Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,909 members, 7,918,951 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 06:16 PM

A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter (747 Views)

Husband Who Beat His Wife Kneels To Beg Her As She Insists On Leaving The Marria / Man Catches His Wife In A Hotel With Man, Says "I Have The Right To Kill You" / The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by Osas109: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2020
Hello house.
Recently, in the house in which i rented an apartment, another tenant had a misunderstanding with his daughter (who happens to be in her middle twenties, also a student), the man hit her with a plank and created a big round red scar on her arm(the scar looks like that from a hot iron, if you see it from a distance), everyone was asking the man what made him do it. They even said no matter what she did to him, she was his daughter, and nothing would warrant such
Only for baba to say he has the right to hit her, that he gave birth to her.

P.S: the condition of this man's house is not nice at all, his apartment is overcrowded and he does nothing about it. I have heard arguments about it several times from his apartment with the other of his children(the man has 3 grown up girls and 2 grown up boys with other little children). I'm sure it's because of the girl complaints that got to him this time that made him become a beast again. The man has always had anger issues, she (the victim-daughter) already went to seek legal counsel, but her siblings and friends were begging her not to involve a lawyer cos the man is her father, that she should forgive him. The sad thing is, her mum couldn't even defend her

To a large extent, this girl is not spoilt, not wayward, (i mean we share a compound), i work from home so i see wats goin on, I've been in that compound for 5years now so i know what i mean by she is a good girl, just that the condition of the man's apartment is pitiful and he's a government worker, but doesn't do anything about his condition even for the sake of his children's health.

I am asking if that statement "i have the right to hit my daughter" is mentally and morally right because if something legal is not done, this man might kill somebody in that compound and still justify his beastly actions
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by Sage161(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
People who have high and unnecessary attitude deserves the standing ovation of my tallest finger. The man isn't wrong to discipline his daughter but he went to far and had no remorse. Given her age, she shouldn't be necessarily flogged or hit with objects as disciplinary measures. Sadly, nothing is more common in Africa than parents with deluded mindsets who inflicts physical and emotional pain on their children. If this escalates further, contact the human rights activists from their page. Wouldn't want to hear death cases.

1 Like

Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by onward4life(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2020
Some how

Depending on the girls attitude
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by dangermouse(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2020
He sure has the right to discipline the kids if they err. But what he did in this case is way too far.

1 Like

Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by GboyegaD(m): 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2020
In her mid twenties, she should be responsible for and to herself. The Nigerian society has made even adults dependents.

In essence, the dad was wrong on all sides and needs be told but not by you sha ooo.

1 Like

Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by Righteousness89(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2020
Any Child under the Roof of the Parent can be Disciplined!

Disciplining a Child does not Entail that kind of Treatment..

Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by WhisperedNoise: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2020
He beats his daughter who is in her mid 20s?
These 'fathers' have anger and domination issues. What happened to speaking calmly and reasonably?

I believe that if you still need to beat your daughter when she's 18, 19 just to pass your point across, you have failed in your parental duties.

Imagine hitting an adult...ridiculous.
angry
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by bukatyne(f): 6:07pm On Sep 03, 2020
Now, this a case of domestic violence.

The father should respect his daughter enough to correct her in ways that are not demeaning or a blow to her self esteem.

I am curious about his relationship with his wife.
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by merieam16(f): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2020
grin Op why u tell us say u dey work frm home becos we go say u no get work buh u get time sha..Lolz

Anyway, d man has d right to discipline his child buh took it all wrong
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by Mindlog: 4:24am On Sep 04, 2020
I can deduce that domestic violence is normalized in that family. The now adult children grew up seeing their mother and themselves being repressed through beatings, reason as adults they didn't develop the capacity to challenge their violent father. How can 2 grown up sons continue to condone their father's violent nature because sons are more likely to challenge their father's abuse. There are things going in that family which outsiders don't know.
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by simpleseyi: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2020
The OP is mentally unstable. So, in your tribe, you take your parents to Court for beating you. Definitely it will not be well with Lord Lugard for joining us with people across the River Niger. You think you ate beyond being beaten, yet you are living in your father's house. Go and get your house nah, lazy youths.
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by simpleseyi: 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
bukatyne:
Now, this a case of domestic violence.

The father should respect his daughter enough to correct her in ways that are not demeaning or a blow to her self esteem.

I am curious about his relationship with his wife.

The daughter should respect herself by going to get her own apartment. You cannot be living in my house and be disobeying me. A lady in her mid 30s should be independent. Stop leaching on the old man
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by Crank20: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2020
Go and warn that bastard that the next time he does this, he will be in trouble. If possible, go ahead and report him now. Nigerians are the most idiotic people I have seen here. What is the difference between molestation/physical abuse and discipline? Dang! Africa is dead before being dead, jeez. What! The day he kills her and the news makes it to nairaland, the tame responses here wouldn't be the same. To inflict physical harm on that adult is even something crazier. If you see a frustrated slowpoke who doesn't accept his fault in his problems, humble himself to admit he is wrong(birthing kids he can't take care of), then you have seen a monster. Such fools sometimes don't even allow their children move around to find solution to their problems. Dude, if you've never been in such a household where the father is a self conceited, ignorant fellow and then seen people in the street who branched out from such father's, you wouldn't appreciate what i am saying. Such father's have so much ego yet they can't solve problems they created.
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by mutter(f): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2020
I just wonder how people can commit a criminal offense and brag about it.
It is not acceptable!
I also think it is not the right option beating children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INZVY06e_OQ
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by cooooooks(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
A 20 something year old is not a child. She should go away from there before he kills her.
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by frozen70(f): 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
He is a frustrated man already, let him go and face a fellow man if he wants to flex muscle

Who beats an over grown daughter

What happens with words of mouth and counseling

Nonsense
Re: A Father Says He Has The Right To Beat His Daughter by 777romanon: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2020
too many frustrated and angry Nigerians walking. trying to vent Thier anger and frustration on the wrong things. I may agree we all need some sort of psychological evaluation, well as for the daughter she needs to work on herself. she's a full grown woman!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Horrifying! Villagers Cut-open A Python’ Stomach After It Swallowed A Man Photos / I Didn't Know SNIPER Can Harm Without Drinking. / Widow Gets Married Again! | Behind The Scenes Of Her BRIDE PRICE Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.