Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,139 members, 7,880,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:26 PM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27430 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by mikeapollo: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2011
There no need for this kind of controversy. All the tribes in Nigeria, including the Yoruba and Igbos are playing active roles in the movie industry(I hate the fake word 'nollywood').
But one thing I want people to know is that the present movie industry we have in Nigeria was created/pioneered by the Yoruba actors, whol started the release of home videos in the early 90's before the it became a big industry.
Other parts of the country, especially the Igbo people have not been producing many movies in their mother tongue, unlike the Yoruba who have been consistent over the years. There cant be a movie industry classified as such without the Yoruba actors who actually pioneered it.
This is a fact and should be acknowledged by all.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2011
mikeapollo:

There no need for this kind of controversy. All the tribes in Nigeria, including the Yoruba and Igbos are playing active roles in the movie industry(I hate the fake word 'nollywood').
But one thing I want people to know is that the present movie industry we have in Nigeria was created/pioneered by the Yoruba actors, whol started the release of home videos in the early 90's before the it became a big industry.
Other parts of the country, especially the Igbo people have not been producing many movies in their mother tongue, unlike the Yoruba who have been consistent over the years. There cant be a movie industry classified as such without the Yoruba actors who actually pioneered it.
This is a fact and should be acknowledged by all.

okay, lets acknowledge that, although the hausa will say they started making movies in the late 70's Ali's Hakanuya, the late samanja was there, but lemme agree with you for the sake of argument, Yoruba's started making movies so? before America was born, Chinese movie industry was worth 100s of millions( present day money) but today whats the difference?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ Uche - CAN SEE YOU JUST BEEN RELEASED FROM PSYCHIATRIC HOME.
U GOING REALLY MAD, IT IS NOT ALL HUMAN BEING WE COUNT AS NORMAL. YOURS IS TOO OBVIOUS

U WILL ROT IN HELL, MAGGOT LIKE U.

LONG HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 1:20pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ rhymz - U ARE SENSELESS.

GUESS U DONT HAV SOMETHING GOOD TO DO WITH YOUR TIME.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ gohome - What are you saying? Who is talking to you, BUSY BODY? Why dont you mind your business?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Feb 24, 2011
rhymz:

A Fool that wants to get popular by all means even if it means being a nuisance in every thread, abeg pack one corner jare!
so you noticed this too
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2011
kemisuga:

@ rhymz - U ARE SENSELESS.

GUESS U DONT HAV SOMETHING GOOD TO DO WITH YOUR TIME.
shut your dog breath, you senile bimbo! Who the hell are you to tell me how to use my time? Do you just open your mouth and let crap come out of it without the aids of your brains?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 2:12pm On Feb 24, 2011
Toaskarity:

so you noticed this too

You dey mind that stray bigot wey dey ginger mumu ginger, scheeeew
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ rhymz - Oh, I can see u 85years. Your mate are already in the grave eaten up by maggots.

I dont have time bragging with someone from Owerri, I got better meaningful things to do with my precious time.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 2:23pm On Feb 24, 2011
[size=13pt]@kemisuga aka suya[/size]
@ rhymz - Oh, I can see u 85years. Your mate are already in the grave eaten up by maggots.

I dont have time bragging with someone from Owerri, I got better meaningful things to do with my precious time.

[size=20pt]you don't have time yet your responding, I wonder who is fooling who, my mistake your fooling yourself, lol, piece of DOG SHIT
[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by mikeapollo: 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

You must be smoking some strong Igbo.  undecided undecided undecided

Because I said Igbos are loved in Ghana, you get upset? Well it is the truth. Flavour and Duncan Mighty get plenty of love.

I am not saying that other Nigerians do not get love in that country, because D'banj was showered with love as well. But to hear people around the continent singing Igwe and saying Chineke me, makes my heart soar. I can thank a non-Igbo, Timaya, for also helping to spread Igbo phrases.

Either way, tell your brothers and sisters to stop bothering the Igbos. Most of us fight fire with fire. The person you are talking to, fstranger is not redeemable.

And you can't consider someone tribalist, if they are mixed with various groups. I am not even full Igbo.

It is a welcome development if other African countries express love for Nigerian musicians. It is normal and not new.
But please, do not over stretch the relevance or love for Yoruba/Igbo people in Ghana. The igbo people started going to Ghana only in recent times. The Yoruba people have been settling in Ghana long before the independence of Ghana.
Major business like Cocoa farming and other commercial activities etc were dominated by Yoruba people, especially from Oyo/Osun/Kwara axis many decades ago and the Ghanaian people have a lot of names/[hrases/aliases for the Yoruba. Infact Ghanaians did not know there were other Nigerian tribes apart from the Yoruba people untill the late 90s when more Nigerians started trooping back to Ghana.
Names/words like Anago or Alata are Yoruba words that were used to describe a Nigerian in Ghana up to today. The Mokola market (the biggest market in Accra) is coined from a Yoruba word ' Mokola'. Many Ghanaians are farmiliar with Yoruba songs of the yester years. In fact places like James Town and Lagos Town in Accra and Kumasi were dominated by Yoruba people.
The Ghanaians are genrally kind and loving people, so their love for Duncan Mighty/DBanj should not be translated on tribal sentiments. It is just an expression of their love for the act(music).
Yoruba people had a near perfect relationship with the Ghanaian host communities all the while until when other tribes from Nigeria started flocking into Ghana, and all of a sudden Nigerians in Ghana started having a very bad image. If not for the old time good relationship that existed between the mostly Yoruba Nigerian communities in Ghana in the 50s to 90s, the Ghanaian communities/government would have waged a SERIOUS campaign against Nigerians in that country.
The Yoruba people are known for living in peace with their neigbours, whether as hosts or as guests.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 2:28pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ Uche - BUT, WHY ARE U DIS LOUSY. MUST YOU TYPE IN DAT BIG BOLD FONTS.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Laura202: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Tpiah,
The combination is called UNITED NATIONS grin

My children can marry from island of Fiji if it makes them happy. I am way past the tribalistic crap we display in Nigeria and come back to claim,exposed and well travelled,

I'd rather be happily married to a cambodian normad than to be in bondage married to an 'ibo' brother,
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2011
kemisuga:

young woman you are petty and brainless. I am a proud unapologetic Igbo man from Imo state but sorry to disappoint you, I am well travelled and have lived most part of my life in the Southwest "so wat da hell" are you going to tell me, calling me Owerri man(which I am, a very proud one too). I speak fluent yoruba and know their idiosyncrasies very well. I am not the type you can bully around with your !diocy and childish temper tantrums. Go and catch your atittude with your co-bigots, if you want to argue the topic then face it but if you want to throw subtle insults at me then you will get what is coming to you, Hag!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 2:57pm On Feb 24, 2011
uchennaq:

[size=13pt]@kemisuga aka suya[/size]

[size=20pt]you don't have time yet your responding, I wonder who is fooling who, my mistake your fooling yourself, lol, piece of DOG poo
[/size]
you dey mind the stooopid girl wey just dey talk prepreprapra from her dirty mouth.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 3:19pm On Feb 24, 2011
It will be a very waste of time and energy, responding to rhymz and uche who has just been released from PSYCHIATRIC home.

I know your types of human beings, empty barrels who just like popularity on nairaland.

U think you can just talk anyhow, without mannerism to just anybody.
How many Yoruba responses do u see here, with abusive words. Unless someone step on deir toes, imagine uche calling my Mama for wat reason? angry

You are just bunch of trouble-makers.

PLS BE CAREFUL
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by googles: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2011
undecided undecided undecided

Jeez guys slow your roll . . .how many guys e-fighting one babe ? undecided

and the name calling is so not cool
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by farochron(m): 3:37pm On Feb 24, 2011
Ghanaians are already chasing them out of Ghana because of their barbaric nature. Fela called them animals in human skin.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2011
@kemisuga aka suya
It will be a very waste of time and energy, responding to rhymz and uche who has just been released from PSYCHIATRIC home.

I know your types of human beings, empty barrels who just like popularity on nairaland.

U think you can just talk anyhow, without mannerism to just anybody.
How many Yoruba responses do u see here, with abusive words. Unless someone step on deir toes, imagine uche calling my Mama for wat reason?

You are just bunch of trouble-makers.

PLS BE CAREFUL

[size=13pt]she is scared, lol, mommy mommy there is something in the wardrobe, cheesy
[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by SisiKill1: 4:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
Rotflmao @ thread.

Yoruba movie or Nollywood English speaking movies.

Isn't that like saying Shiite or Diarrhea?

At the end of the day they are all a big ol' plie of CRAPOSTATIC CRAP!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by wiseguy(m): 4:26pm On Feb 24, 2011
Anytime there is a thread, apart from politics, making it up to the 10th page and beyond, I always suspect it must be tribalistic.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by angelz(f): 4:29pm On Feb 24, 2011
Nigerians
or Ibo/Yoruba
Which 1 r u?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
@kemisuga
You keep saying ''it's a waste'' of time to reply uche and rhymz,yet you keep replying them with epistles. Do you understand the line ''waste of time'' ? Cos u obviously don't since u keep replying.

@yoruba,igbo,calabar,hausa e.t,c

Una no get work u hear
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2011
@ Jenny - So you are the police dat want to fight for them abi.

Sorry I dont quarel wit ladies, but if u insist, no probs.

I only give trouble to any who requested for it.

"My first comment on your tribalism thread was "Must uche type wit a lousy big fonts"
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2011
fighting for who?did u read my reply wirh ur two eyes opened?

My tribalism thread,i can see u love the thread so much if not why will you keep posting here?

I did not bother with ur first post did not even bother to look,i clicked on d last page of my thread,read other pple's replies and saw ur replies,you kept on saying u won't waste ur time replying abi bragging sef,yet u keep quoting n replying them. Y not ignore since u can't waste your time?thats y i asked if you understand yourself,post and line
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by nwaigbomg(m): 5:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
LETS LOVE ONE ANOTHER

ALTHOUGH THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER

BUT, IT MUST BE TOLD.

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Iysayah(m): 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2011
thats why the whole lot of you never move forward! you never understand your past because you never break away from your past. Nigeria's future does not lie with this generation- boiling with tribal trivialities like nollywood. this is pitiful. your comments so far has reflected your upbringing, mentality, esteem, your shame, your utter disregard for respect to parents and other's opinion. O Nigeria ! why are you so blest with this ill- begotten generation? pheeeew!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by nwaigbomg(m): 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
Iysayah:

thats why the whole lot of you never move forward! you never understand your past because you never break away from your past. Nigeria's future does not lie with this generation- boiling with tribal trivialities like nollywood. this is pitiful. your comments so far has reflected your upbringing, mentality, esteem, your shame, your utter disregard for respect to parents and other's opinion. O Nigeria ! why are you so blest with this ill- begotten generation? pheeeew!

NICE COMMENT. MAY GOD BLESS U FOR THAT
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by londoner: 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2011
Non Yoruba and Hausa speaking  movies (Nollywood or however you want to term it) is the only brand of Nigerian movie which has been able to belong to Nigerians and Africans entirely. I'm sorry, but i must tell the truth, the Yoruba language movie genre seems very closed off to those who are not of Yoruba extraction or those who dont speak Yoruba, it seems quite cliquish IMO."Nollywood" has made it a NON ISSUE for an actor or actress to either be Igbo or speak Igbo in order to be successful.

Many talents from outside the "big three" have made their impact in Nollywood.

In a Yoruba movie, you have to become Yoruba,

Out of the three main tribes of Nigeria, the Igbo's seem to be much more open to the idea of adapting to accept/welcome others.
they dont have an arrogance or sense of self importance around the ability to make a stranger feel a distinct lack of belonging.

Even in real life this is the reality. Sadly.
Neither Yoruba or Hausa movies have embraced they're fellow Nigerian, instead of being defensive, other tribes should take a leaf out of the Igbo's book.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2011
londoner:

Non Yoruba and Hausa speaking movies (Nollywood or however you want to term it) is the only brand of Nigerian movie which has been able to belong to Nigerians and Africans entirely. I'm sorry, but i must tell the truth, the Yoruba language genre seems very closed off to those who are not of Yoruba extraction or those who dont speak Yoruba, it seems quite cliquish IMO."Nollywood" has made it irrelevant for an actor or actress to either be Igbo or speak Igbo in order to be successful.

Many talents from outside the "big three" have made their impact in Nollywood.

In a Yoruba movie, you have to become Yoruba,

Out of the three main tribes of Nigeria, the Igbo's seem to be much more open to the idea of adapting to accept/welcome others.
they dont have an arrogance or sense of self importance around the ability to make a stranger feel a distinct lack of belonging.

Neither Yoruba or Hausa movies have embraced they're fellow Nigerian, instead of being defensive, other tribes should take a leaf out of the Igbo's book.

Iysayah:

gohome:

Trust me He doesn't, He, just like me have noticed the rot tribalism has done to us and how people has be badly oriented because of lack of exposure. A word is suppose to be enough for the wise, buh my friend, unwise comments from unwise people needs tales trust me.

Now i would love you to criticize objectively, incase you dont know what that means, lemme explain, look for the point he made and dispute it simple. This forum is suppose to be a place where we share ideas even by arguing, share yours we want to learn.
mikeapollo:

It is a welcome development if other African countries express love for Nigerian musicians. It is normal and not new.
But please, do not over stretch the relevance or love for Yoruba/Igbo people in Ghana. The igbo people started going to Ghana only in recent times. The Yoruba people have been settling in Ghana long before the independence of Ghana.
Major business like Cocoa farming and other commercial activities etc were dominated by Yoruba people, especially from Oyo/Osun/Kwara axis many decades ago and the Ghanaian people have a lot of names/[hrases/aliases for the Yoruba. Infact Ghanaians did not know there were other Nigerian tribes apart from the Yoruba people untill the late 90s when more Nigerians started trooping back to Ghana.
Names/words like Anago or Alata are Yoruba words that were used to describe a Nigerian in Ghana up to today. The Mokola market (the biggest market in Accra) is coined from a Yoruba word ' Mokola'. Many Ghanaians are farmiliar with Yoruba songs of the yester years. In fact places like James Town and Lagos Town in Accra and Kumasi were dominated by Yoruba people.
The Ghanaians are genrally kind and loving people, so their love for Duncan Mighty/DBanj should not be translated on tribal sentiments. It is just an expression of their love for the act(music).
Yoruba people had a near perfect relationship with the Ghanaian host communities all the while until when other tribes from Nigeria started flocking into Ghana, and all of a sudden Nigerians in Ghana started having a very bad image. If not for the old time good relationship that existed between the mostly Yoruba Nigerian communities in Ghana in the 50s to 90s, the Ghanaian communities/government would have waged a SERIOUS campaign against Nigerians in that country.
The Yoruba people are known for living in peace with their neigbours, whether as hosts or as guests.

nice comments,
I was guessing only silly people are on NL, that was wrong, these comments have made me proud
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by londoner: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2011
@Gohome, you can comment on my comment if you like. That has been what I have experienced as someone who has been around Nigerians of various tribes (not Hausa as much though).

The inclusive face of Nollywood is testament to what I am saying. Thats neither here or there though. I personally prefer a Nollywood that I can see people from Calabar/Yoruba/Igbo/Edo etc rather than Nigerian films in which I only see Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo actors and actresses in any one film, wouldn't you?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2011
sure man. i still wonder how that is so hard for people to understand, tribalism is worse than corruption i still say it, it blinds us

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Uche Jombo Steps Out In Style / "Why I Want To Identify As Man" – Phyna / Mocheddah In Long Braids For Valentine's Day (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.