Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,650 members, 7,937,933 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:21 PM

Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? (1880 Views)

President Buhari Unveils 1 Million Bags Of Rice Pyramids In Abuja (Pictures) / Over One Million Bags Of "Tinubu Rice" Flood North East / Taraba State Capable of Supplying Nigeria With Rice - Governor Darius Dickson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2020
flyingpig:
You are the one with audio lies. Where are your proofs? I'm speaking authoritatively but you have neither news links or statistics to back up your claims to a formal account.
kiss the truth broh... We feed the east
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arda1000(m): 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
kiss the truth dear. Thousands of Trailers of food is trooping down the east as we are talking.
lol which trailer, u mean the one with hundreds of Fulani xmen on in the name of bringing cows down East, Ogun strike you disfigured skull

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by bigpriik: 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2020
wink
flyingpig:
Says a tribal bigot and internet warlord undecided

OP you won't get the correct information with the way your head and thread have been spinned by internet trolls and bigots.

Ask the visitor who's been to ebonyi state to mention 7 streets in Ebonyi state and he would faulter. Meanwhile, I am from there and can categorically tell you ebonyi state is capable of producing that capacity. They've got low population index to land mass and a large array of fertile swampy land suitable for agriculture in the south, north, and central senatorial zones of the state. There's hardly a local government you'll go to in Ebonyi where you don't see some scattered swamps cultivated for rice.

Below is Governor Umahi stating Ebonyi harvets 190,000 tones of rice every year. And the news was released way back as 2016; 4years ago. That is a whooping 150million kilograms of rice. Now how many kilograms is a bag of rice? Do you see the amazing magic? cheesy I'm sure the capacity has increased about now because Ebonyi has several rice mills and clusters.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/how-we-grew-rice-production-in-ebonyi-to-190000-tonnes-this-year-gov-umahi/

Cc; bigpriik

Wooow!!! shocked shocked
That means ebonyi alone can feed the entire alaigbo and even have excess for export because 1 million bags of rice can feed 50million people for 3 months .. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arrewa: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2020
bigpriik:
wink

Wooow!!! shocked shocked
That means ebonyi alone can feed the entire alaigbo and even have excess for export because 1 million bags of rice can feed 50million people for 3 months .. cheesy
grin grin
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

Oga, no one is forcing you to leave your village for the north or south west. Staying back in your town is the first step.

You can't be scattered all over Nigeria and be making noise that one Nigeria holds you.

As for me, if I have the opportunity, all these would have been history.

Talk about placing the cart before the horse!

You want all Igbos to leave the rest of Nigeria to Alaigbo when they are yet to be guaranteed even a referendum never mind secession? We move back to Alaigbo and then what? Wouldn't we still have to deal with a National Assembly dominated and tilted towards the core muslim north? We move back to Alaigbo, meanwhile you will still be gorging yourself fat on our oyel and gas abi? The one we moved in 1966 when you couldn't guarantee our safety in the north, how did you react?

Why are you suggesting something you know is either impracticable or wouldn't achieve anything? Is it to buy time for 'one Nigeria' and make it look like you actually care?

5 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by vickyfrancis1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2020
oga you don't know what you are saying. Abia state produces rice also... check Bende LGA and parts of Isiukwuato and Arochukwu. anakogheri.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Anambra1stS0n: 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=Arrewa post=93638107]that was just a media propaganda!

The north still feed Ebonyi state [/quote
You feed the east and North West has the highest proportion of children who are stunted (55 percent), followed by the North East (42 percent) and North Central and Southeast rank the lowest in Malnutrition index, I wonder when you go get sense

6 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by LLobiorah: 6:29pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
stop deceiving yourself man.

Do you know how expensive land is in the east??

Do you know how many millions it cost to get a hectare of land in the east??

I knew all these when we were there to establish an agro deport in enugu.

The east need land... That's why east have been killing each other over 3 hectare of land

Dude, please stop talking trash. Lands are not expensive in some of the villages in the east. What's up with this shitty propaganda??

3 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
grin grin

Arewa Indeed.
Yoruba man defending North 24/7.

4 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Muna4real(f): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

The east need land... That's why east have been killing each other over 3 hectare of land

Bia Arewa or whatever you choose to call yourself. Can you just choose not to be stupid even if it's for just one day? You are very annoying. If you don't know anything about the south east, you either politely ask, or shut down that useless system of yours and get some sleep. Must you fill every thread on Nairaland with this hatred and stupidity? Even for common rice, you will still hate. Tufiaaakwa!!

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by kingceejay: 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
This arewa of a guy you are just too petty...please grow up.As someone said for common rice. It isnow 'rocket agriculture' to produce.
You sure say you smart at all.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by kingceejay: 7:56pm On Sep 06, 2020
This arewa of a guy you are just too petty...please grow up.As someone said for common rice. It is now 'rocket agriculture' to produce.
You sure say you smart at all.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Mistakemaker: 8:00pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
Ebonyi state is the only state in the south east with fertile land to farm rice and their government has invested so much in the Agricultural sector but unfortunately... They don't have enough land to feed the whole state.

They still depend on northern rice to survive... Ebonyi rice is very expensive and very low in quality to compare to northern rice.

That's why even within Ebonyi... They rush Arewa rice.

When it comes to Agriculture... Leave it for the north
No farming in the north again.. Bandits have taken over the lands.. Ebonyi and Enugu are the next destinations for mechanised agriculture
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Mistakemaker: 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2020
bigpriik:
Just want to know the agricultural capapability of ebony , especially if mechanized agriculture is applied ,can ebonyi produce 1 million bags of rice In a single planting season?
Yes Ebonyi and Enugu are very much available for mechanized rice farming.. There is a place called oduma in Aninri LGA and Adani, in Enugu they plant rice there too

Don't go to the north.. Don't mind Arrewa.. Bandits will kill u in the north

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Mistakemaker: 8:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
yes I have Been to not only Ebonyi state. I have been to all the eastern State. So I'm speaking from my observation.

Agayarigom na ala igbo... Ga nenyaria Anya nke Oma

You people are struggling for land to build house not for Agriculture
Northern rice is the worst in quality.. If bandits don't kill u before harvest sef.. Don't near North invest in East.. You can invest in Ebonyi or Enugu
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Mistakemaker: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:

Better to pay more to get a well secured land in Enugu than to pay for useless bandits infested land in the north.. People on zamfara, kano, katsina and sokoto and even Southern kaduna can't even farm again.. That's the bitter truth
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2020
theenchanter:
1m bags of rice is just 50000 tons, ebonyi state installed capacity should be more than that.....
With improved seeds ...u only need 5000 hectares of land with two time a year planting ...u can even plan rice 3 times a year with irrigation

They can do 10 million bags per year

Anambra can do 8 to 10 million too , enugu can do 3 to 8 million

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by bigpriik: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

With improved seeds ...u only need 5000 hectares of land with two time a year planting ...u can even plan rice 3 times a year with irrigation

They can do 10 million bags per year

Anambra can do 8 to 10 million too , enugu can do 3 to 8 million

No wonder!I was wandering how Israel is able to export food ,infact she is a major exporter of food to Europe with just 22,000sqkm2 of desert and rocky landmas.. shocked shocked

We are even lucky the Southeast is mostly plain land with good rainfall.
But the question is why is food such a big deal in Nigeria With all our landmass?
#500 no even reach to chop belleful tufaiii! angry

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2020
bigpriik:

No wonder!I was wandering how Israel is able to export food ,infact she is a major exporter of food to Europe with just 22,000sqkm2 of desert and rocky landmas.. shocked shocked

We are even lucky the Southeast is mostly plain land with good rainfall.
But the question is why is food such a big deal in Nigeria With all our landmass?
#500 no even reach to chop belleful tufaiii! angry

I have invested in rice farm and left it
We hardly produce 2 tons per hectares
Thailand do average of 10 tons

So improved seeds can easily give us 5 tons
Modern rice takes 105 days to mature and harvest ...u can shorten that time by doing nursery and stack them so they only spend like 80 days in the open fields ....that's 80x 3 ...that's 240 says in a year ...that's 15 tons per hectares can go as high as 30 tons ...so one hectare in Igbo land can produce what 20 hectares I'm the north can produce in a year ...farming now is pure science

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Bluealamajiri: 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
I am not sure.
dokyOloye:

Yes,easily.
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by idumarase(m): 11:07pm On Sep 06, 2020
Arrewa:
yes I have Been to not only Ebonyi state. I have been to all the eastern State. So I'm speaking from my observation.

Agayarigom na ala igbo... Ga nenyaria Anya nke Oma

You people are struggling for land to build house not for Agriculture
you only visited abakaliki not ebonyi. You saw one rice mill at that place. Not the whole of ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Blue3k(m): 11:12pm On Sep 06, 2020
bigpriik:
Just want to know the agricultural capapability of ebony , especially if mechanized agriculture is applied ,can ebonyi produce 1 million bags of rice In a single planting season?

Quantify how big the bag is then we can answer. Then answer how much arable land is available. Those two factors will determine of it's possible.
Re: Is Ebonyi State Capable Of Producing 1 Million Bags Of Rice? by Arda1000(m): 5:44am On Sep 16, 2020
Arrewa:
kiss the truth dear. Thousands of Trailers of food is trooping down the east as we are talking.

We feed the east
I don't see your trailers down here aside the illegal migrants from your bleeped up region loaded in trailers with few cows loaded in it to make it look like they bring cows, we know the real truth, don't worry, in due time we will get ride of you guys out of our land, besides if food is there wtf you guys doing here with thousands of Amajiri beggers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Will Make The Mistake Abacha Made And Hell Will Be Let Loose. / Oyo Deploys Over 200 Amotekun Operatives To Deal With Fulani Warlord, Iskilu Wak / "Yoruba Newspaper" - Simon Ekpa, IPOB Members Slam Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.