Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,207 members, 7,880,762 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:22 AM

Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes (63824 Views)

Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes / Davido Unveils Tyler Perry First Studio Project / Kenneth Copeland Bought Tyler Perry’s Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by MrBONE2(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2020
KossyKiss97:
Yay!!!

But Tyler, why did u make that kind of movie ACRIMONY.

After that lady suffered with her husband for many years, he now went and married another woman when he hammered. E pain me well no be small. grin
SiSi the movie was done to educate Ladies to always stick to their Buddys no matter their condition grin

4 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
this man wey dey always act like old black woman in his movies ...

love him though!
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2020
You only have stories when you've been through hell. Appreciate the journey and look forward to your days of glory.

However, I don't like the fact that he now incorporates gay stuff into his movies. Seems he had to join them to hit it.
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
MrBONE2:

SiSi the movie was done to educate Ladies to always stick to their Buddys no matter their condition grin

Nope, the movie was to educate ladies not to be stupid when it comes to men's affairs. You'll end up being bitter.

3 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by ODJ124(m): 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
maisauki:
grin grin ;Dwhy you no want naira na shocked shocked shocked grin shocked

lol...i want excess money
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2020
KossyKiss97:
Yay!!!

After that lady suffered with her husband for many years, he now went and married another woman when he hammered. E pain me well no be small. grin
No be she divorce am after her family people pressure her?
She wasn't patient.
Women sabi twist stories to favour themselves sha.

2 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by jayworld15(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
That is to America and other greatly developed countries. Here in Nigeria, if you think you’d make it and start using these Americanss, British and so on as your inspiration, you’d old like Old Nebo grin grin grin cheesy. There are many opportunities that can catapult “a pauper to a zillionaire” in those countries but in Nigeria, well, ask others with oldie belief like one BBQ rat and mosquitoes “MannaStupid”: Nigeria will be great again in our time, when the same Nigeria is retrogressing in all areas, when his forbears have been saying it. There’re no opportunities in Nigeria except unholy, wrong and fraudulent ways are used. Imagine epileptic electric power, bad road network, dilapidated structures, decayed political system, dying educational sector, poor economic policies, etc affecting the nation. My people, don’t use these Americans as your inspiration, otherwise, you’d grow old in your waiting. A land where CEOs make 5billion dollars in one day is no joke.

2 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nattie2:

Only if she had waited and not been carried away by pressure from her family. Patience is an important virtue. She made her bed, she should sleep in it.

She slept in it quite alright, but her husband was with her.
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by AristocraticMe: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
I love what he said when i was reading his story some time ago, he stated ........ Everything he owns was given to him by God....... you can plant and water but it is God who gives the increase.
I love that statement....................................... Everyone of us is blessed in one or the other...

5 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nattie2: 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
To everyone saying he's gay. I dont think so. His bio on google says he has a partner by the name Gelila Bekele who happens to be a woman and they've been together since 2009. They also have a son together named Aman Tyler Perry.
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Amhappy(f): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
Congrats Tyler Perry. Well deserved.

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Mires: 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
I hope those ndi ara yahoo boys will see this
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 02, 2020
Congrats
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
Mikelarteta:
They should do their home work well so that another invictus obi story will not come up years after. May God bless every real hustler and open your door to breakthrough as you read this piece. Go and be great legitimately. Do not give up your time will come.
Stop casting OSU's inherent criminality on others.
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2020
Awesome story. I clicked on the Forbes link and went to the site to read the story. I actually read the full report to the end and watched the video interview. It's just so inspiring, I'm super inspired. 1 major thing I picked is the fact that he did not let desperation push him to accept anything offered but insisted that his contents must remain as they are - + he was smart to ensure that he maintained full ownership of his works.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2020
dokie:

Tyler Perry is born again.
Yeah,the sort of born again who promotes sodomy in his movies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
dalass:

So right. They are only interested in RUGA and Water bill, to take even the land and natural water bodies around us... They love darkness, they hate productivity so they can control people if they are poor and illiterates.

The way they control millions of such in the north to vote failures as President again and again... God deliver us.
It doesn't cost anything to fix power supply but they are simply not interested in economic growth
Everything is because of North to you guys undecided
Obasanjo that spent $16billion on power...where's the light?
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2020
rentAcock:
My only gripe with this guy is the mere fact that he might be gay. I used to think his acting as the angry Black woman in his movie Madea was just comedy but when you hear him speak, you will notice his queer tendencies. Never seen or heard any news about his dating life either. Never seen a wife or girlfriend in his picture. I'm not a homophobic person or anything but I cannot celebrate his billionaire status. We need more Black people who are financially successful but also live an exemplary life our kids can look up to.
so much contradictions in one post. You're not homophobic and you "assumed" he is a homosexual because of his voice and because of that he is not exemplary.

So homosexuality is exemplary or not?
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by laiperi: 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
The only way to appreciate success in African Americans is to understand the odds against them which some of us blame them for. Blaming the victims.

They lack the confidence most Africans had in those days that helped them succeed in Europe and America. Sometimes, it is even surprising that they made it through high school.

This guy is exceptional from the way he makes and spends his money. I can never see him ending up poor like some in sports and entertainment.

Respect. We need more Africans in Africa like him. We have many in Nigeria but they are ridiculed and never celebrated because they are low-key and never ostentatious.

3 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by oje0734: 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Xandelle: 2:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
Aabheaven:
His story is inspiring and coupled with the fact he is a great philanthropist. I believe his background shaped him into being a giver and for him to keep his content hundred percent original despite the white supremacist Hollywood says a lot about consistency. I am glad black people are shaping the globe and promotion the black culture. It puts to light that anything is possible no matter if the system is racist or no.

Please can you define black culture?
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by humilitypays(m): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2020
In as much as we celebrate Tyler Perry on his success, let's not equate it to Nigerian scenario where we have millions of hardworking, smart thinking, creative youths wasting their lives jobless, no hope for job, no capital to startup a business, no mentor to help them, no basic amenities to keep them going and hoping, just helpless and dejected and hoping on luck and destiny to remember them...while some end up committing crime out of no other option.

Only lazy, foolish, gangstar life loving youths end up poor forever in America as citizens!

America, Europe and many developed nations give their citizens great opportunities to become just whatever they wish to become in life, its just a matter of choice and dedication to achieve it which many of their citizens throw away out of laziness, drug addiction, gangstar life and foolishness.

If Tyler Perry was a Nigerian guy, he will be in his remote village today stealing fowls to survive, so there is nothing to celebrate because being an American citizen alone made him a success.

Yeye de smell angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by ednut1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2020
Real black hero not those who weep and cry about racism

1 Like

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Thazard(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2020
mytime24:
Ok we here u
Awo motivation speakers,
In d other news cheesy
lol
I love Madea
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Redman44(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2020
humilitypays:
In as much as we celebrate Tyler Perry on his success, let's not equate it to Nigerian scenario where we have millions of hardworking, smart thinking, creative youths wasting their lives jobless, no hope for job, no capital to startup a business, no mentor to help them, no basic amenities to keep them going and hoping, just helpless and dejected and hoping on luck and destiny to remember them...while some end up committing crime out of no other option.

Only lazy, foolish, gangstar life loving youths end up poor forever in America as citizens!

America, Europe and many developed nations give their citizens great opportunities to become just whatever they wish to become in life, its just a matter of choice and dedication to achieve it which many of their citizens throw away out of laziness, drug addiction, gangstar life and foolishness.

If Tyler Perry was a Nigerian guy, he will be in his remote village today stealing fowls to survive, so there is nothing to celebrate because being an American citizen alone made him a success.

Yeye de smell angry

And you think you have spoken wisely, abi? Do you know Kunle Afolayan and Tunde Kelani? Do you know Funke Akindele? There are Movie Producers who are doing well in Nigeria. Their movies are on Netflix and they live in Nigeria. Do you know how much Kunle Afolayan is actually worth in Naira and Dollars? Do you know Funke Akindele's bank balance? Please, drop those negative views and thoughts you harbor about Nigeria. Cheers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by seangy4konji: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2020
You have to struggle with nepa first and food to bring out the best in you out here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by CarlsJaz567(m): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2020
KossyKiss97:
Yay!!!

Sorry Sis. Did you really watch the movie well? The husband did everything to convince her that she was wrong about him chasing another woman, but she held on blindly to the wrong ideas put into her head by her sisters.

He tried his best to keep the relationship, but she pushed him off and went on straight to sleeping with another person, effectively ensuring the relationship died finally. She even rubbed the new relationship in his face to provoke feelings of jealousy etc.

Such a sorry case, but a good lesson for us all, most especially ladies. Perseverance is key. We must be careful about people who, perhaps meant well for us, but could end up giving really bad advices!

4 Likes

Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by cray91(m): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
hmm! ogaoo

Billionaire news today, Billionaire story tomorrow

All i know is everyone cannot be a billionaire, Everyone can not be poor as well

make God sha help us be on the better side
Aabheaven:
According to Forbes, Tyler Perry officially becomes a billionaire and it is a big thing in the black community because Tyler was formerly homeless and now is a self made billionaire pushing 100 percent his own content. He is truly an inspiration to am young people, keep being original and don't give up. Congrats Tyler perry.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/maddieberg/2020/09/01/from-poor-as-hell-to-billionaire-how-tyler-perry-changed-show-business-forever/amp/
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by humilitypays(m): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2020
Redman44:

And you think you have spoken wisely, abi? Do you know Kunle Afolayan and Tunde Kelani? Do you know Funke Akindele? There are Movie Producers who are doing well in Nigeria. Their movies are on Netflix and they live in Nigeria. Do you know how much Kunle Afolayan is actually worth in Naira and Dollars? Do you know Funke Akindele's bank balance? Please, drop those negative views and thoughts you harbor about Nigeria. Cheers.
If you had enough sense to comprehend my initial comment, you won't even quote me to say rubbish you just typed above.

Go school and learn simple compression, you won't, you prefer to be taking tramadol while your mates are studying, now you see your life angry
Re: Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by KossyKiss97(f): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2020
MT:

It shows some people are merely destined to suffer with you while some are meant to enjoy the largesse after. It's a clear case of fate playing its cards. That movie is my best tyler Perry's movie of all times. Deeply thought of.

Honestly you hit the nail on the head as painful as it sounds though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji: "No Boob Surgery, A Good Bra Can Do The Magic" / Tonto Dikeh And Ex-husband Olakunle Churchill Shade Each Other / Atiku Abubakar Congratulates Wizkid On His MOBO 2017 Awards Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.