Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training (38038 Views)

Ten Crazy Purchases Messi Could Make With His Barcelona Wages / Lionel Messi's Monstrous €555 Million 3-Year Barcelona Contract / Lionel Messi Sent-off For The First Time In His Barcelona Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by IYANGBALI: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
No wonder I sawed him at Old Trafford this morning

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Temptee101(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
DirtyGold:
[s]Unceremonious exit isn't the way of true legends.
The statues, future honours and accolades from Barca are now in jeopardy...

Besides, it is not about how he feels but what his contract contains that will triumph eventually

What's tha business?
[/s]
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by IYANGBALI: 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2020
maggilove:
When is transfer window closing please? I'm tired of this Messi news everyday.
bad belle kee you there

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Awoo88: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
The guy in charge of barca is an absolute idiot!! Messi is pass his prime. Still very good though. So why embarrass your old self and the club by trying to hold to a player even if that player us messi

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Angelfrost(m): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2020
DirtyGold:
Unceremonious exit isn't the way of true legends.

Besides, it is not about how he feels but what his contract contains that will triumph eventually

What's tha business?

While I second the fact that Messi should have respected the terms of his contract, as any gentleman ought to, still it is within his right and choice to desire a transition...

Barcelona is clearly not prepared to go back to the quality Messi is used to, at least not anytime soon.

I believe a middle ground can be reached by both parties without all this media drama! It's a matter of renegotiating terms of contract dissolution. Trying to force an unhappy player to play on will backfire on them.

The main culprits here are Bartomeu and his gang of clueless and shortsighted individuals... Let Messi go, and allow Koeman get to work.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by uthlaw: 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dalil8:

What transfer? You mean all those speculations flying around? 700 million this, 200 million that. When no real offer have been tabled, just talks. Lmaoo cheesy

Never count your eggs before they hatch!!
grin
3world class player with €100m is not a small money,Barcelona are the one delaying his deal,a world star shouldn't stay in that team again when you are not ready to change your squad because they are Spanish player,he should leave the team for them!

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Dalil8: 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
uthlaw:
3world class player with €100m is not a small money,Barcelona are the one delaying his deal,a world star shouldn't stay in that team again when you are not ready to change your squad because they are Spanish player,he should leave the team for them!

Speculations, speculations and more speculations!

That's what it is.
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Odunolumide(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Messi wherever you go I'll follow. You can call me chief zaddy. Messi is the only football club I'll ever support... Without Messi, football is super boring.

I know one penaldo supporter is about to quote me but please don't let the devil use you. Thanks for your cooperation

Start planning to watch basketball next season because Messi go chop bench for Barca next season.
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Maobichek: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
Rgade:
Yesoooooo.
The end of an Era. Messi out!
Let's see what the headless catlatans will do without the one and only GOAT...
Barcelona --> Messi.
Arsenal <-- Messi.
. Of a truth if you have been a keen observer, the era ended with the exit of Iniesta and Xavier.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Ijaya123: 5:30pm On Aug 31, 2020
ghettokid1:
Barca should fuckingly release him & let him go

Thing ain’t done that way bro. Football is serious business with lots of money involved. It is not about sentiment.

Then of what use is the contract he signed with the club.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by uthlaw: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2020
Dalil8:

Speculations, speculations and more speculations!

That's what it is.
no hate,he still gonna make close to billion a week,may God pick our calls too!
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Asiseeit: 5:36pm On Aug 31, 2020
I blame Bayern Munich for this. grin cheesy tongue

Seriously though, Messi should calm down and not overreact to the drubbing from Bayern. Barca board should be humble, acknowledge they messed up big time and strike a deal with the football god.

I understand Messi is disappointed with the club and all, but man, he may never have become the player he is today without Barca and of course, Barca sef gained a lot from him.

Outta respect for each other, they should sit down and reach a compromise, perhaps similar to the one C. Ronaldo and Manchester United reached in 2008 - "One more season with us (for old times sake) and you are free to go".

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by FullBlastLight: 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2020
RomanianNinja:
Messi wherever you go I'll follow. You can call me chief zaddy. Messi is the only football club I'll ever support... Without Messi, football is super boring.

I know one penaldo supporter is about to quote me but please don't let the devil use you. Thanks for your cooperation

Hey, shun joor!

Perhaps u wanted 2 say, without Messi, Barca wil be superbly boring!

Whereas, it's very apt & irrefutably correct 2 boldly say, without d Goatest Goat, CR7, football, invariably wil be phenomenally boring & disinteresting globally!

Abeg, mek una try 2 dey give honour 2 whom honour is due! Haba nah! #CR7!

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2020
Prechgold1180:
This Barca president is stupid upon everything I told him yesterday

Lemme just give him this week

grin You told him via nairaland right ?

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by rockyh(m): 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2020
He can't leave unless he terminates his contract with 700 million so he is just playing with a big fine.do you think man city are fools trying to negotiate with Barca .what I want to see is the club that will sign him,the FA that will negotiate his transfer since la Liga has explained its stand clearly to both parties saying messi still has a contract with Barca.he better be like neymar and leave maturely

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by SirMichael1: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Painful mehnnnnn
So like play like play Lionel Messi want leave us

So he want join mancity.hmmmmmm....problem
if Messi should join mancity.....there is gonna be a problem
Kevin de bryune with Messi will give the world problem...assist go just dey flow like river...
After all defence nor be mancity problem and them get finishers.,.......
Problem.... another problem
Lol. Defence no be man city problem and them dey always allow goals for most matches?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by DirtyGold: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2020
Let Messi calm down and not ruin his legacy.

jaxxy:

Contracted ended with end of season. He had and still has no plans to stay. Corona virus delayed the season so his contract is automatically affected and delayed by it also.

How hard is that for barca to understand

So he shud cheat himself or a proper agreement?? Cos people won’t respect logical reasoning
Whose fault is that?
As long as he didn't activate that clause in June, Barcelona has a proper claim
Those that did something about their contracts in June were fools abi?
Or will Messi be asking for transfer if Barca had won the Champions League?

What's that business?

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by rockyh(m): 5:49pm On Aug 31, 2020
Messi was given so much power by this board hence he feels like he is more than the club by deciding the coach to come and which player stays in the club and who is to be sold
Asiseeit:
I blame Bayern Munich for this. grin cheesy tongue

Seriously though, Messi should calm down and not overreact to the drubbing from Bayern. Barca board should be humble, acknowledge they messed up big time and strike a deal with the football god.

I understand Messi is disappointed with the club and all, but man, he may never have become the player he is today without Barca and of course, Barca sef gained a lot from him.

Outta respect for each other, they should sit down and reach a compromise, perhaps similar to the one C. Ronaldo and Manchester United reached in 2008 - "One more season with us (for old times sake) and you are free to go".

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Kingbuhari(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
He has gave them almost everything , it will be insensitive and greedy to keep hold of him after all these years... What he gave them is bigger than what they are asking on his head, it will spell doom if they derail the transfer move, we will start riot here In Nigeria if they didn't grant him his wishes, am not his fanz but I want him to taste his popularity , so we can measure him with Juventus Goat
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by friday2011(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2020
RomanianNinja:

And when he retires from football, I hope you will also retire from being a fan...

Before Messi or Ronaldo, there was football, after they have gone, football will remain and far better players will still come up and go...

Nothing last for ever.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by RomanianNinja: 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Messi is not football, he did nothing special to football, not even Ronaldo, they didn’t entertain us, only selfish desires of scoring goals, I place Ronaldo of Brazil, Ronaldinho, maradona , pele, more, men who gave us joy in watching football, your skill-less Messi, who played with world class footballers that won worldcup, euros nations cup, Africa nations cup and Copa America, he couldn’t deliver his own country but when he comes to Barca he is king, immediately the last set of the alien in Barca left, iniesta, he have not been himself, Barca have never been the same, they bought players he liked, they are not doing well, he is just a footballer who did his best, not a great like maradona and co, maradona took Napoli to win trophies, google, he took Argentina to win worldcup, and Copa America.
Who be this guy... You call Messi selfish? Do you watch soccer at all. When you hear the word assist who is the first person that comes to mind?

If you feel Messi did nothing special to football then I can bet you are nothing but a sadist

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Shollay20(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2020
ALLOW THIS MAN GO TO ANYTHHNG TEAMS HE WISH.
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Taiwojon(m): 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2020
please they should let this man go. anyway the only person you should not let go his JESUS.

Jesus save. Jesus is calling every other things will go but God words abide forever
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Exonerate1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2020
Mehn, this is crazy.

If it happened to be Ronaldo dishing out this attitudes, his name would have been all over the media.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
RomanianNinja:

Who be this guy... You call Messi selfish? Do you watch soccer at all. When you hear the word assist who is the first person that comes to mind?

If you feel Messi did nothing special to football then I can bet you are nothing but a sadist

I am talking about people who entertained us with the game of football, who enjoyed playing football Ronaldinho, Maradona and co, I guess you are too young to have watched them play, goals and assist goes hand in hand, it’s selfish goals, iniesta left the last of the aliens, Barca have never been the same. Read again, Barca have never been the same, 7-8 of Barca first players won the worldcup and 2 euros, others won Copa America and worldcup, one deco got to euro final, won champions league with Porto, Eto wonafrica nations cup back to back, MESSI PLAYED WITH THE BEST OF THE BEST In THE GAME OF FOOTBALL. Yes he scored goals, it’s personal drive to outshine Ronaldo and Vice versa, if it’s about game of football, menh call Ronaldo Brazil, Ronaldinho, pele, maradona, xavi, iniesta, rivaldo, they entertained us with the game of football, they played without pressure of becoming worldcup, they enjoyed the game and play their game, Barca haven’t been to champions league final since iniesta left, he is angry to leave after buying 3 players for close to 400m, and other players. That Barca squad without Messi would beat anyteam in the world with pep or klopp as manager, DO YOU KNOW He is not an inspiration, he is not a vibe, he is not Maradona the ginger man, he is not someone you can look up to, he got nothing left, the ALIENS of Barca are gone

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Floreate: 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2020
Lionel Andreas MessiChukwu has done well. FC Barca should sit down with him, resolve things and let him go. He's their greatest ever player and perhaps the greatest Laliga player of all times

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by rockyh(m): 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
Just pay the 700 and see if we hold him back.how many players earn what messi earns yearly 100 million .therefore,they both helped each other
OKOATA:
angry
Did Chelsea die when hazard left, we had a transfer ban and still survived. Barca board are just sulking little kids that’s all. So will Messi be at Barca forever? his heart his set elsewhere, forcing him will do them no good. Someone gave them countless trophies they wouldn’t have dreamt off in their lives and they are there doing nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by chocboi78(m): 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

Messi is not football, he did nothing special to football, not even Ronaldo, they didn’t entertain us, only selfish desires of scoring goals, I place Ronaldo of Brazil, Ronaldinho, maradona , pele, more, men who gave us joy in watching football, your skill-less Messi, who played with world class footballers that won worldcup, euros nations cup, Africa nations cup and Copa America, he couldn’t deliver his own country but when he comes to Barca he is king, immediately the last set of the alien in Barca left, iniesta, he have not been himself, Barca have never been the same, they bought players he liked, they are not doing well, he is just a footballer who did his best, not a great like maradona and co, maradona took Napoli to win trophies, google, he took Argentina to win worldcup, and Copa America.
so Pele and maradonna gave u joy in their days..
oshe.. ancient of days

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by jaxxy(m): 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
DirtyGold:
Unceremonious exit isn't the way of true legends.

What stops Messi from seeing out his contract with less than a year to go?
It isn't easy to let your cash- cow go just like that. However, you must understand that Messi wasn't playing for cheap - he wasn't doing Barcelona any special favour. He is the highest paid footballer in the world and he should respect his contract if he is honourable.

HE WONT BE THE FIRST PLAYER TO PAY HIS WAY OUT IF HE IS THAT PISSED - he wants to walk away free instead which is the reason for all these drama!

He played with Barcelona this past season without any major legal or administrative issue, yet they still didn't win anything... So?
Barcelona wont be adamant if they didn't have the contract terms on their side.

If you were Bartomeu, will you be the guy that let your club's greatest player go - for free while an existing contract is still valid?

What's tha business?

Contracted ended with end of season. He had and still has no plans to stay. Corona virus delayed the season so his contract is automatically affected and delayed by it also.

How hard is that for barca to understand

So he shud cheat himself or a proper agreement?? Cos people won’t respect logical reasoning
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by therajah: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2020
They shld let messi go in peace..else barca becomes messy!!
Re: Lionel Messi Considers His Barcelona Contract Over, Didn't Report For Training by Brazzaville(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2020
Rgade:
Yesoooooo.
The end of an Era. Messi out!
Let's see what the headless catlatans will do without the one and only GOAT...
Barcelona --> Messi.
Arsenal <-- Messi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak / Lionel Messi And His Sons Watching Harry Potter On TV (Photo, Video) / African Teams With The Highest AFCON Medals In History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.