Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,354 members, 7,940,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

The Silent Pen That Speaks (poem) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Silent Pen That Speaks (poem) (291 Views)

Dance With Me (silent Whispers) / Chimamanda Adichie Speaks Pidgin English, Reveals What Feminism Means To Her / When Love Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Silent Pen That Speaks (poem) by Opuala(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2020
The pen is my best friend cos each time I pick it up to write It tells me how powerful she (pen) is And yet is doesn't talk on like the gun that make noise. As the days goes by it is getting clearer cos I don't need a mirror to tell me who I am. Cos I see myself from the inside and my heart hears well than that of my ears. To me is not the blood that flows in my veins that matter but the message it carries to my brain. Which is why it is hard for you to read my thoughts cos I don't talk, But my silent heart speaks louder than anything else. But how can you hear the loudness of my heart when you can't get inside? The truth is I won't allow you cos I now know that both the pen and the gun kills which is the mind. But only the gun pays for her crime what happened to the pen? I guess she (pen)is above the law. I pray she (gun) will learn not to raise her voice when talking only then will she have few enemies. Which is why I castle my mind from any external invasion Cos the threat of Napoleon Bonaparte is real. Just know that the crown and the papacy are not good friends so pick your ally carefully, if I were you I will remain neutral. So that I will be able to borrow from both the U.S and China. But what if I choose to be Madagascar will I be able to get a train to South Africa?
©️ Opuala 2020

(1) (Reply)

My Journey Through Singlehood By Christiana Oghogho Okafor / Stop Police Brutality / British Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.