: I am invited to attend my elder brother graduation ceremony.
VO: where do you work
ME: bla bla bla
VO: what's your position
ME: I am the Managing Director of bla bla
VO: what's your company into
ME: it's a construction company
VO: how much do you earn
ME: 350000 monthly after tax
VO: have you travel as family before
ME: No expect our trip to Ghana for our honeymoon
VO: I can see you were in SA last year
VO: turn to my wife and asked her if she has made any trip on her own since after our honeymoon
My Wife: No
VO: have you travel with your baby before
ME: no, he's just 13 months and we have no been opportune to embark on anytrip because of work.
VO: at this point, I am sorry bla bla bla. She denied us.

The most annoying part of the whole interview was when she was busy asking questions about my 13 month son and he never looked at any document not even the invitation letter from the school.

Please I really want to know where we got it wrong because I would love to reapply again after 3 months for a family holiday.

She was very busy denying everybody...

I'm sowie k? Ur case is similar to mine. The decision to grant a visa application rest sqarely on the vo. So, jst chill out and u'll get it at a later time k?

#FredoRicko
Re: Usa Visit Visa by toskybrown(f): 1:13am On Apr 19, 2015
hi guys,
Thanks for all your help regards to questions being answered in this thread. I am currently married and live in spain with my husband who is an european but would love to come home for the holidays and apply for a visting visa to the United states.
i have been to ghana and dubai before i left for spain and i also run a very good account in Nigeria based on my business in buying and selling.
To point out i also read on this thread that its better to come home to apply in ones own country.
I would like to know what my chances are.thanks
@justwise

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 19, 2015
why not apply from Spain where you seem to have a stronger tie (your husband)...if possible make it a joint application with your hubby, once the visa is out, you can travel while he stays behind or you both travel together for vacation or tourism.. smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
please, i need info on any good hotel around the US Embassy around 15k per night, entering lagos tomorrow.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
o2tvseries:
please, i need info on any good hotel around the US Embassy around 15k per night, entering lagos tomorrow.

Check www.booking.com
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
o2tvseries:
there are a few around the embassy but definitely not within the 15k range, you can check into one on the mainland that's quite affordable and leave the place early enough in the morning with a taxi, just an advice though
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
thanks, please how much can i get one around the Embassy?
how far is the US Embassy from the Mainland? (LAGOS JJC)
my appointment is 7am, i nor wan hear say i miss am grin

chloe7:
there are a few around the embassy but definitely not within the 15k range, you can check into one on the mainland that's quite affordable and leave the place early enough in the morning with a taxi, just an advice though
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
o2tvseries:
thanks, please how much can i get one around the Embassy?
how far is the US Embassy from the Mainland? (LAGOS JJC)
my appointment is 7am, i nor wan hear say i miss am grin

If your appointment is 7am, please don't stay on the mainland (e.g. Ikeja) Or else you'd have to leave by 5am. However, if you're staying in Yaba/Surulere which is closer to the island, then maybe you can do 5.30ish. Check dealdey.com for hotel deals.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
o2tvseries:

http://www.dealdey.com/deals/divine-fountain-hotel-two-night-stay

This is in V.I. It's 15k for a two night stay. You can't get a better deal than this. I think you should stay closer to the embassy.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by o2tvseries: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks, i am going for the deal right away.

Zelinjo:

http://www.dealdey.com/deals/divine-fountain-hotel-two-night-stay

This is in V.I. It's 15k for a two night stay. You can't get a better deal than this. I think you should stay closer to the embassy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.