Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,506 members, 7,914,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:40 PM

Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND (670 Views)

Why Are Backend Developers Paid More Than Frontend Developers? / A Simple Php Sms Api For Absolute Beginner. / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by engrjoshua: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2020
Web development is a hot thread in this 21st century with a whole lot of job opportunities.
In this thread, we are going to be talking about several programming language for developing powerful website.
This thread is intended for absolute beginner who are seeking a career in web development with no prior experience. Others are also welcome as their experience and knowledge would be beneficial to all.
We are going to be discussing about web development, the various stacks and then move to HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT and other stacks.
Feel free to drop your questions in the comment box.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by engrjoshua: 9:43am On Sep 08, 2020
Web development
Think about web developers as those who turn the designs into a live website. Web developers uses web languages and software tools to develop the design and functionality of a website.
Notice, that web developers are further split into two sub-categories; front-end developers, and back-end developers. I see front-end developers as the connection between both web designers and back-end developers, as having a little knowledge of both, would allow a front-end developer to build a fully working website. A front-end developer is the one who builds the interface, and provides the layout as the interaction between the back-end of the website and the user.

Front-end developers use three main languages; Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), and JavaScript (JS). With these languages, a developer is able to create a full-fledged website. From the main design layout, to inserting images, applying different types of typography and font families, implementing animations, the flow of different pages, form interfaces, and more.

Back-end developers are those who control the server data and requests. Usually a website requires back-end services if it contains dynamic data. This means, for example, users submitting a form with personal data (such as creating an account), or saving an article for your blog page. Generally, if the website requires data to be saved, and making it accessible at a later stage, it means that it would also need a database connection. Database connections are made possible by a direct connection from the server itself. Thus, a back-end developer then uses server languages such as PHP or ASP.NET, and writes database queries by using languages such as SQL or MySQL.
Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by engrjoshua: 9:50am On Sep 08, 2020
What are the main roles of a web developer:

Building the actual interface through which a user interacts with the website. This interface is built by front-end developers using HTML, CSS, and JS languages.
Front-end developers can use styling preprocessors, javascript libraries, and frameworks to fasten the process of development (see my previous article).
Front-end developers provide the markup design to back-end developers, so they can implement a dynamic website, and submit all the required data on the server and databases.
Back-end developers create the backbone of the website using languages such as PHP and MySQL.
Both front-end and back-end developers can use the same development environments or IDEs (Integrated Development Environment). These are software application tools where you code and build the structure of the website.
Web developers may also use versioning tools to keep a history of the previous builds. This will help them to quickly and effortlessly move back to a previous “unbroken” version if required to do so.

1 Like

Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by engrjoshua: 9:54am On Sep 08, 2020
Since we now understand what web development is, the various stacks and their role.
We will be diving deep into HTML which is known as HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE.
Almost every website consist of HTML
I normally classify HTML as the skeleton behind every website, then CSS (cascading stylesheet) as the flesh that gives the body some beauty and styles.
In the next few post, we are going to be looking at such basic HTML tags

1 Like

Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by ChingaOne: 9:58am On Sep 08, 2020
Is web development still marketable in 21 century
Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by engrjoshua: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2020
ChingaOne:
Is web development still marketable in 21 century

Extremely marketable as long as you know your onions very well.
A whole lot of opportunities apart getting a job.
I personally made my first half a million in less than three months.
Talking from experience.

The truth is so many web developer as they claim don't actually know what they are doing

2 Likes

Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by Arewaitech: 5:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Great job sir. We are following.
Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by Abcruz(m): 12:42am On Sep 20, 2020
engrjoshua:

Extremely marketable as long as you know your onions very well.
A whole lot of opportunities apart getting a job.
I personally made my first half a million in less than three months.
Talking from experience.

The truth is so many web developer as they claim don't actually know what they are doing

Nice work pls continue Sir.
Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by engrjoshua: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
Thanks for showing up.
I will definitely continue after giving up already because it seems nobody was following.
Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by softworldsystem(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2020
Iam here and following with respect
i have been looking for an ooportinity like this , not ready made where i will hav to read and read , please ride on
Re: Web Development Thread For Absolute Beginner | FRONTEND| BACKEND by OgunrinolA20(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sir please Continue am enjoying your <article>SIR</article>

<p>And this is my 07017840486 contact Sir, can you please share yours with me. Thanks Sir and God bless you Sir</p>

(1) (Reply)

All You Should Know About The Hacktivist Group: Anonymous / Are There Reliable Game Builders In Nigeria? / Kt200 Read Renault Bosch Ms6.2 Ud Ge13tc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.