Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,150 members, 7,943,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart (1334 Views)

My Girlfriend & I Ended Our Relationship Because Of Reno Omokri's Tweets, Advice / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2020
[quote author=MrKoi post=93639919][/quote]You can not serve God and Mammon. you talk about your relationship with God and you say that you don't feel like to do it. feeble mind, what has light to do with darkness? Doing the sacrifice is building on a wrong foundation in your marriage, you are entering a fetish covenant and brother, go and read your bible about covenants; Even God Almighty respect covenant, when the gods of that covenant remember to visit you in the future, your God that you claim to have a relationship with will just be watching you. You know Little or nothing yet about the said sacrifice.
I know a lot about tradition, and how they work, i can share some experience of friends and family members with you.
My advice for you is to avoid any form of sacrifice either directly or indirectly. If you must Mary the girl stand your ground as a true Christian, no compromise.

2 Likes

Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by MrKoi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Kobicove:

How come is it that you're from the same tribe yet you don't know of this cultural practice? undecided

Anyway I would advise you do it

I'm not an Ibibio man.
Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by AyinUyo: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
MrKoi:

I'm not an Ibibio man.
if she's from ibiono Ibom, it's called mkpo Adiaha owo. it's a ritual you perform to the girls ancestors. you can't marry the girl if you don't do it
Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by MrKoi(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
AyinUyo:
if she's from Ibiono Ibom, it's called mkpo Adiaha owo. it's a ritual you perform to the girls ancestors. you can't marry the girl if you don't do it

I think it's generally about the Ibibio tribe because she's not from Ibiono Ibom.
Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by Blackmann001: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2020
excellence44:

I encountered the same challenge in 2014. She refused to tell me the truth until it was too late to turn back. My folks asked me to ditch but I said no because of love. No regrets. If she had told me earlier, I bet you I will just put an end to the relationship.
Reason for my advice above.
Girls should stop deceiving men into marriage because she and her family pretend all through to the last moment.

What is deceive in all you said....marriage is all about Tue two of u guyz...or was sh fake with her feelings..?

Dt a thing is her tradition ,is sh d one that formed it..? Feeling like u came from the clouds and don't have tradition

Suppose ur wife to be decided never to allow ur family ppl wash her feet as sh tries to enter the house if her groom,shebi u would call her disobedient..? But are you the one that formed the tradition even if u claim it doesn't hurt anyone

I know the tradition the OP is talking about..and its harmless just like feet washing in Yoruba land..its a southeastern traditiom where you have to buy goat and give to the family in a small scale. Gathering where her mom takes the main parts of it..finish!

He is now painting it as if he is angel and the gals family are evil.... Fake people everywhere
Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by EaglesEyes1(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2020
Teachermallam:
You can not serve God and Mammon. you talk about your relationship with God and you say that you don't feel like to do it. feeble mind, what has light to do with darkness? Doing the sacrifice is building on a wrong foundation in your marriage, you are entering a fetish covenant and brother, go and read your bible about covenants; Even God Almighty respect covenant, when the gods of that covenant remember to visit you in the future, your God that you claim to have a relationship with will just be watching you. You know Little or nothing yet about the said sacrifice.
I know a lot about tradition, and how they work, i can share some experience of friends and family members with you.
My advice for you is to avoid any form of sacrifice either directly or indirectly. If you must Mary the girl stand your ground as a true Christian, no compromise.
I agree with u, Love over ur religious belief, never!!
Re: An Obnoxious Cultural Practice Is About To Tear Our Relationship Apart by Fidecoo(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
Give to Ceasar, what belongs to Ceasar! !.

It's their daughter (from that community)you are getting married to and not your daughter.

So respect their customs & traditions since you want to take 1 of their own!!.

Hand wey carry himself go palm oil,
Na him palm oil go stain.
Unless if you are been force to marry her ,
Which is never to late to back off.

My little advice and opinion, sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

How We Went Off The Rail Trying To Raise Children To Be Religious. / She Tells You No Once, Forget Her And Her Entire Generation / As A Lady, Don't Date A Man If You Don't Have 1.5 Million Naira In Your Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.