Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,272 members, 7,970,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:07 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1073224 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 4:13pm On Feb 12, 2013
VCTROKOYE: please, i applied for student's visa in 2001. Then I didn't include all the names of my family members in my application because I was advised that since they are based in USA, it would affect my chance. Then I was denied on the ground that I could not answer some questions about my school. Now, I want to reapply for a different purpose and I want to include all the names including that of the ones in USA.
Please, do I stand a chance?
No problem,include them, perhaps the reason for that refusal is not in any way related to your family members in the usa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2013
t4tharyo: Hello House
Help! Help! Help!
I filled my ds 160 form today, coz am going for my interview this week. But to my suprise i notice the PLACE of BIRTH on my data page is different from that of my "ds 160 confirmation page"
My "ds 160 confirmation page" shows my city & country(Ebute Metta Nigeria) has my place of birth, while my Passport data page shows the state(LAGOS) has my place of birth. Please what should I do? Before it gets too late.
Thanks..
forget it.that can be explained.
ebuttemetta is an integral part of lagos.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dunte: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2013
Pls I will like to know if anyone has experienced this while scheduling an appointment.( Error: Error occurred while loading a Visualforce page. )And what was the solution.idea needed please
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tiebe: 9:27am On Feb 13, 2013
My good people! i'm planning to visit the U.S as a tourist in july. I dont want to have to go as a family visitor. the only relative close enough to invite me is even a distant relative. I've been to holland, uk as family visitor and dubai and Barbados as tourist. I'm a single gal, work in an oil firm, have land, and fixed dep. now, my questions are:

will i be seen to have enough ties in Nigeria?
How much do i need to have in my acc to satisfy VO? seeing as i have most of my dough in my fixed dep. do i need to present that as well?
how do i 'prove' i am actually going there for tourism?

many thanks
Re: Usa Visit Visa by funmikosoko: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
MrsM: Hello house...is it possible for someone who has not travelled anywhere else before to get a US visit visa? I'm thinking of applying for my mum,but she hasnt been anywhere before. And also does anyone know anyone who got a visit visa on a virgin passport? Thanks in advance
My close friend applied wit a virging passport n was given 2years,so not impossible

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
ti-ebe:
My good people! i'm planning to visit the U.S as a tourist in july. I dont want to have to go as a family visitor. the only relative close enough to invite me is even a distant relative. I've been to holland, uk as family visitor and dubai and Barbados as tourist. I'm a single gal, work in an oil firm, have land, and fixed dep. now, my questions are:

will i be seen to have enough ties in Nigeria?
How much do i need to have in my acc to satisfy VO? seeing as i have most of my dough in my fixed dep. do i need to present that as well?
how do i 'prove' i am actually going there for tourism?

many thanks

You have quite a whole lot going for you there......

You have been to the Caribbean Island, Asia, Europe/Shengen.

You quite have an extensive travel history right there.......

First and foremost, the VO will try to nail you from that angle asking:

1. What has been your purpose for past travels as indicated on your passport page?

2. What is your job specification and what are your duties?

3. Do you have families resident outside Nigeria and if Yes, what is their status?

4. How much is your income and show your bank statements..?

5. What are your activities or what do you have back home that can make you return, ''if'' granted visa...?

6. Take note, all your past travel histories has no meaning at the US Embassy as you are still viewed as a potential immigrant...

Your reply to these questions and your confidence in the first 1.5mins before the VO, will decide your fate....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tiebe: 2:53pm On Feb 14, 2013
tzetzefly:

You have quite a whole lot going for you there......

You have been to the Caribbean Island, Asia, Europe/Shengen.

You quite have an extensive travel history right there.......

First and foremost, the VO will try to nail you from that angle asking:

1. What has been your purpose for past travels as indicated on your passport page?

2. What is your job specification and what are your duties?

3. Do you have families resident outside Nigeria and if Yes, what is their status?

4. How much is your income and show your bank statements..?

5. What are your activities or what do you have back home that can make you return, ''if'' granted visa...?

6. Take note, all your past travel histories has no meaning at the US Embassy as you are still viewed as a potential immigrant...

Your reply to these questions and your confidence in the first 1.5mins before the VO, will decide your fate....

chai. see questions o. how i wan take show am say i go come back? make i go de swear 'oath of return'? shior. The fact that i'm not married nko? anyways, I guess i should just cross my fingers and go for it. anyhow wey e wan b, make e b like dat. will start the process soon sha. i never even schedule appointment.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ritze(m): 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2013
[quote author=ritze]

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by TheEnforcer: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
ti-ebe:

chai. see questions o. how i wan take show am say i go come back? make i go de swear 'oath of return'? shior. The fact that i'm not married nko? anyways, I guess i should just cross my fingers and go for it. anyhow wey e wan b, make e b like dat. will start the process soon sha. i never even schedule appointment.
There are no hard and fast rules.Single persons have been issued with visas previously,while married persons,with very high profiles have been denied as well.The key is,appear calm,answer the questions honestly.Dont be too elaborate,and dont appear desperate for a visa.Just appear with the attitude that "EVEN IF YOU DONT GIVE ME THE VISA,I WILL BE JUST FINE".thats the kind of attitude the vo expects to see.Thats the difference between a denial or visa issuance.The consular officers are usually pressed for time,and seldom have the time to peruse through documents.So,its crucial that you portray a good body language and also try not to appear nervous,thats about it.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
ti-ebe:

I think we are in the same situation. I will be applying next week for mine. Going to California.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by tee2faith: 7:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hi all,
Please i have a US Visa appointment scheduled for next week and i logged on to print my confirmation page this afternoon only to see this information on my page "PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED"
Please does anyone know the meaning or what might have caused it. its really strange and this is the first time and seeing it.
Please help.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Waleabimbola(m): 12:06am On Feb 16, 2013
tee2faith: Hi all,
Please i have a US Visa appointment scheduled for next week and i logged on to print my confirmation page this afternoon only to see this information on my page "PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
Please does anyone know the meaning or what might have caused it. its really strange and this is the first time and seeing it.
Please help.

It doesnt have any negative implication on your application..I have had that experience before and I printed it that way bro..not to worry
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 1:47am On Feb 16, 2013
Pls advice me. My cousin send me an American invitation letter with her bio-data copy of his ID. Pls what other documents would I need to add to it, or what is the next steps for me to take? I only have a virgin Int'l passport that I registered this year and am 20years of age.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 4:39am On Feb 16, 2013
Isjaymoh: Pls advice me. My cousin send me an American invitation letter with her bio-data copy of his ID. Pls what other documents would I need to add to it, or what is the next steps for me to take? I only have a virgin Int'l passport that I registered this year and am 20years of age.
Visit www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: Usa Visit Visa by galala123(m): 8:06am On Feb 16, 2013
tee2faith: Hi all,
Please help.

I had the same problem. I called them and was asked to e-mail a soft copy of my current receipt of payment as it was showing my old receipt and #23,100 paid instead of #26,400.
They escalated the issue without positive feedback and eventually when I called again, they said I should proceed for my interview and if I have problem getting in, I should call them from the gate. I got in without issues.
You may wish to log in the error in your application dashboard under 'send feedback'
Re: Usa Visit Visa by galala123(m): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2013
opsy4real1: I have a registered business name with corporate affairs commision but 2 months old...the nature of biz is food production of processing..now i want to visit the usa by april. Do i apply as a tourist or business thru conference? How do i go about it cos i applied for tourist visa last september but was refused but then i applied as an employee at a company but now am applyin as d managin director of my coy. Thx

With US visa, you never know, but when I was there for interview last month some peeps were not given on the ground that their business is still too new. The VO said something like, grow your business, get more years experience in your business and get it deeply rooted then come back. Coz they may ask you "and how long have you been in this line of business?" (If your answer is 2 months, it may not sound too well oh)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 11:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
suxes2005: Hi all,

Each time anyone calls me either from NL or
from referral and I tell them to try the United States
they think its the hardest visa to get in life but this
is not true.

I will like anyone interested in going to usa as a visitor
to state his or her interest here so that i can show you
the way to go about it right here, we will all see the
result of the application here.

DEAR SUXES, PLS ADVICE, I WORK WITH A PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY, MY MD PROMISED TO PROVIDE THE COMPANY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR ME IF I WISH TO SEEK FOR USA VISITOR VISA, I HAVE VIRGIN PASSPORT, HAD LIKE 950K IN MY ACCOUNT, MY SALARY IS NOT BANK REMITTANCE,UNMARRIED.HOW WOULD I GO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN OR TO SECURE THE USA VISA?

I just helped a friend of my pastor to secure his through
searching for pastor's conference for him,

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=vozkini][/quote]

MEANWHILE, I HAVE A FRIEND THAT PROMISED ME AN INVITATION LETTER AS WELL. BUT DECLINE TO PROVIDE HIS FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FOR ME. THAT I SHOULD SOURCE FOR DOCUMENTS BUT HE WILL PROVIDE INVITATION LETTER. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=vozkini][/quote]

DEAR SUXES, PLS ADVICE, I WORK WITH A PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY, MY MD PROMISED TO PROVIDE THE COMPANY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT FOR ME IF I WISH TO SEEK FOR USA VISITOR VISA, I HAVE VIRGIN PASSPORT, HAD LIKE 950K IN MY ACCOUNT, MY SALARY IS NOT BANK REMITTANCE,UNMARRIED.HOW WOULD I GO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN OR TO SECURE THE USA VISA?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
MEANWHILE, I HAVE A FRIEND THAT PROMISED ME AN INVITATION LETTER AS WELL. BUT DECLINE TO PROVIDE HIS FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS FOR ME. THAT I SHOULD SOURCE FOR DOCUMENTS BUT HE WILL PROVIDE INVITATION LETTER. HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 6:13am On Feb 17, 2013
thank u galala... I still need more light and advice how i should go abt it. Maybe i shuld apply as for easter holiday.
galala123:

With US visa, you never know, but when I was there for interview last month some peeps were not given on the ground that their business is still too new. The VO said something like, grow your business, get more years experience in your business and get it deeply rooted then come back. Coz they may ask you "and how long have you been in this line of business?" (If your answer is 2 months, it may not sound too well oh)
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Natra: 10:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
The most important thing about getting a USA Visa is about saying the truth, have all required documentation that shows that you can pay yourself through and that you have a tie back here in Nigeria. On the day of your interview show confidence and be friendly. Approach the VO with a smile and a warm greeting, ensure you answer all questions posed correctly and precisely. Any question you are not sure of ensure you let the VO know that you are not sure of it. Don't try to give more explanation etc. Remember that the VO would be working on you Psyche at this time, as he/she bias no time. Am renewing my visa in a few weeks and I wish all of us the best.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayoolaade: 12:54am On Feb 18, 2013
Hi House

Please i have 1 quick question.

Met this travel agent through a family friend and he packaged all the necessary document for Me and my wifey, We went for an interview (US EMBASSY ABUJA) but the application was refused.

We want to re-apply again, doe i still remember all the info the agent fill in for us, but i cant remember what he fill in as my occupation and my wifey.

I have my own Company now and my wifey working with a law firm now.

On the US application form, we need to fill in previous occupation but we cant remember what the Agent guy fill in then,

Can we just ignore the previous occupation section and put our real occupation, do you think this will not be a problem, maybe it will be ask where we both work before on the interview day.

Please help needed ASAP
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:59am On Feb 18, 2013
ayoolaade: Hi House

Met this travel agent through a family friend and he packaged all the necessary document for Me and my wifey, We went for an interview (US EMBASSY ABUJA) but the application was refused.

We want to re-apply again, doe i still remember all the info the agent fill in for us, but i cant remember what he fill in as my occupation and my wifey.

On the US application form, we need to fill in previous occupation but we cant remember what the Agent guy fill in then,

Can we just ignore the previous occupation section and put our real occupation, do you think this will not be a problem, maybe it will be ask where we both work before on the interview day.

Please help needed ASAP
Of course its gonna be a bog problem if you decide to change that info.You must contant the agent to get the info he supplied.Its not always advisable to let someone fill a visa application(DS 160 FORM) on your behalf.And,even if that was the case,you have to supply the info yourself.if the Consular officer discovers a disparity between your previous application and the next,you would be termed a dishonest person ,and trust me you arent gonna get the visa under such circumstances.So.you cannot afford to ignore the previous occupation section.You wont even be able to submit the form if you dont fill in all the fields.But,if you are not able to locate the agent,you could tell the CO an agent filled the previous application on your behalf and you are not sure of the info he supplied.But you know that is a ptential banana peel,because,as a suppossedly lettered person,he expects you to supply something as crucial as visa application info,even if an agent was gonna help you in the process

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2013
ayoolaade: Hi House

Please help needed ASAP

hmm, please enter the right information in the provision for the previous occupation, and if i may ask, what is the reason given for that refusal?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
hi fastlink, am here again...i was da one who was adviced how to do it regads marital status in my last appearance at u.s embassy in sept 2012 but did it my own way. I was denied last sept on d ground that i had no compelling ties to return to nigeria at da end of my planned tour even though I was an employee at a company but i claimed 'engaged' in my marital status though i was adviced b4 goin for interview to claim 'married'. Now i have anoda appointment wit d u.s embasy by march 6 to apply to spend my easter holiday in u.s.. Now here are ways my circumstance have changed: 1) In my previous application, i was an employee as a finance officer but now i av a business duly registered wit corporate affair commision and my new position as the managing director.
2) I had one travel history(malaysia) as at my last application but now i have 2 additional travel history(dubai and south africa)
3) in my marital status, i claimed to be 'engaged' but now i'l claim to be 'married' though am unmarried yet but i remember i told d visa officer that interviewd me that i was nt married but gettin married by jan 2013. I do hope now i stand a bright chance. Thank u and i wait to read ur opinion
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pls kindly help me out. I'm a student and am applying for US visit visa, is my aunt that wanna send me an invitation letter, and is it possible for her to be my sponsorer?. And is it compulsory for me to add Tax clearance certificate to my document as a student?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 3:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Isjaymoh: Pls kindly help me out. I'm a student and am applying for US visit visa, is my aunt that wanna send me an invitation letter, and is it possible for her to be my sponsorer?. And is it compulsory for me to add Tax clearance certificate to my document as a student?
of course she can sponsor you,and no you dont need the tax clearance certificate
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
opsy4real1: hi fastlink, am here again...i was da one who was adviced how to do it regads marital status in my last appearance at u.s embassy in sept 2012 but did it my own way. I was denied last sept on d ground that i had no compelling ties to return to nigeria at da end of my planned tour even though I was an employee at a company but i claimed 'engaged' in my marital status though i was adviced b4 goin for interview to claim 'married'. Now i have anoda appointment wit d u.s embasy by march 6 to apply to spend my easter holiday in u.s.. Now here are ways my circumstance have changed: 1) In my previous application, i was an employee as a finance officer but now i av a business duly registered wit corporate affair commision and my new position as the managing director.
2) I had one travel history(malaysia) as at my last application but now i have 2 additional travel history(dubai and south africa)
3) in my marital status, i claimed to be 'engaged' but now i'l claim to be 'married' though am unmarried yet but i remember i told d visa officer that interviewd me that i was nt married but gettin married by jan 2013. I do hope now i stand a bright chance. Thank u and i wait to read ur opinion

Hi, if it is because you told the VO that you'd be getting married by January, no problem, some times, things don't really go the way we planned it, hence that shouldn't be a problem at all, however, you are not likely gonna be interviewed by the same person.

on your chances, what was the reason for the refusal, has the situation improved?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Isjaymoh(m): 5:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
Gbenge 77: of course she can sponsor you,and no you dont need the tax clearance certificate

I hope i won't need bank statement since am not the one sponsoring myself, or would i still need it?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
@ fastlink, this was how my previous interview went and u can adjudicate it .
opsy4real1: Hi Nairalanders, this is a quick note to thank u all for ur numerous advice towards securing u.s visa succesfully even though i attended my interview today and was refused visa.
The consular officer asked da following questions:
Q: why are u going to the u.s.a
A: i'm going for pleasure, tourism and sightseeing.
Q:Where are you going in the U.S?
A: i answered
Q: have u travelled outside Nigeria b4?
A: Yes I've been to .....
Q: where do u work?
A: Bleep Nigeria Ltd
Q:whats ur position in da company?
A: Finance officer
Q: are u married?
A: am nt yet married but am engaged and soon to get married.

V.O:Am sorry u do not meet the requirements for the visa.
That was how it went.
*so what can u all say to that and ur opinions? Thank u
Re: Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
In my own way of thinking i suppose am considerably improved. Now I'm self employed against my previous application as at when i was an employee. .secondly my travel history now has improved to 3 countries against 1 travel history as at my previous application and thirdly my marital status i'l now change to married against the engaged that i filled for in my previous application. quote author=FAST-LINK]

Hi, if it is because you told the VO that you'd be getting married by January, no problem, some times, things don't really go the way we planned it, hence that shouldn't be a problem at all, however, you are not likely gonna be interviewed by the same person.

on your chances, what was the reason for the refusal, has the situation improved?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.