Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,619 members, 7,941,378 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely (20682 Views)

Niger Delta University Closed Indefinitely Over Protest / OAU-Ife Students Fetch Water From Stream (Pictures) / Man Beaten For Molesting OAU-Ife Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by GboyegaD(m): 11:36am On Feb 28, 2011
I am proud I graduated from OAU, Ile Ife. While Management has chosen out of their corrupt thoughts to increase acceptance fees, I think what the SUG did not do well was exploring all forms of negotiations. In my opinion, following the increment in the 2002/2003 session wherein we stayed 12months at home due to protest in school fees and ASUU strike, we eventually paid the new sum Rogers mandated because we chose to keep protesting than negotiating.

When the new acceptance fees was introduced, why did Union not discuss with Management towards reducing the amount? If they did, what was Management's reaction? They might have reduced it but Union left the students to pay the money and they are now requesting a refund which seems practicably impossible.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by eddiet1: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2011
well, i must confess OAU is a great sch but the bottom line is, when are we going to resume?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
eddie t dat wan na jamb question grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Hanoobaba(m): 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2011
Ever stand well well great Ife students, I salute your doggedness and your resolute stand on the issue of increment in acceptance fee and imposition of TISHIP on us. But the fight is far from over. I hope we wont resume to hear the gory tale that all our votes have been sold to PDP. Like someone said, faborode is an animal and I pray June 23 comes real fast so that he can leave for us. Amandla Awetu
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Soskid(m): 1:52pm On Feb 28, 2011
Greatest Ife, dis is not d time to lament but the time to understand that nothing good can come 4rm Faborode and his PDP co-horts, meanwhile, some people have been raining abuses on union leaders which of course i dont blame such people. Despite series of threat they have been made to go thru, , Even in America, Negroes fought tirelessly 4 freedom,
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Jarus(m): 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2011
Great Ife students, vote for BUHARI/BAKARE. Great Ife is a progressive school, let's vote for the progressive ticket.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by adebayo201: 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2011
I'v read almost al post bt sum pple are makin mistake. Had it been we rsume a wik b4 fresherz rsumptn almost al of us wil praise Fjay nd his crew. They muv round d sch nd environz 2 deny studnt of payin d 20k bt Faborode nd his cohort go on 2 shut d sch nd snd stalit parkin.
It wil b my joy if we realy kno wat d SU hav pax tru nd d studnt at large!
Faborode is an adamant man nd i kno 4 sure dt e wil av an informat on diz site. I dnt care. Wat is givin me concern is wat wil b d outcum even afta our rsumptn. Wil d mony b rfund,wil d mony b usd as against next sessn. Al fingerz croxd!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by gwas(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
@ gwas and co.make una no vex.na aluta una com skul go do.dem go star your certificate with aluta continua.may d peace of d lord be with u in your vain struugles.aluta my backside hole.i talk like a baby,while u havent even gotin a bloody bsc certificate talkless of nysc.truth is bita,but it stil remains d truth Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin enu e lewa
@kulyie,
who's an undergraduate? i graduated in OAU three years back. i spent two years in UI before crossing to that great school. the two schools are incomparable. im so proud of IFE.
kulyie,once again, u are a baby!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
Jarus:

Great Ife students, vote for BUHARI/BAKARE. Great Ife is a progressive school, let's vote for the progressive ticket.
why is everyone hyped about the bb ticket?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by gwas(m): 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2011
great ife
great ife
africa's most beautiful campus
forward vigilance progressive
aluta against all oppression
forward ever backward never
for learning and culture,sports and sruggle
great ife
great
i love u
there's only one great ife in the universe
another great ife is a counterfeit
great   great    great    great    great
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by adebayo201: 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
Tunsbobo:

why is everyone hyped about the bb ticket?
i kno no 4 dm oh! Weda na bb ticket go make faborode nd his cohort rfund frshaz mony? Abi na d ticket dm go use ropen sch. . . (hiss)
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by rhymz(m): 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2011
GboyegaD:

I am proud I graduated from OAU, Ile Ife. While Management has chosen out of their corrupt thoughts to increase acceptance fees, I think what the SUG did not do well was exploring all forms of negotiations. In my opinion, following the increment in the 2002/2003 session wherein we stayed 12months at home due to protest in school fees and ASUU strike, we eventually paid the new sum Rogers mandated because we chose to keep protesting than negotiating.

When the new acceptance fees was introduced, why did Union not discuss with Management towards reducing the amount? If they did, what was Management's reaction? They might have reduced it but Union left the students to pay the money and they are now requesting a refund which seems practicably impossible.
. . . You are the very few here thinking loogically without emotions beclouding your judgement.
I ve made that point before, even if the SUG and students decide to stay for one year, only little will change(may be a reduction that will later still go upe). In retrospect the whole protest and the resultant strike would ve been a bad idea. And ppl wey don graduate comot, some sef 4rn other schools go dey shout aluta continua to una undergrads, una go dey here dey vibrate and dey ginger rubbish. . . .una better use una head
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2011
rhymz:

. . . You are the very few here thinking loogically without emotions beclouding your judgement.
I ve made that point before, even if the SUG and students decide to stay for one year, only little will change(may be a reduction that will later still go upe). In retrospect the whole protest and the resultant strike would ve been a bad idea. And ppl wey don graduate comot, some sef 4rn other schools go dey shout aluta continua to una undergrads, una go dey here dey vibrate and dey ginger rubbish. . . .una better use una head
Read Adebayo's post up there! Do not choose from the one to read which serves ur whim, and the one to avoid, which did not seem to satisfy u. Read all! Make clinical and unprejudiced assertion afterwards!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Tunsbobo(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2011
Johnpaul88:

Read Adebayo's post up there! Do not choose from the one to read which serves your whim, and the one to avoid, which did not seem to satisfy u. Read all! Make clinical and unprejudiced assertion afterwards!
seconded!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by happyday: 11:34am On Mar 01, 2011
All eyes open,everyone,harrasment everywere on OAU campus,students still around on Sunday evening beaten to stupor by crackers.

Way FORWARD?
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by gbemmy2k10(m): 3:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
Way forward any SU LEADERS in this forum
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2011
@ gwaslol like a giv a Bleep if u went to oau n ui n finished 3 yrs ago? am sure ur shalow minded brain dint tel u dat a proud two yr graduate from God's own university,babcock is no baby intelectually,financially,socially and in all ramification of being a graduate from one of d posh universities in nigeria.where people abide by d laws dey signed on d matric day. (rational,thinking human beings) dat behave in a civilized manner.n not some street urchin potential graduate who act b4 dey think.if u probably come to d world again if u like put d cart b4 d horse.i wasnt only trained to be a graduate i was also trained to behave classy in conduct,dressing,mode of comunication and poise.which is in very few among oau undergraduates.if i'm anoyin u dat bad u can go lie down in front of third mainland bridge.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by reindeer: 12:40am On Mar 02, 2011
I dont know if it's just me, do i sense a disconnect between the two highlighted statements? cheesy

kulyie:

@ gwaslol like a giv a bleep if u went to oau n ui n finished 3 yrs ago? am sure your shalow minded brain dint tel u dat a proud two yr graduate from God's own university,babcock is no baby intelectually,financially,socially and in all ramification of being a graduate from one of d posh universities in nigeria.where people abide by d laws dey signed on d matric day. (rational,thinking human beings) dat behave in a civilized manner.n not some street urchin potential graduate who act b4 dey think.if u probably come to d world again if u like put d cart b4 d horse.i wasnt only trained to be a graduate i was also trained to behave classy in conduct,dressing,mode of comunication and poise.which is in very few among oau undergraduates.if i'm anoyin u dat bad u can go lie down in front of third mainland bridge.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by whyx06(m): 8:29am On Mar 02, 2011
@ all, please What's the latest in OAU
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by tunde300us(m): 8:50am On Mar 02, 2011
Dem say ur VC has turned to gadhafi beating up student that are still around on campus.How can this country make progress when VC give this kind of orders to its private watch guard.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by seyicash(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2011
i believe some pple just can deal with the fact that ife is the greteast, anyway the fight is not about the present generation that would pay the 20,000 but for the future to hinder further outrageous increament. we have to stand and fight, we can all not be manipulated in this nation, someone has to stand for himself and dats wat greatife students exihibit, rumours have it that greatife will come back oN board around the convocation tym or closely after. lets fold our hands and see hw tins unfold, of the greatest ife, shenzy signing out[color=#006600][/color]
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Manuel87: 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
am a fresha and i participated fully in d protest, wat i tink is dat d whole bodies governin education in osun state are INCOMPETENT, let d strike begin
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
I have read nd thought about everybodi's post,i think everybodi is entitled 2 his or her opinion.As 4 me, i know 4 a fact that this increment can't be reversed by faborode.shikena.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Mycain: 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
We pray & hope dt the issue's resolved as quickly as possible.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by whyx06(m): 10:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
Y Mr Fabrod doesn't want to listen to the voice of the less PRIVILEGE, Na wa oo !!! Aluta continual, victory 4 sure,
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by sonickay(m): 9:02am On Mar 03, 2011
Greatest Ife, d fight is not only freshers own but include stalites too. 2 dose feeling Aluta is craziness, madness, aw frivolous? We aren't wasting time. As a law student, i can't watch while d v.c oppresses students using logical ways, crackers and state security men. Most people blaming students don't know all dis? D implication of keeping shut is dat Faborode will leave his legacy 4 d next v.c. who will follow his steps. Fighting then won't be easy, freshers may have to pay 100,000 as acceptance fee next year as management said dey are "testing, testing, testing, " so if u are a coward & traitor dat wont join a fight on reasonable locus standi "we will". Dey oppress students, indirectly exploit parents, guardians & students who pay d fees, it's bad. Increment is not justified to me because amenities on campus is very downgrading, e.g. dat we queued for tap water till 8pm-2am, e.t.c. v.c. (as a pdp politian(chieftain) he is would have replied to queries) argument to students "dat dey pay over 100,000 in babcock and covenant" and so? We have to? To newsmen he said "lazy, belligerent students and outsiders conjectured with student union leaders to cause unrest on campus" See that? And you tell of i am stupid? Nigerians lets reason, its education and not biz.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by sonickay(m): 9:17am On Mar 03, 2011
Kunley pls stop harassing ur papa 4 God's sake.leave us alone and dont b a distraction. V.c. Stirred up lot of distractions and Postponed stalites resumption by 2weeks(using crackers to lock dem out) so SUG will be incapacipated if not the fight wud av been won now. for ur info. my papa earn 14,500 a month so ur papa earns 2.5m a month.u can see capability is diff. capability.
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by adebayo201: 3:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
Hmmm. . . Make dex ppl ans us oh!
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by dancenony: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2011
kulyie, u are a very good writer. u cud recharge ur fone with 2000 naira and have u heared that many families in Nigeria live beyong 1 dollar per day? i know ur popsy's money if atall it is to be reckon with has taken away ur humanity, shud i remind you that oau is not meant for people like you thats why i suggested u shud hav gone back to babcock for ur masters thats if the schol is even qualified for masters programs, i wudnt know. and u wan change enviroment and u chose to come to aluta school like oau, why didnt u go to Harvard or Cambridge, u want to come here and form rich kid, yaa ur popsy has money to throw around and live oau for the people the schol was founded for, have you ever come across the IDEA behind the foundation of oau?? the interest of people like you was not included there, since u can load 10 thousand naira worth of credit
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2011
@ dancenony i'm nt distractin anyone its just my opinion.wots my biznes comin to skul to form "rich kid" wen am nt a gal.i dont av tym 4 dat kinda sh*t.i only breeze in to ife c my suervisor n get out asap.i'm only filin sory n bad 4 d serious minded ones around u dat rily want to read n weather d storms of education.of cos everyone has chalenges.some financial,some low iq (like a many u around here) dont min to b disrespectful,u guys av a point wen u say u want to FIGHT 4 UR RYT bt u can do dat with civlized means of comunication.aftral d bible says a gentle ansa turns away wrath.no mater how storbon n stony hearted faborode is if u had gone to him respectfuly n made him c reasons dat d fis r unafordable,even his goons will beg 4 students n say "awon omo yi ni oro gidi lenu,e jeka consida won" bt u go n mit a storbon man with gra gra of cos he'll say am up to d task,e bami nibe.dis tin was so very unavoidable.realy it was
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2011
remembrin my alma mata n singin d anthem

Hail babcock gods own university
building A FUTURE 4 D YOUTH
HOLISTIC EDUCATION,d vision is stil aflame
MENTAL,physical social,spiritual babcock is it.
Hail babcock Gods own university BUILDING A NATION FOR D YOUTH
and babcok has laid and indelible foundation n nation 4 me and my friends dat ill neva 4get.not only was i tot to be civil,even under provocation,babcock aided in my youth service and in securin a job.dey really lived up to their anthem cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: OAU-Ife University Closed Down Indefinitely by Oshosam(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2011
Awon kan nsokun, awon kan nsodun!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Typical Nigerian Universities In Meme Collection / 2021 UTME: JAMB Announces Registration Date, Makes NIN Compulsory / Total 2018/2019 Scholarship - Apply Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.