Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,666 members, 7,885,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1065994 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hello House! Today we hard our interview, but it wasn't successful. i was denied visa me and my wife.

VO: Can i have your application and passport
Me: Handed it to him
VO: Have you been denied US visa before
Me: Yes
VO: where
Me: iN Belgrade (Serbia)
Vo: What where u doing in Serbia
Me: Was studying there
VO: What did you study there
Me: Computer Science And Engineering
VO: How long did you stay in Serbia
Me: Two Years
VO: What Certificate where u given
Me: Diploma
VO: Which country have u visited
Me: I name them, 10 countries
VO: What do you do?
Me: I deal on Electronics
Vo: Where did you buy them
Me: From United Kingdom
VO: but there is no UK visa on your passport
Me: I have not been to UK, i order from the company that supply me
VO: How do you pay them
Me: Via wire transfer
VO: Turn to my wife now grin "Have you travel before"
MY WIFE: yes, Germany, Ghana, Dubai, and New Zealand
VO: You mean New Zealand? Where did you visit in New Zealand?
My Wife: She Couldn't answer, her mount was lipsrsealed grin
VO: ask her again, and started typing
Mywife: Her mount was sealed, she has no idea
VO: How long did you stay in New Zealand?
Mywife: She couldn't anaswer, and she later said 2005 grin
Vo: Who did you visit in New Zealand
Mywife: My sister
VO: How did she go to New Zealand
Mywife: through her husband
VO: Where did you work
Mywife: Alaba in't market lagos
VO: How long have you been married?
Mywife: One year
VO: Have you lost a passport before
Mywife: Yes
Mywife: On transit in Ghana
VO: How did it happen
Mywife: On my way to the airport we where attack by arm robbers
VO: where were you transiting to?
Mywife: From Nigeria to Ghana grin
VO: Have you travel to wit your husband before?
Mywife: Yes! we travel together to Dubai
VO: how many days youy want to spend in US?
Mywife: 6DAY
VO: TO ME NOW, What is your highest level of Education
Me: BSc
VO: But you said you have diploma,
Me: No i mean post graduate diploma
VO: ok
VO: what model of computer you buy from UK
Me: I was confused, and i said HP, TOSHIBA, DELL 2012 mODEL grin
vo: He took out finger printer, me & my wife
VO: Sorry look for else where for Vacation.

He knew that we lied about our application!!!, and i am really scared if we have been barred from getting a US visa!!!

The VO ask my wife if she has travel before and my wife told him yes, and the VO ask where she visited in New Zealand, and my wife couldn't answer, and my wife failed to answer so many question, which gave the VO negative though about what we fill on the application form, and doubts us.

My question is, how would one know if he/she has been barred for getting a US VISA? especially when the VO notice that you lied during the interview? Please i need advice because the VO KNEW that we both LIED during the interview, does that mean me and my wife has been barred for US visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kunlebal(m): 9:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
[[b]/b]Hello house, I would like to attend a conference on my field of work(Accounting) around December this year.
I worked in an automotive company as an account officer with monthly salary of #120K, please how can I go about it.
These are the documents that I have with me know:
Appointment Letter and Confirmation Letter
Staff I'd card,
Direct Assessment Card,
Pension Statement
Statement close to 1M
NOTE:
I have not travel out of Nigeria before and am single too
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
@ ulst they're well trained to see/hear changes in ur body language and answers. So from the beginning, when you were denied in Serbia were there any discrepancies in ur application then? Any white lies that seemed small but are important? How long ago was that denial?
It does look odd to import goods from the UK and never been there. So that drew his attention as well as the previous US visa denial.
For your wife's trips, how many were real and how many were not? They can't verify other countries' visas but I bet they recognize false claims or stamps.
The statement by your wife that she lost her passport while on "transit" through Ghana is not clear. If she was visiting Ghana and lost her pp then she should have said so. In transit suggests travelling from 1 country to another and then you make a brief stop in a 3rd country. Eg travelling to the U.S. on Alitalia and then you transit through Rome for a few hours.
I'm sorry you were denied but your answers were not the best responses you could have given. A PGD is defintely higher than a BSc, unfortunately you said that wrong. You had too many unsatisfactory answers.
My advice, give it 4-6mths before reapplying, be sure about the information you put on your application and give the same answers you've provided when asked. Try and make a couple's vacation to Europe first and then give it another shot.
You may not be barred from the U.S but pls clarify what is truth and what is not. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2013
@ full house! i really need ur candid advice here. just wise at all.

whats the best way to go for a married man with kids seeking usa visa. isit going to the usa alone or going with the wife will booast the chances of securing tourist visa to usa becasue i learnt that they do normally queried why u are not going on vacation with your wife. and when u replied with excuse. they dont normally take it. please advice

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2013
DONT worry u were not barred ok...always think positive....if u were barred u would have been told so...a lot of people glie all the time and they know it that doesn't mean they are banned.dont worry u r safe and try not to lie again
uist: Hello House! Today we hard our interview, but it wasn't successful. i was denied visa me and my wife.

He knew that we lied about our application!!!, and i am really scared if we have been barred from getting a US visa!!!

The VO ask my wife if she has travel before and my wife told him yes, and the VO ask where she visited in New Zealand, and my wife couldn't answer, and my wife failed to answer so many question, which gave the VO negative though about what we fill on the application form, and doubts us.

My question is, how would one know if he/she has been barred for getting a US VISA? especially when the VO notice that you lied during the interview? Please i need advice because the VO KNEW that we both LIED during the interview, does that mean me and my wife has been barred for US visa?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
]
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
if u can afford to take ur wife then take her...but that doesn't mean u will be denied if single....it doesn't matter cos everybody has his or her own reasons why travelling alone...don't be scared just go alone if that's what u want ....it all depends on God.quote author=vozkini]@ full house! i really need ur candid advice here. just wise at all.

whats the best way to go for a married man with kids seeking usa visa. isit going to the usa alone or going with the wife will booast the chances of securing tourist visa to usa becasue i learnt that they do normally queried why u are not going on vacation with your wife. and when u replied with excuse. they dont normally take it. please advice[/quote
vozkini: @ full house! i really need ur candid advice here. just wise at all.

whats the best way to go for a married man with kids seeking usa visa. isit going to the usa alone or going with the wife will booast the chances of securing tourist visa to usa becasue i learnt that they do normally queried why u are not going on vacation with your wife. and when u replied with excuse. they dont normally take it. please advice
Re: Usa Visit Visa by uist: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thank you my brother for your advice ad word of encouragement
dream23: DONT worry u were not barred ok...always think positive....if u were barred u would have been told so...a lot of people glie all the time and they know it that doesn't mean they are banned.dont worry u r safe and try not to lie again
Re: Usa Visit Visa by israel007: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
uist: Hello House! Today we hard our interview, but it wasn't successful. i was denied visa me and my wife.

Man you guys are funny! Those lies were very unnecessary
Re: Usa Visit Visa by worry359(m): 5:58am On Aug 28, 2013
[size=14pt]You do not need to wast space by "quoting" the whole of long posts just to make a silly comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by vozkini(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2013
thanks dream23, i am capable of sponsoring her as well. just that i thought that its preferable for one to embark on a vacation with wife even with the absent of the kids. than one travelling alone without the kids or wife. from my observation here. most of the people that were asked why aRe they not going with their wife all responded yet they were not issued visa. i need more contribution on these. i appreciate it

dream23: if u can afford to take ur wife then take her...but that doesn't mean u will be denied if single....it doesn't matter cos everybody has his or her own reasons why travelling alone...don't be scared just go alone if that's what u want ....it all depends on God.quote author=vozkini]@ full house! i really need ur candid advice here. just wise at all.

whats the best way to go for a married man with kids seeking usa visa. isit going to the usa alone or going with the wife will booast the chances of securing tourist visa to usa becasue i learnt that they do normally queried why u are not going on vacation with your wife. and when u replied with excuse. they dont normally take it. please advice[/quote
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maxiserve(m): 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
Good day all.............. I have been moved by peoples experience and success stories i must say you guys are doing a great job in here.

Please house I need your advice and direction, my in law is about to send me an invitation to the US cos my sister has not gotten the permit to invite. I want to visit the us for December and spend like Two (2) weeks. I presently work with an Insurance Brokers in lagos, my monthly salary is 150k and i got close to 2M in my account, i have a virgin passport, am 28 years and single buh I have a fiancee. Please house what are chances and what else do I need to have.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by olukemiyemi: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
My husband and I went for our visa interview yesterday, it was successful and i thought to share our experience. I gained a lot from reading people's contributions.

VOsadTook her time to read stuff on her screen after we got to her)Am sorry. Why do you want to travel to the US
My hubby: We're taking time off work to rest
VO: Where are you visiting
Hubby: Maryland (we gave detailed address)
VO: How long are you staying for
Hubby: Max 7-10 days because we can't be away for too long
VO: Where do you work?
Hubby:Told her
VO: What do you do at work
Hubby: (he explained while she kept reading stuff from her screen)
VO: (she asked my hubby to give me the receiver and asked) Where do you work and what do you do?
Me: (told her and explained my role at work)
VO: What is your monthly take home?
Me: (told her)
VO: Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Singapore, Ghana,UAE, Astralia, I am also traveling to Brazil for work next week
(She looked through my passport, typed for a while and asked my husband if he has travelled outside Nigeria)
hubby: Yes. Belguim, Uk, France, Ghana
VO: when?
Hubby: (told her) for my MBA and work.
VO: how long?
Hubby: over 3 years
VO: (she looked through his passport) when did you get married and for how long?
hubby: told her
VO: do you have kids.
hubby: yes. 1
VO: how old? who will take care of him while you travel?
Me: my mum

She typed for a while, smiled at us, put our passports together and asked us to pick up our visa on friday.

Am really glad it went well.

Wish everybody looking apply the best.

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ maxiserve they may ask your relationship with the man, if you say your sister's husband, then you may be asked "what is your sister's status, why isn't she the one inviting yo"u, what do you say? If she overstayed a tourist visa, they may assume you want to do the same and deny you.
I'd advice you to find another friend/relative to be your host, that way you don't get boxed into a corner.
Housee, ideas please?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gokawalker: 1:28am On Aug 29, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,My name is Tunde,I have 2 different Country passports [Nigeria and Ghana passports] with 2 different surnames [The Nigeria Passport bear my Mom's surname and the Ghana passport bears my Dad's surname] because My Mom is from Nigeria,while my Dad is from Ghana.i tried applying for a seminar Visa at U.S.A Embassy in june with the Nigeria Passport but i was denied and now my Dad wants me to go and do undergraduate studies in U.S.A with my Ghana passport because all my credentials and certificate are in my Ghana name,I want to know if it is Legal or illegal before i apply.And pls how do i go about it...Pls i need your advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by igbankebabe: 1:48am On Aug 29, 2013
blawi1: @ maxiserve they may ask your relationship with the man, if you say your sister's husband, then you may be asked "what is your sister's status, why isn't she the one inviting yo"u, what do you say? If she overstayed a tourist visa, they may assume you want to do the same and deny you.
I'd advice you to find another friend/relative to be your host, that way you don't get boxed into a corner.
Housee, ideas please?

@blawi1, what if he doesn't mention his sister at all? So she's out of the picture? Assuming she has overstayed her visa, I'm assuming grin grin grin that is usually the case....

His brother in-law can invite him...and he could say he doesn't have any other relative.. If they ask about his sister, he can say she visited and has left, or what do you think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 9:55am On Aug 29, 2013
listen attentively,Thanks to the almighty God above and his mercies he always shows me I have never been denied a visa...I know what am talking about.i went single yet I was issued.its all about honesty and faith.like I said earlier,maybe your wife is doing business and cant go,or u just need a simple guys alone time its very normal.dont compare yourself to people who were denied because they went alone...do u know what they said or lied about?wife or no wife just go it doesn't make a difference
vozkini: thanks dream23, i am capable of sponsoring her as well. just that i thought that its preferable for one to embark on a vacation with wife even with the absent of the kids. than one travelling alone without the kids or wife. from my observation here. most of the people that were asked why aRe they not going with their wife all responded yet they were not issued visa. i need more contribution on these. i appreciate it

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2013
to be honest with you,virgin passports are normally a negative but don't shiver yet....ur act bal is good and u have a good job but like I always say its all confidence and courage and most importantly Favour from God.
maxiserve:
Good day all.............. I have been moved by peoples experience and success stories i must say you guys are doing a great job in here.

Please house I need your advice and direction, my in law is about to send me an invitation to the US cos my sister has not gotten the permit to invite. I want to visit the us for December and spend like Two (2) weeks. I presently work with an Insurance Brokers in lagos, my monthly salary is 150k and i got close to 2M in my account, i have a virgin passport, am 28 years and single buh I have a fiancee. Please house what are chances and what else do I need to have.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2013
hmmm....u were finger printed and you are going to use another passport...to some extent its not illegal but u will be asked a lot of questions and u could be barred...just go with the same passport u applied for the seminar with cos I think that's safe.
Gokawalker: Dear Nairalanders,My name is Tunde,I have 2 different Country passports [Nigeria and Ghana passports] with 2 different surnames [The Nigeria Passport bear my Mom's surname and the Ghana passport bears my Dad's surname] because My Mom is from Nigeria,while my Dad is from Ghana.i tried applying for a seminar Visa at U.S.A Embassy in june with the Nigeria Passport but i was denied and now my Dad wants me to go and do undergraduate studies in U.S.A with my Ghana passport because all my credentials and certificate are in my Ghana name,I want to know if it is Legal or illegal before i apply.And pls how do i go about it...Pls i need your advice.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maxiserve(m): 11:54am On Aug 29, 2013
@ igbankebabe
@blawi1
@dream23............... Thanks for your responds. My in-law is a citizen buh the wife which is my sister just moved to the usa 2 years ago ( legal immigrant) and i know it will take like 5 years before she can send invitation to anyone.

Am thinking of going to Ghana and Tanzania next month before the interview hope the CO wount see it as just to disvirgin my passport.

I still need your advice guys.......................
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ maxiserve now that you've explained her status it's clearer now. A legal immigrant can invite anyone to come visit. So pls state u have a relative who is your sister and she emigrated to join her husband who is a citizen. It will be straight forward. We thought there was something to hide about her legal status. smiley

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
hello friends i my interview today on window 5, this is how it goes:
Vo: gudmorning with smile
Me: gudmorning with smile also and eye 4 eye contact
VO: where re u going in the united state?
Me: to attend a printing conference in chicago organise by GASC Inc.
VO: where do u work?
Me: i work at blabla......
VO:how is ur salary income ?
Me: 45k and i also earn for from some casual contracts.probably thats is the main reason am attending the conference for promotion be a printing cordinator to earn 120k
VO: is ur company sponsoring ur trip?
Me: no, a friend/family friend.
VO: ve travel out of the country b4
Me: yes, travel to ghana to visit aunty and family
VO: re u married?
Me yes with twin kids
VO: when do u married?
Me 7 of july, 2012.
VO: whao? Within a year u ve twin baby. Congrats.smile.
Me: thanks.
VO: sorry am not satisfy, may be next time.
And she return my passport to me.

Pls where ve i go wrong pls friends to knw my mistake because i wnt to reapply in december.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
hello friends i my interview today on window 5, this is how it goes:
Me: 45k and i also earn for from some casual contracts.probably thats is the main reason am attending the conference for promotion be a printing cordinator to earn 120k
Me yes with twin kids
Me 7 of july, 2012.

Pls where ve i go wrong pls friends to knw my mistake because i wnt to reapply in december.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dream23: 8:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
influential01: hello friends i my interview today on window 5, this is how it goes:
Me yes with twin kids
Me 7 of july, 2012.

you didn't go wrong anywhere.....its just that u had little travel experience and your friend is sponsoring you....am sorry but with dat your chances were really slim...try and sponsor yourself next time goodluck
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Folafad: 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2013
I think is your salary and not sponsor yourself and lastly you married last year and you want to travel this year and leave your twins.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by blawi1(f): 4:44am On Aug 30, 2013
@influential your monthly income does not pay for you and your wife's visa application fee, not to talk of paying for your airfare, you have a friend (who has no real commitment to to you) sponsoring you for a conference. Sounds too much like an effort to do your best to get a visa and not return.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by influential01: 8:17am On Aug 30, 2013
blawi1: @influential your monthly income does not pay for you and your wife's visa application fee, not to talk of paying for your airfare, you have a friend (who has no real commitment to to you) sponsoring you for a conference. Sounds too much like an effort to do your best to get a visa and not return.
am not traveling wth my wife.
A great thanks to u all, since two years ago am planing to raise money for an agent to secure the states visa for me. wen i discover this forum i learn alot and not to gve agent money for visa.
In what i learn in this forum i use it to asist to of my friends that works in good company to get visa wth their handy original document and they got visa. I jst wsh to ve experience that y i try it, am sure i ll be gving by my nxt appointment.
we only spend 30k each on visa appointment me and my friends.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pastor4real: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2013
@cori corde: Immigration doesn't stamp passport if u are traveling out of U.S & UK. They only stamp your passport if u are coming in to there country.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by maxiserve(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2013
maxiserve:

Am thinking of going to Ghana and Tanzania next month before the interview hope the CO wount see it as just to disvirgin my passport.

Re: Usa Visit Visa by AjanleKoko: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2013
maxiserve:

Why not try UK, since you've not gone anywhere before?
Since the UK is just documentation, the visa is relatively easier to get.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by maxiserve(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Why not try UK, since you've not gone anywhere before?
Since the UK is just documentation, the visa is relatively easier to get.

@AjanleKoko thank you............. am looking at the time frame, cus i want to visit by December.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by frakie: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
Good day my fellow naira Landers,
Have been in this forum quite long and I have been reading this thread for some time now. Can someone share light into this issue. A friend of mine wants to travel down to the united state with his family, he is a graduate and he has a very good job. His fiances got pregnant for him and the lady delivered safely. He wants to visit the state with both his daughter and his fiances, although they are not yet married legally, they are planning for their wedding, and the lady is a nurse (registered nurse). She is working in luth. The question is that: what kind of application can he made for the visa. What documents did he need to submit for a successful visa application? What and what can he use in convincing the visa officer in other for them to be granted a visa? Please a step by step guide answer to this question is most welcome. Please

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (323)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.