Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,883 members, 7,902,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 05:20 PM

Enugu State Healthcare Worker Are On Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Enugu State Healthcare Worker Are On Strike (406 Views)

ASR Africa Boosts Ogun State's Healthcare With ₦2.5 Billion Grant / Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances / NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enugu State Healthcare Worker Are On Strike by dbaruwa(m): 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2020
I went to Enugu State Teaching Hospital Parklane this morning for an appointment with my doctor only to find out that all their healthcare workers under JOHESU are on strike since yesterday 1st September 2020.
On inquiry I was made to know that for many years now that they have been begging the state government to pay them their conhess entitlement just like other healthcare institutions within and outside the state have been enjoying for years.

Information I got revealed that they planned striking few months ago but were promised by the state government that a committee has been created to look into the problem and get back to them.

July salary was paid and it was only the doctors whom having been enjoying 10percent conhess with them were paid 100%.

All efforts they made towards understanding why government would decide to pay doctors 100% conhess and leave them with 10% proved futile instead the government has threatened to sack them and employ new people.

Well this is a one-sided story but if by any chance it is true, it is very bad.

Doctors can't even work without cleaners let alone nurses, lab scientists, pharmacists etc.

The state government should avoid getting Parklane to a state where patients will start avoiding the hospital because of high number of deaths as was in the past.

I pray that the Governor of Enugu state should look into there case and do the needful because what is good for the geese is also good for the gander.
Re: Enugu State Healthcare Worker Are On Strike by luvissweet2f(f): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2020
They have been on strike since yesterday.
I had thought it would be on the front page of nairaland but alas, not even a word of that news.
People need to know that Enugu state healthcare system is in disarray.

This news should have been in the front page since yesterday. angry angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tasly Cen Forte Tablet Cost 9,000 NGN / I Was Stung By Scorpion / The 11 Diseases That Can Be Cured Using Lime Juice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.