Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,598 members, 7,979,022 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:31 PM

Davido Says Don Jazzy And D'banj Were His Inspiration - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Says Don Jazzy And D'banj Were His Inspiration (356 Views)

Femi Kuti And D'banj 2004 Throwback Photo / Reekado Banks And D'banj To Work Together After Leaving Mavin Records / Wizkid And D'banj Chill Together At The Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido Says Don Jazzy And D'banj Were His Inspiration by Extrim(m): 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
Nigerian Singer and record label owner, Davido has said that Mavin record owner Don Jazzy and D'Banj were his musical inspiration.

The Mavin Records producer is definitely the biggest music producer in Nigeria and seems to have an influence on one of the country's biggest artists.

Davido made this statement while on Instagram live with Grammy Museum where he also said that just hanging around them inspired him.

In his comments, the D.M.W boss said;

"I remember seeing them with Jay Z and Kanye West in a room and honestly, they had a lot to do with me wanting to do music even though my father has also been a mentor.

"In the early stages of my career, I was like a one-man-band. I made the beat for the first single and equally recorded the song myself.

"I mixed and mastered Dami Duro myself. When I was getting bigger, I could no longer do everything myself.

"Now, I have producers and songwriters who I work with. I now believe in collective efforts.

"The business side of everything is important. Music is just about 30 or 40 percent."

The D.M.W boss is also a graduate who also said that him going back to school helped his concentration with what he wanted to achieve.

"It wasn't that I wanted to rebel, I was just in love with music. I could not concentrate on something else.

"I was slacking in school and other things I wasn't to slack in because of my love for music, I had to fight for it.

"It's what I knew I was destined to do. I was learning how to record, so I was slacking in other things.

"Music took over me."

Among Davido's list of awards include BET Awards, MAMA Awards, The Headies Awards, and a host of others.

[url]=https://the96illusion.com/2020/09/05/davido-says-don-jazzy-and-dbanj-were-his-inspiration/[/url]

Re: Davido Says Don Jazzy And D'banj Were His Inspiration by pheelhip(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2020
Frog Voice sef get Inspiration
Re: Davido Says Don Jazzy And D'banj Were His Inspiration by Extrim(m): 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
pheelhip:
Frog Voice sef get Inspiration

grin grin grin grin grin
God Nigerians eh
Davido don suffer for una hand
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Davido Says Don Jazzy And D'banj Were His Inspiration by blazepascal(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
davido no one man squad

(1) (Reply)

Encomiums As Winners Chapel Pastor Celebrate His Golden Age, Others / Child sent home for Covid Test after getting flu in School. Will yours resume? / Bollywood Star Says He Drinks Cow Urine Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.