Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,749 members, 7,875,871 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

The President's Oath Of Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President's Oath Of Office (3857 Views)

Ali Modu-Sherrif Taking The Oath Of Office As PDP Chairman (Photos) / Section 181 Of Nigeria Constitution: Death Of Governor Before Oath Of Office / Iweala’s Latest Jobs Raise Concern Over Abuse Of Office And Conflict Of Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President's Oath Of Office by proxies(m): 2:42am On Feb 21, 2011
Oath of office

The Constitution of Nigeria specifies an oath of office for the President of the federation. The oath is administered by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria or the person for the time being appointed to exercise the functions of that office:

“ I do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President; and that I will devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of Nigeria. So help me God.

Has any of them met these?
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 21, 2011
who knows.
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by fstranger3(m): 3:17am On Feb 21, 2011
Who knows what?

Tpiah, what are you doing on NL on a Sunday evening? Shouldnt you be somewhere Nyanshing your husband?
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 21, 2011
why dont you tell me.

ibeere.
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by fstranger3(m): 3:27am On Feb 21, 2011
Are we still fighting?

Did I hurt you that bad?
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by Nobody: 3:40am On Feb 21, 2011
roll eye.

yes, you hurt me badly.

want to apologize?
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by fstranger3(m): 3:47am On Feb 21, 2011
tpiah!:

roll eye.

yes, you hurt me badly.

want to apologize?

If only you'd take responsibility for the ignoble role you played in escalating a conflict that had nothing to do with you in the first place
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by Nobody: 4:04am On Feb 21, 2011
what are you talking about.
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by fstranger3(m): 5:23am On Feb 21, 2011
forget about it then!
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2011
why should I.
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by fstranger3(m): 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2011
Look dude, The reason I attacked you was because you put your mouth into something that does not concern you.
Re: The President's Oath Of Office by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 21, 2011
you attacked me when exactly, and was the attack different from your other attacks at other times.

if you're referring to the jenifa thread which she opened for you, nothing spoil, i'll take you up on similar issues anytime- that doesnt faze me.

if you like go and dig up or manufacture photos of me as a foetus chewing garri, all na your own wahala.

on the offchance you attacked me somewhere else and i didnt notice, post a link and let me see if i should reply.

not to mention if someone posts any bad thing about tpiah, you'll be the loudest naysayer on that thread, but want to be sensitive when the spotlight's on you.

lebanese that you are angry.

(1) (Reply)

Fire At Accounts Department Of Lagos State Ministry Of The Environment. / Ojukwu Was Right Afterall / Freedom Of Information Act Is Not Applicable In Lagos –lagos State Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.