Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,937 members, 7,942,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 08:21 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1070429 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 6:30am On Mar 19, 2013
grafikii: Hi everyone, I have got an interview for a visit visa in a month, I am married with 2 kids, I earn 260k in my dad's company as marketing manager. I am to represent family at my uncle's wedding and to speak on behalf of the family as he has no relatives in the us and my dad is too busy. I intend to spend 5days. I have got a letter of invitation from my uncle and his inlaws

My documents
Letter of invitation
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Bank statement
Family and wedding pictures
Certificate of incorporation (1997)
Company way bills and invoice
Introduction letter from my company.

Note: I don't have any travel experience

How bright is my chance and am I missing anything out.

PLEASE RESPOND
You would need to demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria.Having said that ,you are still in with a good chance.Note,one could attend an interview with a shipload of documents and still get denied.Docs can only go so far.Crucially, your answers determine whether you get a visa or not,so it is absolutely vital,that you mantain a calm demeanour during the interview and do not stutter.And,The fact that you intend to stay for just five days puts you in with some chance,as CO'S tend to view that favourably.Are you married?

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:22am On Mar 19, 2013
ANYONE GOING FOR AN INTERVIEW SHOULD CONSIDER THESE: Positive Factors: You are above the age of 60 years.
You have a house in Nigeria
You have travelled to other countries before

NEGATIVE FACTORS:
You are aged between 15 and 30 years
You are not married
You are a widow or widower.You do not make good money
You do not file an income Tax return
You frequently visit certain countries
Someone has filed an immigration petition for you
You previously lost your passport
You have a communicable disease
You are involved in any court cases
You have been sentenced for some crime previously
You have past due alimonyfor wife and kids
Someone did give any negative info about you to the US consulate

Now,those with negative factors do have their work cut out, convincing the US consulate that they are genuine visitors unless they they compensate for them in some other areas
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 7:38am On Mar 19, 2013
Gbenge 77: You would need to demonstrate strong ties to Nigeria.Having said that ,you are still in with a good chance.Note,one could attend an interview with a shipload of documents and still get denied.Docs can only go so far.Crucially, your answers determine whether you get a visa or not,so it is absolutely vital,that you mantain a calm demeanour during the interview and do not stutter.And,The fact that you intend to stay for just five days puts you in with some chance,as CO'S tend to view that favourably.Are you married?
Yes I am married with 2 kids
Re: Usa Visit Visa by batuta: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2013
sndrmrtns:

Any changes now with your previous DS form.?

yes i ve traveled to dubai and ghana
Re: Usa Visit Visa by christianmarks: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
please if school is to resume by July, can you go to the embassy by April?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
christianmarks: please if school is to resume by July, can you go to the embassy by April?
go to the embassy to do what? if it's for appointment, yes you can!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
grafikii: Hi everyone, I have got an interview for a visit visa in a month, I am married with 2 kids, I earn 260k in my dad's company as marketing manager. I am to represent family at my uncle's wedding and to speak on behalf of the family as he has no relatives in the us and my dad is too busy. I intend to spend 5days. I have got a letter of invitation from my uncle and his inlaws

My documents
Letter of invitation
Wedding invitation card
Marriage certificate
Bank statement
Family and wedding pictures
Certificate of incorporation (1997)
Company way bills and invoice
Introduction letter from my company.

Note: I don't have any travel experience

How bright is my chance and am I missing anything out.

PLEASE RESPOND
you have good chance and don't depend so much on those documents, what is your position in your dad's company?
the most important information is what you put in your application form.it shall be first looked into before any question would be asked you and that also dictates the tune of the questions
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 2:50am On Mar 20, 2013
I got my visa yesterday. grin

This is how my interview went:

Me: Goodmorning
Consular: Hi, can I have your application?
(I hand over passport, appointment and DS 160 confirmation)
Consular: (typing away on his system) What is the purpose of your trip?
Me: I'm going on vacation
Consular: Where in the US are you going to?
Me: California
Consular: Where in Carlifornia?
Me: (mentioned city)
Consular: How long would you be staying?
Me: 25 days
Consular: Where do you work?
Me: (told him)
Consular: What do you do at your company?
Me: (Told him)
Consular: How much do you earn monthly?
Consular: Have you travelled before nd where?
Me: Yes, to the UAE
Consular: For what?
Me: Vacation last December
Consular: Are you married
Me: NO (in a bold tone)
Consular: Do you plan to do any business in the US during your visit?
Me: NO (in a bolder tone)
(Consular keeps typing and hands over slip to me showing the pickup address for my visa).
Thatz all! grin

None of my documents were checked. I ensured all my answers were precise and exactly as I had filled it in the DS 160 online. My interview lasted for about 2mins in all. Despite the fact that I'm 26, single, with no other ties to Nigeria asides my job, I still got it. Truth is, travel experience, composure, consistency in answers and profile of your employer are good enablers. And most importantly, the oga patapata at the topmost layer! grin

Thanks Gbenge77 and other forumites that responded to my questions and for your contribution to this great forum.

6 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by nkutet: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Hi,
Pls how much do u earn monthly, how much is ur statement of account, how long have u being working in the company, how much do u earn monthly, so i can way my chances

Thanks
Superbrain: I got my visa yesterday. grin

(Consular keeps typing and hands over slip to me showing the pickup address for my visa).
Thatz all! grin

None of my documents were checked. I ensured all my answers were precise and exactly as I had filled it in the DS 160 online. My interview lasted for about 2mins in all. Despite the fact that I'm 26, single, with no other ties to Nigeria asides my job, I still got it. Truth is, travel experience, composure, consistency in answers and profile of your employer are good enablers. And most importantly, the oga patapata at the topmost layer! grin

Thanks Gbenge77 and other forumites that responded to my questions and for your contribution to this great forum.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:50am On Mar 20, 2013

Thatz all! grin

Fantastic!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2013
FAST-LINK:

you have good chance and don't depend so much on those documents, what is your position in your dad's company?
the most important information is what you put in your application form.it shall be first looked into before any question would be asked you and that also dictates the tune of the questions
Thanks I am the production manager
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2013
grafikii:
Yes I am married with 2 kids
The odds are in your favour,considering your situation.Just ensure that you are calm during the interview.Maintain a positive body language,and hope for the very best.X
Re: Usa Visit Visa by grafikii: 8:48am On Mar 20, 2013
Gbenge 77: The odds are in your favour,considering your situation.Just ensure that you are calm during the interview.Maintain a positive body language,and hope for the very best.X
Thanks so much
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dapsy4u2(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Gbenge 77: No,travel experience is not a must to get a visa.Loads of people did get their visa with a virgin passport.Convince the CO that you are a "GENUINE" visitor and you will get the visa.Not as easy as it sounds though.You need to respond to the questions in such a manner that you do not leave shades of doubt in the mind of the CO.Read the previous pages for tips on how to approach a tourist visa interview.But most importantly,like I always advice,do not appear desperate for a visa.Thats the crux of the matter

Thank you Gbenga 77. I am very optimistic about the process.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2013
Did you use hotel reservation or someone invited you?

Thatz all! grin

Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
vozkini: Did you use hotel reservation or someone invited you?

I used an invitation though I was not asked to present the letter. I just filled it in my DS 160 online.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
grafikii:
Thanks I am the production manager
that's ok, another one is what your company produces and how profitable it is.

There's no two ways about it, prepare well. state and describe your position and duties resp, very well in the ds160.
Good luck!

@superbrain,
Congrats!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2013
FAST-LINK:
that's ok, another one is what your company produces and how profitable it is.

There's no two ways about it, prepare well. state and describe your position and duties resp, very well in the ds160.
Good luck!

@superbrain,
Congrats!

Thanks bro.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tiebe: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
ti-ebe:
My good people! i'm planning to visit the U.S as a tourist in july. I dont want to have to go as a family visitor. the only relative close enough to invite me is even a distant relative. I've been to holland, uk as family visitor and dubai and Barbados as tourist. I'm a single gal, work in an oil firm, have land, and fixed dep. now, my questions are:

will i be seen to have enough ties in Nigeria?
How much do i need to have in my acc to satisfy VO? seeing as i have most of my dough in my fixed dep. do i need to present that as well?
how do i 'prove' i am actually going there for tourism?

many thanks

Thanks pple. eventually got d visa.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
ti-ebe:

Congrats ti-ebe. Can you please share your interview experience?

Where in the US are you visiting?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kaysie83: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
I swear to God Superbrain its like we were interviewed by the same person. Went for my interview today, I was asked the same questions except for the business part. The Consular asked whether I will seek medical treatment and I said No. Got my visa in 2 mins.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 9:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
kaysie83:
I swear to God Superbrain its like we were interviewed by the same person. Went for my interview today, I was asked the same questions except for the business part. The Consular asked whether I will seek medical treatment and I said No. Got my visa in 2 mins.

Yay! Congrats. When are you leaving?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
ti-ebe:

That's nice to know, enjoy your vacation.....
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2013
Superbrain:

Thanks bro.

I hope u go show back?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tiebe: 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
Superbrain:

Congrats ti-ebe. Can you please share your interview experience?

Where in the US are you visiting?

well, i dnt have a line by line report of the interview o. but i was asked how many countries I'd visited? are all your family abroad? (i say mba o) and er . . . was also asked about what i did for a living. purpose of visit? I said i was going to look around a bit and also hoped to attend a course while i'm there. dem no look paper o. and i dnt think I saw anybody's documents being inspected sef. I'm going to Denver and Dallas.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
ferdimako:

I hope u go show back?

Definitely. I too like my job... grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Superbrain(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
ti-ebe:

well, i dnt have a line by line report of the interview o. but i was asked how many countries I'd visited? are all your family abroad? (i say mba o) and er . . . was also asked about what i did for a living. purpose of visit? I said i was going to look around a bit and also hoped to attend a course while i'm there. dem no look paper o. and i dnt think I saw anybody's documents being inspected sef. I'm going to Denver and Dallas.

Cool. Would be in California, though I might visit other states.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Superbrain:

Definitely. I too like my job... grin

Okay.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by shiba0147: 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hello my fellow nairaland pls I have an interview nest week in u.s embassy abuja.I am a currently working,I am married with two kids,I earn 150k monthly,I am going for my sisters graduation, she sent an invitation letter from her school to show prove of her graduation and all the necessary document.Is it good for her to be sposoring my trip or myself because I have up to savings account of 1.2m in account,so is it a red flag for me to say in the interview that she is sponsoring my trip,thanks all and I need an urgent answer pls
Re: Usa Visit Visa by tzetzefly(m): 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
shiba0147: Hello my fellow nairaland pls I have an interview nest week in u.s embassy abuja.I am a currently working,I am married with two kids,I earn 150k monthly,I am going for my sisters graduation, she sent an invitation letter from her school to show prove of her graduation and all the necessary document.Is it good for her to be sposoring my trip or myself because I have up to savings account of 1.2m in account,so is it a red flag for me to say in the interview that she is sponsoring my trip,thanks all and I need an urgent answer pls

From all indication, you work and earn income this is a good start. You also have social tie to the country in form of marriage and two(2) kids a good sign as well.

All you now need to do is provide your previous travel history if any, to be favourably seen in the best light by the CO.

Meanwhile, your job duties and job specifications are a necessity to satisfy the CO. Make sure you're well prepared in this area.

Furthermore, your sister cannot sponsor you as you are an adult and should be able to cater for yourself without soliciting for funds from relatives.

Your 1.2m should serve you just fine. Endeavour to prioritise your budget.

All the best.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (323)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.