Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,051 members, 7,919,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:53 AM

Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound (2428 Views)

Chinese Boss Filmed Whipping Men Tied To A Tree Jailed In Rwanda / Uniport Final-yr Student Shot Dead Outside His Compound In Rivers State / Gunmen Assassinate LAMBERT IGBINOWMAN, Ex Youth Chairman At His Compound In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:11am On Sep 06, 2020
Excuse my grammatical errors. I feel I should report this and know how people will think of this.

Our company name withheld for now is located at Abuja. I'm an engineer at one of their site outside Abuja but was brought to Abuja during March because of site temporary shut down caused by covid-19.

Let me go straight to the point and make it brief. This Chinese boss gave orders that no one is allowed to leave the yard 24/7 everyday since March, 2020, whenever his staffs living within the compound complain of things like they need to get food this or that,he declines and come up with a solution like only one person should go and get the orders of everybody inside. As a little bit matured guy in the company, I approached him one on one and ask why all this lockdown when the FG of Nigeria have eased the lockdown, he complained of not wanting his staffs(mainly cooks, drivers, security, administration staffs) living in the compound to go get covid-19 and give him and his fellow Chinese the virus.

I'm pained and writing this because this has also affected me since I live here now though I collabo with the gatemen and go out a little often but I feel caged like now there is light and his eyes are on the camera,I can't go to church. He has sacked different workers if any one dares to challenge him on this issue. I feel sorry for the staffs here because of the salary hope of getting at the end of the month they feel powerless.

Please Nairalanders what do you think about this?
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 06, 2020
You're a slave in your own country? Oh my God why did u create me a black man or is it d op that's just being slack or unwise.
If i were u, I will go to church and bar in the evening ( if not in my working hours). He dare not sack me thats if he doesn't want to leave Nigeria

A Chinese man is more likely to infect you with covid 19 more

7 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by soundlala: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2020
theres police n ur fist

1 Like

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Samakus(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2020
Nawa o. May God help every young person out there going through hell just to earn a living, just because we're unfortunate to have a shithole as a country.

Imagine the effrontery of Chinese emigrants treating Nigerians like trash in their own country knowing fully well that nothing will happen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 06, 2020
OP you are outright embarrassing yourself. How can you allow someone to enslave you in your country?

As a matter of fact, no one should address this matter. You should remain there because of your stupidity. Stay until he gives the all clear grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by SocialJustice: 10:35am On Sep 06, 2020
WowSweetGuy:
Excuse my grammatical errors. I feel I should report this and know how people will think of this.

Our company name withheld for now is located at Abuja. I'm an engineer at one of their site outside Abuja but was brought to Abuja during March because of site temporary shut down caused by covid-19.

Let me go straight to the point and make it brief. This Chinese boss gave orders that no one is allowed to leave the yard 24/7 everyday since March, 2020, whenever his staffs living within the compound complain of things like they need to get food this or that,he declines and come up with a solution like only one person should go and get the orders of everybody inside. As a little bit matured guy in the company, I approached him one on one and ask why all this lockdown when the FG of Nigeria have eased the lockdown, he complained of not wanting his staffs(mainly cooks, drivers, security, administration staffs) living in the compound to go get covid-19 and give him and his fellow Chinese the virus.

I'm pained and writing this because this has also affected me since I live here now though I collabo with the gatemen and go out a little often but I feel caged like now there is light and his eyes are on the camera,I can't go to church. He has sacked different workers if any one dares to challenge him on this issue. I feel sorry for the staffs here because of the salary hope of getting at the end of the month they feel powerless.

Take this to twitter, report with a new anonymous account, mention his name, company name and address while tagging Abike Dabiri, PMB, Chinese consulate in Nigeria, Gbajabiamila, Osinbajo, Sega, Gavel.

4 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 06, 2020
All these people beating their chests and advising you wrongly will not give you another job when you lose this one.

My advice: Be patient bro, you won't be indoors forever. If you are being taken care of inside, then just relax. Your boss will surely free you all, someday....soon. He's only trying to keep everybody safe!

The economy has not fully opened. Covid-19 is still very much around.

My friend who works with a first bank affiliate finance company still works from home, likewise his colleagues.

Calm down bro....it is well!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Xisnin(m): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2020
Misleading headline.
He didn't imprison you.
He gave a condition which you decided to accept.

You can pack your bags today and leave.
You didn't mention that anyone is free to leave if they are ready to lose their job.

And to those claiming a race-based victimhood.
You are very wrong. Chinese bosses are mostly authoritarian especially in their own country.

This "cruel" management approach is why they can deliver projects much faster
for the government to brag about while other contractors relatively moves at snail space.

6 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by dingbang(m): 10:58am On Sep 06, 2020
Can you imagine, And you are wailing here
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Unrated900(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2020
You are on house arrest

Just like Apc will be arrested come 2023

2 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by DaddyRochie1642: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2020
To Slap that your Chinese Boss dey hungry me,

Oga BeCareful, because I can assure you, that your Chinese Boss has a Gun Somewhere, that's why he's Confident in holding you people Hostage grin grin
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by LifeOfTrigga(m): 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
Bro, I understand the level and meself din work for factory before. But Wetin I go like tell you b say just Dey work until when salary near and when you have collected enough then raise your voice or do a video then post of the factory and shout out. I’m sure they will be trace down bruh, Cos if you challenge m urself. Uhmmm I no go like say e sack you too and then Naso you no go fit see money to cater for yourself again but just snap the company name and share it on social media with what’s going on the inside. Better people to locate and help una out, don’t mind posting it on Nairaland here. Freedom fighters Dey here too, even though Na foolish people Dey comment pass for Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Arthurity1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
WowSweetGuy:

Call the police.
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Lawly: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
Oga please try creating jobs for urself. That's the best thing you can do for urself else in this country, you will continue to see finish

1 Like

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by wisest10: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Drop the company name and see wonders if social media
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by DannyJ19(m): 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
Misleading Headline.

You have every right to leave if you want but, choose to stay because of your salary.

Conditions given and you accepted.

1 Like

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Mywd: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2020
Meanwhile the $$ that op is huslting to get by d end of the month,,, another pesin dey him room dey earn double...

Chaii....

Op abeg resign joor.. Or make all o una plan to do the man sumtin...

Is the company a chinese-owned??
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mywd:
Meanwhile the $$ that op is huslting to get by d end of the month,,, another pesin dey him room dey earn double...

Chaii....

Op abeg resign joor.. Or make all o una plan to do the man sumtin...

Is the company a chinese-owned??
Yes
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by andyanders: 5:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
SocialJustice:
Take this to twitter, report with a new anonymous account, mention his name, company name and address while tagging Abike Dabiri, PMB, Chinese consulate in Nigeria, Gbajabiamila, Osinbajo, Sega, Gavel.

Best option. Many of these companies are involved. like Indian companies. On guy works with Real Iron Company in Ogun and said they have been locked inside the company since March lockdown. They were not even allowed to see their families. They are all in jail there with over 400 Indians inside working. I believed these Indians inside the companies, don't even legal papers. We are finished.

1 Like

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by SocialJustice: 5:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
andyanders:

Best option. Many of these companies are involved. like Indian companies. On guy works with Real Iron Company in Ogun and said they have been locked inside the company since March lockdown. They were not even allowed to see their families. They are all in jail there with over 400 Indians inside working. I believed these Indians inside the companies, don't even legal papers. We are finished.
Very side.
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by thesicilian: 5:47pm On Sep 06, 2020
OcVoice:
All these people beating their chests and advising you wrongly will not give you another job when you lose this one.

My advice: Be patient bro, you won't be indoors forever. If you are being taken care of inside, then just relax. Your boss will surely free you all, someday....soon. He's only trying to keep everybody safe!

The economy has not fully opened. Covid-19 is still very much around.

My friend who works with a first bank affiliate finance company still works from home, likewise his colleagues.

Calm down bro....it is well!
Do these Chinese do the same in their country where the virus originated? You guys have become so whipped by poverty mentality that you'll do virtually anything just to earn a take home pay that might not even take you home.

1 Like

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by 444crop: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2020
Ewu gambia....u are being enslaved and u still dey hide company name.....u never serious

2 Likes

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2020
Any job paying you well in Nigeria treats you like a prisoner.
Except government job.
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by merieam16(f): 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2020
Hope ur boss hasnt steped out too since march buh this is serious sha

U had better start looking for better job or business you can look into

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by infogenius(m): 10:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
WowSweetGuy:

I will excuse you for your grammatical errors. However, there is an error i won't excuse. Why withhold the name of the company.Anybody that knows about what this company is doing can post this. What are you scared off?

He has given you enough reason to remain in his yard of leave and lose your job.
It seems to me like a factory job.
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by elisho: 11:41pm On Sep 06, 2020
this one na testings by the time the zoo country can't pay the loan you will see hell useless zoo country
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by austine4real(m): 11:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
Picture of the ur chinko boss locking u up or we don't believe

grin grin grin
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Tedpgrass: 12:11am On Sep 07, 2020
thesicilian:

Do these Chinese do the same in their country where the virus originated? You guys have become so whipped by poverty mentality that you'll do virtually anything just to earn a take home pay that might not even take you home.

In a country where unemployment is in Double figures and still rising, thanks to Covid.. with proposed tax increases coming in 2021 to further hike up the cost of living amidst poor social infrastructure.... You are best served keeping that job..

Your chestbeaters will not set up gofund accounts to help feed you and your family.

Best advice so far is to increase awareness via respective govt agencies anonymously...

Good luck!!

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Tedpgrass: 12:12am On Sep 07, 2020
444crop:
Ewu gambia....u are being enslaved and u still dey hide company name.....u never serious

There may be contractual obligations he has to keep.

Lastly the lack of a strong workers union aids these employers.

Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by 444crop: 2:34am On Sep 07, 2020
Tedpgrass:

There may be contractual obligations he has to keep.

Lastly the lack of a strong workers union aids these employers.

mehn if u understand how some of us are being treated in their countries eh.... Enough to beat the hell of any colored moto u find on d road
Re: Help. My Chinese Boss Has Imprisoned Us In His Compound by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 07, 2020
WowSweetGuy:

Fvcking Chinese. They started this virus angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seyi Makindes Thug On Killing Spree!!! Stay Away From Iwo Road Ibadan / Chidinma Ojukwu Arrives Court Today Looking All Fresh (Photos) / Why Are You (not) Afraid To Die,.?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.