Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,925 members, 7,872,978 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1065112 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Dyke004(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dear All,
Is it possible for a one man business in US to employ someone from outside the country like Nigeria.
Can the employment letter aid getting visa for US?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tolman061(m): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Yes...

VO : Morning, Adetola Soji...
ME : I answered n completed wit my surname
VO : U are going to Boston?
ME : Yes
VO : To do wat?
ME : Jst on vacation
VO : How long to do intend to stay? ...
ME : I said jst 21days
VO : Where do work?
ME : I said i work wit Fed Govt of Nigeria,under ministry of Health...NAFDAC to b precise.
VO : Wat do do? ...i said am a regulatory officer,he den ask...wat do regulate?
ME : I said food n drugs...
VO : Av u traveled b4? ...i said yes...wher?
ME : I said yes...Uk
VO : Are you single or married?
ME : I said am happily single...he smiled☺
VO : Do u av a child?..i smiled n said NO
VO : How old are you? ...i ans
VO : Do u av any property? ...i said Yes...he said wat? ...i said landed property. He den ask wher? ...i said here in lagos. R u going to build? I said yes ofcourse, he den ask wat? ...i said duplex...he smiled
ME : I said Yes...n i smiled also
VO : How did u get d land?i was confused sef cos i dnt knw wat to say...i was jst finkin how wil i get it than to buy...i said i bought it
VO : How much is ur salary?
ME : I said 100k plus...
VO : How long av u bin working?
ME : I said 5yrs now
VO : Who do u stay wit here in lagos...i smiled n i said i stay alone...he den ask how much my ouse rent...i said 400k per annum. ..
ME : Was even thinking he's going to ask for my acct statement n payslip...bt nuffin lik dat
VO : Who wil b paying 4ur trip? I said mysef n my aunty. Dat i wil b responsible 4d ticket y my aunty taks care of other.

He nw said ur visa av hin approved. ..no congratulation or wat so eva. Lik i care

I was even asking him...won't i thump print again? ...He said No...dat ur visa av bin issued n we hop to return in 3days working days....dats all...n i said thank u

Twas jst God am telling u...He didn't even check any of my documents i went wit, including my visitation letter sef...dats how it all ended in praise.

I fink dey knw already pple dey are likely to give cos dey av done dere home work already or some

8 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations!!

tolman061:
Yes...

ME : I said i work wit Fed Govt of Nigeria,under ministry of Health...NAFDAC to b precise.
VO : Do u av any property? ...i said Yes...he said wat? ...i said landed property. He den ask wher? ...i said here in lagos. R u going to build? I said yes ofcourse, he den ask wat? ...i said duplex...he smiled
VO : How did u get d land?i was confused sef cos i dnt knw wat to say...i was jst finkin how wil i get it than to buy...i said i bought it
VO : Who do u stay wit here in lagos...i smiled n i said i stay alone...he den ask how much my ouse rent...i said 400k per annum. ..
ME : Was even thinking he's going to ask for my acct statement n payslip...bt nuffin lik dat
VO : Who wil b paying 4ur trip? I said mysef n my aunty. Dat i wil b responsible 4d ticket y my aunty taks care of other.

He nw said ur visa av hin approved. ..no congratulation or wat so eva. Lik i care

I was even asking him...won't i thump print again? ...He said No...dat ur visa av bin issued n we hop to return in 3days working days....dats all...n i said thank u

Twas jst God am telling u...He didn't even check any of my documents i went wit, including my visitation letter sef...dats how it all ended in praise.

I fink dey knw already pple dey are likely to give cos dey av done dere home work already or some
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Congrats Tolman.

So there's hope for 'happily sinlges' out there with less than 150k salary.
Like I said earlier, number of years worked also counts as ties

cc: Chloe
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darellone: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
Simple illustration of God's Favour.............. I tap unto that favour

tolman061:
Yes...

Re: Usa Visit Visa by hodusglobal(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
tolman061:
Yes...

. I dey follow you rejoice here too ooocheesy.
Chloe, your own Visa is also waiting for you & mine is also expecting me to come and pick it up at the Walter Carrington U.S embassy. In Sha Allahu! We shall give praise to the lord Almighty with smiling facesmileyat the end. Ameen! Let's just keep asking for the lord Almighty mercy...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dyke004:
Dear All,
Is it possible for a one man business in US to employ someone from outside the country like Nigeria.
Can the employment letter aid getting visa for US?

Yes if the business is up to 2 years old and its dully registered in the USA and is paying tax with good financial records. The owner can bring in hands from any part for the world. The owner will need to process a work visa for the employee and not the general visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by IdrisAdebiye: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
Congrats Tolman061.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by babbs45: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
ekpotek:

Yes if the business is up to 2 years old and its dully registered in the USA and is paying tax with good financial records. The owner can bring in hands from any part for the world. The owner will need to process a work visa for the employee and not the general visa.

H-1B visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 4:56am On Jun 13, 2015
tolman061:
Yes...

Congrats Tolman...like i have opined here...VO's gives visa on whatever they think,this have proven it too that singles can get visa and not based on marriage alone...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by overlord77: 6:13am On Jun 13, 2015
gentleiphy:

Congrats Tolman...like i have opined here...VO's gives visa on whatever they think,this have proven it too that singles can get visa and not based on marriage alone...

I think people with good career background is also a plus, remember they gave provisions on the DS-160 form to fill in your employment history. I remember filling that part with my three last jobs and giving clear details of my functions during those years. I have this theory that the VOs actually scheme through submitted forms a day prior to the interview date. Hence, they would normally have made up their minds on whose to approve and not to.

just my thought!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2015
ayobj:
Gratitude to all of you for the advice and encouragement.
I reported here that my passport was stolen with my visa in January this year.
I wrote a mail to the embassy in february.
I reapplied afresh and my visa was granted in april.
The VO asked for a police report and grilled me on my previous travels.

Last week.i applied for my kids 3 of them and they were also given.
I will be a visiting fellow at the University of Michigan Medical Centre in Ann Arbor in the summer so many goodies await you guys.
Travelling with the whole crew.Tickets are very crazy at the moment and will be worse then.
That will be my fourth US visa application all succesful.so permit me to call myself a veteran.
Will henceforth be a regular contributor and adviser to all intending applicants.

Once again.Muito obrigado and Danke shone!!!

Pleease what are the questions asked concerning your previous travelling experience because my passport got burnt, should I also get a police report ? Please advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 10:10am On Jun 13, 2015
overlord77:

I think people with good career background is also a plus, remember they gave provisions on the DS-160 form to fill in your employment history. I remember filling that part with my three last jobs and giving clear details of my functions during those years. I have this theory that the VOs actually scheme through submitted forms a day prior to the interview date. Hence, they would normally have made up their minds on whose to approve and not to.

just my thought!

That too is a what we feel the VO's use but cases abound here where that requirement was well met and all other factors met too but still visas were denied...i still believe they issue visas as how and the mood they woke up in that day....or how do you explain that of a friend that worked for 2 banks before joining one of the multinational tobacco coy here as a regional manager with wife and 3 kids and good travel history to Europe and Africa,some for work duty and some for vacation..and yet was denied visa on his first application but after about 5 months he came back same condition as at when he applied last and he was granted...the other visa officer that denied him,what was his reason and the one that granted after 5 months of denial what was the additional thing he saw that the denial master didn't see...its just favor from God and not because individual applicants packaged well or were super confident in responding to the questions...so VO's sef hardly listens to you even though they were the one that asked the questions as they were busying typing while you talk...point is i want to agree that before you even stand in their front they have already pre approved just waiting to see your face.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
gentleiphy:

That too is a what we feel the VO's use but cases abound here where that requirement was well met and all other factors met too but still visas were denied...i still believe they issue visas as how and the mood they woke up in that day....or how do you explain that of a friend that worked for 2 banks before joining one of the multinational tobacco coy here as a regional manager with wife and 3 kids and good travel history to Europe and Africa,some for work duty and some for vacation..and yet was denied visa on his first application but after about 5 months he came back same condition as at when he applied last and he was granted...the other visa officer that denied him,what was his reason and the one that granted after 5 months of denial what was the additional thing he saw that the denial master didn't see...its just favor from God and not because individual applicants packaged well or were super confident in responding to the questions...so VO's sef hardly listens to you even though they were the one that asked the questions as they were busying typing while you talk...point is i want to agree that before you even stand in their front they have already pre approved just waiting to see your face.

I don't agree with you at all.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by gentleiphy: 6:13am On Jun 14, 2015
thegreengooner:

I don't agree with you at all.

And what is your own assumption if you dont agree at all...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
femi4wonders:

Pleease what are the questions asked concerning your previous travelling experience because my passport got burnt, should I also get a police report ? Please advice

Did you have a valid visa within the passport?have you applied at the embassy before with it?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
ayobj:

Did you have a valid visa within the passport?have you applied at the embassy before with it?
Yes, I have Uk and kenya valid visa on it, the last time I applied but I was denied, but the visas have expired before the passport got burnt but I have a new passport now.
Should I just get the police report incase the V.O ask ?
And what are the questions asked about your previous travelling experience ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
femi4wonders:

Yes, I have Uk and kenya valid visa on it, the last time I applied but I was denied, but the visas have expired before the passport got burnt but I have a new passport now.
Should I just get the police report incase the V.O ask ?
And what are the questions asked about your previous travelling experience ?

If you already have a new (genuine) passport then don't worry about the old one.
Just tell the truth if you are asked, don't try to get too complicated with your story, just the facts.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
gentleiphy:

And what is your own assumption if you dont agree at all...

I disagree with the section below.

gentleiphy:

...so VO's sef hardly listens to you even though they were the one that asked the questions as they were busying typing while you talk...point is i want to agree that before you even stand in their front they have already pre approved just waiting to see your face.

The VO's do listen. However, articulation is very important. The only questions you are ever asked are questions you were asked on the form and you answered. Your ability to articulate your answers or regurgitate the responses are very key.

If you do not understand the question, simply ask the VO to repeat the question and don't fumble away and assume that a half-hearted response is good enough. It has been reiterated time and time again that the decision to grant the visa is given as a result of the interview and not a pre-approval.

It is possible that some background research may have been done on you before you present yourself at the interview window. The essence of the interview is for the applicant to positively corroborate the information supplied on the form without contradictions...

I hope that this serves to explain.

3 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by BitterSweet(f): 7:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have an interview tomorrow in abuja by1.30. What's the best time to arrive at the embassy? Suggestions plzz
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
worry357:

If you already have a new (genuine) passport then don't worry about the old one.
Just tell the truth if you are asked, don't try to get too complicated with your story, just the facts.
So are u trying to say there is no need for a Police report ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry357: 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
femi4wonders:

So are u trying to say there is no need for a Police report ?
Not if you already have a genuine replacement passort.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by thegreengooner(m): 11:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
BitterSweet:
I have an interview tomorrow in abuja by1.30. What's the best time to arrive at the embassy? Suggestions plzz

11am
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BitterSweet(f): 6:44am On Jun 15, 2015
thegreengooner:

11am
Thanks. Fingers crossed smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by LadyGuinivere: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2015
BitterSweet:

Thanks. Fingers crossed smiley
God's grace

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by bigfido: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2015
Chloe7, your morale don drop o.. embarassed you are hardly here again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by darellone: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2015
Waiting for your testimony oooo.

BitterSweet:

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Bimbolamelo: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2015
Hello house......I'm a Nigerian currently studying in India.I would like to visit my uncle in the Usa,can I apply for the visa here in india?.......(I was denied a student visa in Abuja last November)...pls what are my chances of getting the visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 2:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Hello house......I'm a Nigerian currently studying in India.I would like to visit my uncle in the Usa,can I apply for the visa here in india?.......(I was denied a student visa in Abuja last November)...pls what are my chances of getting the visa?

You can apply for a visa where your tie is.
If you have a strong tie to India aside your studies, then it should be fine.

However, it will be kind of difficult to get issued with a U.S visa from India.

I advise you to come to Nigeria and apply.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekpotek: 3:02pm On Jun 15, 2015
Bimbolamelo:

Find out from the USA embassy in India, if you are eligible to apply from India first.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by BitterSweet(f): 3:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
darellone:
Waiting for your testimony oooo.

My visa was approved! Will share the transcript later.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (323)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.