Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,948 members, 7,873,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

How Does Investment Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does Investment Work? (251 Views)

Agent Banking With Opay, How Does It Work? / How Does Wheelbarrow Leasing Run ? / Webmoney : How Does It Work? -HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Investment Work? by Akhigbeblog(m): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2020
I have a question that have been bothering me for weeks now. My question is, if a business is yet to be established or is already established but don't have much capital, and if someone is to invest a certain amount....how will the company equality power (shares) be share among the owner and the investor(s)?
Re: How Does Investment Work? by RaphaellaDD(f): 1:02am On Sep 03, 2020
Akhigbeblog:
I have a question that have been bothering me for weeks now. My question is, if a business is yet to be established or is already established but don't have much capital, and if someone is to invest a certain amount....how will the company equality power (shares) be share among the owner and the investor(s)?

The only way the company will have shares is if it's registered as a public corporation. The owner of the business and the investor will decide on the structure of the business. It can be a partnership with the roles defined, for example: the founder of the company is the CEO and is in charge of running the company while the investor can be a silent partner that doesn't get involved in the day to day running of the company. Like I said, the owner and investor will have to come to an agreement on what rights the investor will have and that will determine the structure.

1 Like

Re: How Does Investment Work? by Akhigbeblog(m): 1:20am On Sep 03, 2020
RaphaellaDD:

The only way the company will have shares is if it's registered as a public corporation. The owner of the business and the investor will decide on the structure of the business. It can be a partnership with the roles defined, for example: the founder of the company is the CEO and is in charge of running the company while the investor can be a silent partner that doesn't get involved in the day to day running of the company. Like I said, the owner and investor will have to come to an agreement on what rights the investor will have and that will determine the structure.
Maybe you don't understand my question, let me give am example. If I'm to start a business.... And you want to invest maybe 100million dollars.... Those that make the investor automatically the owner of the business.... And with such amount what portion of the company ownership percentage with you (the investor) have in the company?

1 Like

Re: How Does Investment Work? by RaphaellaDD(f): 7:18am On Sep 03, 2020
Akhigbeblog:

Maybe you don't understand my question, let me give am example. If I'm to start a business.... And you want to invest maybe 100million dollars.... Those that make the investor automatically the owner of the business.... And with such amount what portion of the company ownership percentage with you (the investor) have in the company?

This I cannot answer. I'll advise you to hire a corporate lawyer to take you through the process
Re: How Does Investment Work? by Akhigbeblog(m): 9:44am On Sep 03, 2020
RaphaellaDD:

This I cannot answer. I'll advise you to hire a corporate lawyer to take you through the process
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Does Investment Work? by Akhigbeblog(m): 1:16pm On Sep 03, 2020
Please you ideas are welcome..... Say something

(1) (Reply)

Join Us To Make Steady Income On Networking / Make Money Online During This Season / Wrist Band Sanitizer Dispenser #250 Pre-order Price, Mkt Is #1k+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.