Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,970 members, 7,873,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators (20493 Views)

Buhari Writes Senate, Seeks Confirmation Of Garba As NERC Chairman, Others / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba / Nigerians Will Pay Higher Electricity Tariffs - FG Promises IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Eriggs: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
lifenija:
all d mods are fools to let a zombie on board u n ur family of ass lickers/zombies are fools
all the moderators Seun justwise mynd44 Dominique over to you
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by renzie: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2020
EEDC is a huge failure. Can you believe that an area in Umuahia Amaeke junction has not had light for more than 2 years. EEDC doesn't want to invest in infrastructure. The transformer in that area got bad and replacing it has been a problem. They want people to donate and then they will start bringing their outrageous bills. Recently they brought a transformer and have refused to connect it and are asking people to go and pay outstanding bills. People are so annoyed with them. After staying for such a long time you expect people to be willing to pay for light that they have not seen. I wonder how people reason. They think others to be fools.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by NtiObaEneke(f): 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
Nigerians who receive less than 12-hour supply of electricity will not be affected in the latest increase until service improves.
It means I'm covered. I don't know when last I enjoyed 5 hours of power
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Pauladex(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2020
kokkubabboni421:
Permit me to derail, a large percentage of us now see The guy with the moniker Reighteousness99 as a celebrity. We’ve forgotten the likes of Shibaraba, pocohantas, Nwamaikpe, donatan18... these people go beyond face value to evaluate things. Someone spams virtually all the thread propagating a gospel that says only Christians would make heaven, yet we glorify these person amidst the relics and fanaticism we’re already battling? It’s beats my imagination, to see a full graduate reason devoid of common sense. A host of us are suffering from the backfire effect, hence when we are confronted with common reasoning, we quote the Bible and all religious scriptures to justify our folly. It’s truly finished.
I long for the day the black man will give common sense a chance, only then can we create the society we want for ourselves

I don't know why human being are so complicated. The sky is big enough for everyone to fly. Shine your shine and let righteousness99 shine too. Use your time to impact lives and stop been bitter about others success.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by hupo: 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2020
ggirl4real:
Provide the electricity first, Nigerians are willing to pay.

We can't continue paying for darkness.

Stop estimated billings.

Provide pre-paid meters to all households in Nigeria at subsidized rates.

Kindly visit NERC website to know what your right is regarding estimated billing. This has been phased out if you have a functional meter.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by sterlingD(m): 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2020
olatade:
I thought they'd suspended ontill next year?
I was about asking this same question
https://www.nairaland.com/6079981/no-tariff-increase-buhari-ordered#93267041
You see why the populace don't trust this government

1 Like

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Ade3131: 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
We got here bcuz of OBJ and Atiku. Which day are we going to celebrate a Nigerian leader or president that really want to alleviate poverty from the land? Is it not possible to reduce tariff and still provide good service? Why should tariffs be increased first before improving power supply and not improving power supply before increasing tariff?
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Kingstanding: 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2020
ggirl4real:

Stop estimated billings.

. Not to provide pre- paid meters to all households in Nigeria at subsidized rates but to give households free pre-paid meters. In UK pre-paid meter is free to all consumers. Nigeria leaders are cursed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by kokkubabboni421(m): 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
With due respect sire; is God a Christian ??
Opiosko:

May God open your heart to understand the mystery of His Grace and Salvation through His only begotten Son, Jesus the Christ.

May He give you a glimpse into the riches of the glory of His saints and the hope of eternal life.

Many of us who profess to know God are calling on Him in spirit and truth. We know God as a Spirit, commune with Him and see His powers manifest dairly in our lives and that of others.

I now you do not understand how it could be possible and that's ok. You cannot understand the things of His Spirit with human senses.

But there's hope because He has not left Himself without witness or evidence. And He's near to all who calls on Him from their heart.

If you truly want to know God, do this:
When you are about to retire at night tonight, keen and say that you really want to know God and ask God to make Himself available to you. That His servant, Emmanuel says He hears all who truly desired to know Him.

Do that and you will share your testimony. Congratulations in advance.

God bless you.

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Nasrothschild1: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by ganiyu26(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
post=93458615:

Meaning you don't even have 4 Naira to pay?!

Who do una wailer dis kind tin nah.
Must you wail continously like dis?

Even on top 4 Naira?
Make God helep una o.

Meanwhile, You worship Baba OBJ that 10 BILLION DOLLARS for power disappeared under him without us seeing the power for 8 years!
That one did not scam you o!

Poverty die die die.......
Amen!
shocked
Its N4 per kilowathour bros, not N4 in a month... Be guided please
We move on..........
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Positiveme2020: 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2020
[quote author=Bustincole post=93458773]Yahoo money dat sure pass is NEPA BILLS

Now i realised dat we are paying for sunshine
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by SocialJustice: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2020
ggirl4real:

Stop estimated billings.

Read the article before posting.

FTC geng, you hardly ever read beyond the heading.

Government said anyone receiving less than 12 hours power over 1 month can not be charged the new rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Chachangi: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2020
kokkubabboni421:
With due respect sire; is God a Christian ??

Sir/Ma, you’re entitled to your own opinion and Righteousness is entitled to his own opinion.

Now this is my opinion below:

I think you should be more concerned about the section in Nairaland where you are COERCED to swear allegiance to Allah ( Not God, because the God I know, I mean the Father of Jesus doesn’t force us) BEFORE you can comment.

I think the common sense I know should see that as worrisome and not someone who is just expressing himself without forcing anyone.

Remember, this is my
Opinion and I think I am entitled to it.

God bless you in Jesus’ name

1 Like

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by idafa2018: 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
Another bold attempt to murder the poor that refused to die,change indeed.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by favor914: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2020
ggirl4real:

Stop estimated billings.

Even at that, not everyone can still afford meters, it’s a deep pit we dug ourselves into for over a generation, yet people will say Obasanjo tried, Mr. Architect of Nigeria’s destruction.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by favor914: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kingstanding:
. Not to provide pre- paid meters to all households in Nigeria at subsidized rates but to give households free pre-paid meters. In UK pre-paid meter is free to all consumers. Nigeria leaders are cursed.
Cursed Nigerian leaders for over a generation, which should include your Parents, Grand Parents, or Relatives?
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by favor914: 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
idafa2018:
Another bold attempt to murder the poor that refused to die,change indeed.
They are just trying to dig Nigeria out the mess, Jonathan & Pdp threw us in.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by ggirl4real: 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
SocialJustice:
Read the article before posting.

FTC geng, you hardly ever read beyond the heading.

Government said anyone receiving less than 12 hours power over 1 month can not be charged the new rate.

I saw that already.

Don't be too quick to conclude that I never read the post.

Old rate or new rate, we've not even seen the electricity.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by ggirl4real: 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kingstanding:

Dem go gree give am for free?

My dad paid 58K for prepaid meter for more than 2 years now, till now, he is yet to receive the meter.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by ggirl4real: 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
GamalNasser:

Are you sure you can afford 56 naira per KWH ? Abi na only bulb you wan use ?

Let them provide the electricity first.

I notice that the cost of running generator always is even higher than the monthly electricity bill I pay.

1 Like

Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by ggirl4real: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2020
edoairways:

Not all Nigerians are willing to pay. Many are ready to circumvent just to enjoy the benefits

You are right. Nigerians are their own problem.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by edoairways: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2020
ggirl4real:

You are right. Nigerians are their own problem.
Yeah
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Kingstanding: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2020
favor914:
Cursed Nigerian leaders for over a generation, which should include your Parents, Grand Parents, or Relatives?
. What do you mean? You must be mad and crazy! Your entire generation will never no peace. Bastard human being. Thank God my father never hold any political appointment. Nigeria is not worth dying for.
Re: New Tariffs Take Off As NERC Sets Rules For Operators by Dharmiejoe(m): 9:29pm On Sep 01, 2020
kokkubabboni421:
Permit me to derail, a large percentage of us now see The guy with the moniker Reighteousness99 as a celebrity. We’ve forgotten the likes of Shibaraba, pocohantas, Nwamaikpe, donatan18... these people go beyond face value to evaluate things. Someone spams virtually all the thread propagating a gospel that says only Christians would make heaven, yet we glorify these person amidst the relics and fanaticism we’re already battling? It’s beats my imagination, to see a full graduate reason devoid of common sense. A host of us are suffering from the backfire effect, hence when we are confronted with common reasoning, we quote the Bible and all religious scriptures to justify our folly. It’s truly finished.
I long for the day the black man will give common sense a chance, only then can we create the society we want for ourselves
The guy in question never forced his preaching down your throat. It's your choice to believe or disregard his opinion. Righteousness 99 opted to use this platform to spread a message he believes can impact positive change to the world. You can also do the same.The sky is big enough for all birds to fly.so quit hating

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fubara: I Would Have Punished You Long Ago – Dele Momodu Tells Wike / Court Remands Abdulrasheed Maina In Prison / Bandits' Leaders Force Zamfara Farmers To Work On Their Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.