Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,764 members, 7,930,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:18 AM

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons (51369 Views)

Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / Igbo Woman Reveals The Lady Who Made Her Convert To Islam. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by k4kenny(f): 9:20am On Sep 16, 2020
Xmuslim:
too bad you aren't ready to learn. The fact is you have been deceived by the point you raised but I was a bit busy to bring evidence to counter the apologist misleading point you mentioned. My intention is to bring the evidence to you on the thread I opened gradually whenever I'm free. But now you are not interested.: What evedence? Nonsense posts you went to copy and past from one anti muslim facebook page. Come to think of it. Your types constantly call religious folks gullible, yet you made a post filled with crap that you didn't bother to verify. Your stance against Islam was enough fo you to believe without verification. That's the textbook definition of a GULLIBLE person.

[s]Well, my intention is not to make you leave Islam[/s](it is). Far from that. I only want people to know that Islam is not the absolute truth as we've been brainwashed by the ulama and the apologist.

For example, there is a verse in the Qur'an that support marriage and sex to minor (those that have not menstrated menstruated).: Kindly list the specific chapter and verse. I'm waiting

Qur'an encourage beating of wives : Again a misintepratation. Like I said earlier, neither the Prophet nor the companions ever beat teir wives. Part of the last sermon of the Prophet was to be kind to your wives.

Hadith commanded killing of blasphemers and apostate : The Prophet was repeatedly insulted and mocked in his lifetime, No one was put to death for this. Lots of people left Islam to follow a false prophet. No one was recorded to have been put to death. Only those who plotted to kill the Muslims were put to death. The death sentence was a common penalty for high teason in those days.

Qur'an was not perfectly preserved as we have been told.
bla bla bla. Some sheep ate pages of the Quran init grin

Qur'an go against science

Qur'an go against common sense.

Quranic description of paradise is like a pórn house. Full of virgins (72 for martyers) with first breaṣt, transparent body, very fair. They become virgins again after men deflower them. again give me the chapter and verse specifically mentioning 72 virgins.

Nevertheless, I am not denying the good part of the Qur'an. Infact, they are more than the bad part. But people need to know the truth in order to live a balanced life. Even if they will continue with the religion, they will be more calm and more friendly and more tolerant
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 16, 2020
dataking:

Ewu. Illiterate

Ode, oloshi.
quran slave.

See where your lords dropped you in the picture!! Oponu!!

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 3:55am On Sep 17, 2020
k4kenny:
What evedence? Nonsense posts you went to copy and past from one anti muslim facebook page. Come to think of it. Your types constantly call religious folks gullible, yet you made a post filled with crap that you didn't bother to verify. Your stance against Islam was enough fo you to believe without verification. That's the textbook definition of a GULLIBLE person.

you don't need to be rude in a conversation. You can be civil while proving your point. Okay?

That aside, I will say this before I bring the evidence. You will definitely go against any evidence that weaken Islam even if it is in the Qur'an or hadith. You will find apologetics answer that suit you.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by dataking: 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
CHOPbeating:

Ode, oloshi.
quran slave.

See where your lords dropped you in the picture!! Oponu!!

No need wasting my time on a lunatic. Nairaland one time that matter �
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2020
k4kenny:

the verse in the Qur'an that support marriage and ṣèx to minor (those that have not menstruate.d)

https://quran.com/65/4?translations=17,19,20,21,22,85,95,18,84,101

Qur'an 65:4
And those who no longer expect menstru.ation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstru.ated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

Please check your tafseer before you reply
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 18, 2020
dataking:

No need wasting my time on a lunatic. Nairaland one time that matter �

Ewu goat...

Religious fanatic..
You better run off terrorism before it's too late..
Killers..
See your face..lol

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by k4kenny(f): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2020
Xmuslim:

the verse in the Qur'an that support marriage and ṣèx to minor (those that have not menstruate.d)

https://quran.com/65/4?translations=17,19,20,21,22,85,95,18,84,101

Qur'an 65:4
And those who no longer expect menstru.ation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstru.ated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

Please check your tafseer before you reply

Alright let's address that issue. There's no need to check any tafseer, the answer lies in the very first verse. The name of the Surah is At-talaq(the divorce) and it speaks extensively on the rulings surrounding divorce. Suratul Baqarah also broadly discusses this issue of divorce. But note the general term Allah used to refer to the female to be divorced:

65:1 O Prophet, when you(believers) intend to divorce your women...

2: 231 and 231: When you divorce women...

The word specified anywhere divorce is mentioned is nisa'a(women), a term used to describe matured females. Allah could have used the term wives(zawjat, imra'at or soohebat), or the word females(unthaa). Rather Allah in His infinite Wisdom repeatedly used the word women in all verses of divorce to emphasize that it's matured females that are to be married.

Now to the issue of wives that have not started their menses. Perhaps you don't know that it's very possible to be a full grown woman of marriagable age and yet not begin your menstruation. This is actually not so rare, some females begin their periods as late as 18 or 20 years. Though it'll be recommended to visit the gynae if the monthly period hasn't started as at the age of 15, but according to NHS.com, it's not uncommon for a lady to start her menses at the age of 18.

Allah is our Creator, Maker and Fashioner. He knows our anatomies cannot possibly be the same, there'll be few exceptions to the norms.... Does He who created not know?[67.14]. All praises to Him.
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 3:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
k4kenny:

Alright let's address that issue. There's no need to check any tafseer, the answer lies in the very first verse. The name of the Surah is At-talaq(the divorce) and it speaks extensively on the rulings surrounding divorce. Suratul Baqarah also broadly discusses this issue of divorce. But note the general term Allah used to refer to the female to be divorced:

65:1 O Prophet, when you(believers) intend to divorce your women...

2: 231 and 231: When you divorce women...

The word specified anywhere divorce is mentioned is nisa'a(women), a term used to describe matured females. Allah could have used the term wives(zawjat, imra'at or soohebat), or the word females(unthaa). Rather Allah in His infinite Wisdom repeatedly used the word women in all verses of divorce to emphasize that it's matured females that are to be married.

Now to the issue of wives that have not started their menses. Perhaps you don't know that it's very possible to be a full grown woman of marriagable age and yet not begin your menstruation. This is actually not so rare, some females begin their periods as late as 18 or 20 years. Though it'll be recommended to visit the gynae if the monthly period hasn't started as at the age of 15, but according to NHS.com, it's not uncommon for a lady to start her menses at the age of 18.

Allah is our Creator, Maker and Fashioner. He knows our anatomies cannot possibly be the same, there'll be few exceptions to the norms.... Does He who created not know?[67.14]. All praises to Him.

First, you can't interpret Qur'an without tafseer. Stop going to apologetics website for twisted answer that suite your mind. This interpretation is different from what the author of the Qur'an intended.

Check tafseer Ibn kathir and see for yourself that Allah was referring to the young who haven't reached the age of menstruation. I have attached it for you.

Why are we even debating whether Islam permit marriage to mine.or. Didn't Muhammad matrird Aisha at 6 and did what he did to her at 9?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 3:24pm On Sep 22, 2020
I expect k4kenny to accept that Islam permit marriage to mino.r like other sunni Muslims on this forum. They even admit that they are not ashamed of any Islamic rulings such as killing of apostate and blasphemous. However ridiculous

People like AntiChristian and the like will be surprised that their own sister is denying permissibility of marriage to unde.rage.
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by k4kenny(f): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
Xmuslim:

First, you can't interpret Qur'an without tafseer. Stop going to apologetics website for[b] twisted answer that suite your mind[/b] Ironic you'd say that grin. This interpretation is different from what the author of the Qur'an intended.

Check tafseer Ibn kathir and see for yourself that Allah was referring to the young who haven't reached the age of menstruation. I have attached it for you.

Why are we even debating whether Islam permit marriage to mine.or. Didn't Muhammad matrird Aisha at 6 and did what he did to her at 9?

I didn't go to any apologetics website as you claimed, I'm not like you who goes copying and pasting fron anti-Muslim websites and facebook pages. The concept of ladies having delayed menstruation is not a far fetched concept, it's not that uncommon.

The Qur'an is clear. In the pages where divorce was mentioned, the sole feminine term used was nisa'a(women). A little girl that is not matured cannot be referred to as a woman, there a lots of other terms that used to describe a young girl. There's no ambiguity in the word woman.

I don,t know where you got your screenshot from, but I have more confidence in the words used in the Qur'an than whatever any human being wrote, ibn Kathir might be a respected scholar, lets not forget he's also human. Allah used the word Women repeatedly in the verses of divorce, that should suffice anyone, except the one who desperately wants to satisfy his twistted misconception.

Really? Did you see her birth certificate to be sure of this? First of all, if you were the kind of muslim you claimed to be you should know that the pre Islamic Arabs were the most uneducated and uncivilised people. They kept no records of dates. Most of the dates we use in their histories were largely estimations.

Secondly, their leader used to manipulate their calenders during the times of war. They were required to stop their battles at the months of haram, in order to continue the wars, their leaders twisted the calender to avoid the sharul haram. Due to this, some years had far more than 12 months in them. Allah addressed it in the Qur'an. Again, no one can be sure of anyone's age.

Thirdly, This information of Aisha(RA)'s age at the time of marriage was joyously narrated by Aisha herself in her hadith. The hadith does mention she was 9 when she got married, but other hadiths narrated by Aisha herself contradicts this age. Another hadith claimed she was 5 years at the time the Prophet got his first revelation. She reportedly got married at the year 2AH. Let's do a little calculation...

If she was 5 at the time of prophethood(remember she may as well be older due to their poor record keeping), spent 10 years in Makkah, married 2 years after migration to Madinah.
5+10+2=17

Another hadith narrated by her sister Asma'a stated she was 30 years at the time of Hijrah. Multiple reports suggests that she was approximately 10 years older than Aisha. Tha makes Aisha approximately 20 years at the time of hijrah. she got married 2 years afterwards, that makes her 22.

You can see whay these hadiths can be quite contratictory. They were written and compiled by men, prone to errors in translations and transmission.

I can go on and on about how Aisha used to stand cheek to cheek with her husband, write lenghty poetry... A nine year old Ther was a battle shortly after the wedding where boys under 15 were told not to participate in. Guess who was fully involved in this battle, treating and bringing food supplies? 9 year old Aisha... makes sense abi.

I know you'll go back to your islamophobic pages for more screenshots. Again Allah is sufficient for us.

3 Likes

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by true2god: 7:45am On Sep 23, 2020
P1PrinceKT:
prophet Muhammadu S.A.W had never attended any School neither had he left his home town before The revelation comes upon him.

Unlike those who always claim to have brains for good reasonings.

No bro, Mohammed travelled a lot when he was under employment with Khadija, who later became his wife. He usually, on a caravan, move from Mecca to Allepo to sell goods.
Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by true2god: 7:53am On Sep 23, 2020
Realismailakabir:

Keith L. Moore

Professor Emeritus, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto.

He was amazed by the accuracy of the statements made in the Quran in the 7th century. Statements about embryology. Before anyone knew anything about it. These statements in the Quran could not be based on scientific knowledge of the time so it must have come from God. 

Q.23:12

وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا ٱلْإِنسَٰنَ مِن سُلَٰلَةٍ مِّن طِينٍ

And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay.
Q.23:13

ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَٰهُ نُطْفَةً فِى قَرَارٍ مَّكِينٍ

Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.

Q.23:14

ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا ٱلنُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا ٱلْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا ٱلْمُضْغَةَ عِظَٰمًا فَكَسَوْنَا ٱلْعِظَٰمَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنشَأْنَٰهُ خَلْقًا ءَاخَرَۚ فَتَبَارَكَ ٱللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ ٱلْخَٰلِقِينَ

Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah, the best of creators.

Q.23:15

ثُمَّ إِنَّكُم بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ لَمَيِّتُونَ

Then indeed, after that you are to die.

Q.23:16
ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ تُبْعَثُونَ

Then indeed you, on the Day of Resurrection, will be resurrected.

E. Marshall Johnson

Professor and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, and Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.

He also talked about embryology in the Quran. He said that Prophet Muhammad must have got this info from some source and that he has no issues that it came from God. 

T.V.N. Persaud

Professor of Anatomy, and Professor of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

He said for a man to make such profound statements about science in the seventh century is amazing. He said it could not be mere chance. 

Joe Leigh Simpson

Professor and Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.

He said he sees no conflict between genetics and Islam. He said Islam could guide science. He said the knowledge in the Quran is from God. 

Gerald C. Goeringer

Professor and Co-ordinator of Medical Embryology in the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA.

He said the Koran described human development and commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. He said nothing in history has seen such a feat besides current day science. 

Alfred Kroner

Professor of the Department of Geosciences, University of Mainz, Germany.

He talked about the origin of the universe and how it would be impossible for a man like Prophet Muhammad to know about this from his own mind. He said science today proves what the prophet said 1400 years ago. 

Yushidi Kusan

Director of the Tokyo Observatory, Tokyo, Japan.

He talks about astronomy and using telescopes. He said that the Quran has true facts about astronomy. 

Professor Armstrong

Professor Armstrong works for NASA and is also Professor of Astronomy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, USA.

He was amazed by what the Quran says about astronomy and how the ancient writing of the Quran agrees with modern science today. 

William Hay

Professor of Oceanography, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA.

He was very interested how this information in the Quran could have this science in it and that it must be from God. 

Durja Rao

Professor of Marine Geology teaching at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

He said that the Quran could not be simple human knowledge and must be from a Supernatural Force. 

Professor Siaveda

Professor of Marine Geology, Japan.

He said the Quran is almost unbelievable and a very remarkablebook. 

Tejatat Tejasen

Chairman of the Department of Anatomy and is the former Dean of the faculty of Medicine, University of Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand.

He said all the facts of science in the Quran can be scientifically proventoday. 

Maurice Bucaille

Born in 1920, former chief of the Surgical Clinic, University of Paris, has for a long time deeply interested in the correspondences between the teachings of the Holy Scriptures and modern secular knowledge.

He said it is impossible to explain how a book produced at the time of prophet Muhammad could contain ideas that have only been discovered today. How could a man know these facts without the slightest of error

https://untoislam.com/scientist-converts-to-islam
I don't know all the people you listed here except Neil Armstrong of NASA. I am not sure he was a professor (you can tell us the university he got his professorship). Again, Neil Armstrong NEVER converted to Islam.

If you can lie concerning Neil Armstrong, I doubt all the names you listed. Make your findings very well before posting.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
k4kenny:

I didn't go to any apologetics website as you claimed, I'm not like you who goes copying and pasting fron anti-Muslim websites and facebook pages. The concept of ladies having delayed menstruation is not a far fetched concept, it's not that uncommon.

The Qur'an is clear. In the pages where divorce was mentioned, the sole feminine term used was nisa'a(women). A little girl that is not matured cannot be referred to as a woman, there a lots of other terms that used to describe a young girl. There's no ambiguity in the word woman.

I don,t know where you got your screenshot from, but I have more confidence in the words used in the Qur'an than whatever any human being wrote, ibn Kathir might be a respected scholar, lets not forget he's also human. Allah used the word Women repeatedly in the verses of divorce, that should suffice anyone, except the one who desperately wants to satisfy his twistted misconception.

Really? Did you see her birth certificate to be sure of this? First of all, if you were the kind of muslim you claimed to be you should know that the pre Islamic Arabs were the most uneducated and uncivilised people. They kept no records of dates. Most of the dates we use in their histories were largely estimations.

Secondly, their leader used to manipulate their calenders during the times of war. They were required to stop their battles at the months of haram, in order to continue the wars, their leaders twisted the calender to avoid the sharul haram. Due to this, some years had far more than 12 months in them. Allah addressed it in the Qur'an. Again, no one can be sure of anyone's age.

Thirdly, This information of Aisha(RA)'s age at the time of marriage was joyously narrated by Aisha herself in her hadith. The hadith does mention she was 9 when she got married, but other hadiths narrated by Aisha herself contradicts this age. Another hadith claimed she was 5 years at the time the Prophet got his first revelation. She reportedly got married at the year 2AH. Let's do a little calculation...

If she was 5 at the time of prophethood(remember she may as well be older due to their poor record keeping), spent 10 years in Makkah, married 2 years after migration to Madinah.
5+10+2=17

Another hadith narrated by her sister Asma'a stated she was 30 years at the time of Hijrah. Multiple reports suggests that she was approximately 10 years older than Aisha. Tha makes Aisha approximately 20 years at the time of hijrah. she got married 2 years afterwards, that makes her 22.

You can see whay these hadiths can be quite contratictory. They were written and compiled by men, prone to errors in translations and transmission.

I can go on and on about how Aisha used to stand cheek to cheek with her husband, write lenghty poetry... A nine year old Ther was a battle shortly after the wedding where boys under 15 were told not to participate in. Guess who was fully involved in this battle, treating and bringing food supplies? 9 year old Aisha... makes sense abi.

I know you'll go back to your islamophobic pages for more screenshots. Again Allah is sufficient for us.
You should have just said you don't trust hadiths and the salafs and save us the stress.

You should have said you are one of those that interpret quran on their own regardless of the tafsir of the earlier Muslims that are regarded as salaf saliheen.

I thought you were sunni Muslim, I'm sorry I bothered you.

I like your type of Islam anyway. It is less dangerous to humanity. However, it is not the correct version of Islam

N.B. You didn't give any reference to all your claims about aisha age, but don't bother again. We're done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Xmuslim: 6:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
k4kenny:

I quite agree with you here.

But don't you know that it is the same set of people that compiled Qur'an too? If they reported hadith wrongly, you think they didn't made mistake in Qur'an compilation too?

Think about it deeply.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons by Debangis20(m): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2023
Masha Allah!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Baptist College Changed Dress Code To Accomodate Hijab In Australia / Prophet Muhammad's Letter To The Monks Of St. Catherine Monastery / How Do I Stop My Addiction To Zina (fornication)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.