Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,484 members, 7,911,137 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 05:16 AM

Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off (1825 Views)

Does This Type Of Failed Transfer Transaction Happen Abroad? / Opay Transaction History / Is 95k For Samsung Galaxy S9 (open Box) A Rip Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by moscow406(m): 1:23am On Sep 11, 2020
Top of the morning(or midnight) to all Nairalanders, I need advice on helping a friend out.

A good friend and colleague of mine, an aspiring entrepreneur was ripped off during a cryptocurrency transaction about two weeks ago; bearing in current policies on cryptocurrency transactions, I know it may be uncertain but I hope your help can go a long way in reclaiming his money.

THE STORY
According to him, he was added to a TELEGRAM group that's about cryptocurrency exchange, he didn't know who added him (a lot of people has his contact details though). He said he saw a lot of transactions going on on the group (BTC and Ethereum) with claims of evidence posted for such transactions. As a kind of person who loves to make use of opportunities, he decided to transact with a member of the group; my friend needed Ethereum coins. He and the seller decided they needed a middleman and the seller suggested he (the seller) would contact the Admin. of the group. He contacted the so called Admin. of the group and the person sent his account details. My friend was asked to send his wallet link which he did. He transferred the amount for the transaction; more than #70 000 to the so called Admin. who confirmed to have received it on the group. Immediately he received it, my friend was removed from the Telegram group and the seller has blocked him. Not a single coin was sent to my friend's wallet.

My friend has reported to the bank, but the bank asked him to report to EFCC about the fraudulent practice; they said EFCC will give both party's banks the directives.

He doesn't want to report to the Nigerian Police Force because they might just ask for money without providing any substantial solution - he has lost enough money as it is.

PROBLEMS
Because he was added to the group and not a direct link, he doesn't have the number of the seller or the Admin. but he can get one of those numbers from the bank through his transaction.

He also ignorantly deleted he conversations by reporting it them as spam to Telegram hoping they could do something about. He said he can't find the messages and didn't screenshot them.

I know the deal was all kinds of shady when he narrated his ordeal, and I've cautioned him about transacting on the net. No amount of abuse meted on him can recover his funds, only ways to go about it can. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO HELP HIM OUT. Thank you
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Mike23r: 1:29am On Sep 11, 2020
he should be persist with his bank and he need police a bit..
Efcc way too high
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Lexusgs430: 1:54am On Sep 11, 2020
moscow406:
Top of the morning(or midnight) to all Nairalanders, I need advice on helping a friend out.

A good friend and colleague of mine, an aspiring entrepreneur was ripped off during a cryptocurrency transaction about two weeks ago; bearing in current policies on cryptocurrency transactions, I know it may be uncertain but I hope your help can go a long way in reclaiming his money.

THE STORY
According to him, he was added to a TELEGRAM group that's about cryptocurrency exchange, he didn't know who added him (a lot of people has his contact details though). He said he saw a lot of transactions going on on the group (BTC and Ethereum) with claims of evidence posted for such transactions. As a kind of person who loves to make use of opportunities, he decided to transact with a member of the group; my friend needed Ethereum coins. He and the seller decided they needed a middleman and the seller suggested he (the seller) would contact the Admin. of the group. He contacted the so called Admin. of the group and the person sent his account details. My friend was asked to send his wallet link which he did. He transferred the amount for the transaction; more than #70 000 to the so called Admin. who confirmed to have received it on the group. Immediately he received it, my friend was removed from the Telegram group and the seller has blocked him. Not a single coin was sent to my friend's wallet.

My friend has reported to the bank, but the bank asked him to report to EFCC about the fraudulent practice; they said EFCC will give both party's banks the directives.

He doesn't want to report to the Nigerian Police Force because they might just ask for money without providing any substantial solution - he has lost enough money as it is.

PROBLEMS
Because he was added to the group and not a direct link, he doesn't have the number of the seller or the Admin. but he can get one of those numbers from the bank through his transaction.

He also ignorantly deleted he conversations by reporting it them as spam to Telegram hoping they could do something about. He said he can't find the messages and didn't screenshot them.

I know the deal was all kinds of shady when he narrated his ordeal, and I've cautioned him about transacting on the net. No amount of abuse meted on him can recover his funds, only ways to go about it can. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO HELP HIM OUT. Thank you

The only option available to him is - :

- Looking through his contact list
- If he knows an Oga at the top, at the scammers bank
- Speak to the person
- His account would be blocked (to start with)
- His account manager would call him, and demands he pays the 70K+ back
- Within 10 hours, you would see magic........
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by moscow406(m): 2:19am On Sep 11, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The only option available to him is - :

- Looking through his contact list
- If he knows an Oga at the top, at the scammers bank
- Speak to the person
- His account would be blocked (to start with)
- His account manager would call him, and demands he pays the 70K+ back
- Within 10 hours, you would see magic........
Thanks, I'll ask if he has such connection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Lavoca: 2:49am On Sep 11, 2020
moscow406:

Thanks, I'll ask if he has such connection.
Since he did the transaction with his bank, let him report the beneficiary account.
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by WalkerMichael(m): 5:45am On Sep 11, 2020
98% of crypto groups on telegrams are SCAM. that's their usual Modus operandi.

I hope he's able to track down the MF

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Lexusgs430: 7:09am On Sep 11, 2020
WalkerMichael:
98% of crypto groups on telegrams are SCAM. that's their usual Modus operandi.

I hope he's able to track down the MF

Did you say 98%?......

Out of 100% of Telegram crypto groups, 101% of them are SCAMMERS......... grin

10 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by WalkerMichael(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Did you say 98%?......

Out of 100% of Telegram crypto groups, 101% of them are SCAMMERS......... grin

naso boss..
lexus Baba. I hail you bro
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by MJBOLT: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2020
that 70k would have gotten him ETH on luno or binance without problems,una no dey do proper research.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by trekkie: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2020
I just have to talk...they are useless people I swear. You wee find yourself in a group where everyone is testifying but the idiots are one room replying to each other. One key thing to look for is the names of the other group members. You will need names like

Nancy Delaney
Thank God winner
Christlike udoh
Dominion Manny

Or some other twatty sounding names..
Na Dem.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by TurnerG: 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2020
I will advise you to follow Lexus Idea. Telegram Is a home of scammers. Telegram should only be used in down loading music, movies and apps. I use telegram to get paid VPN. And tricks to double hustle. The best place to buy bitcoin is luno and Patricia. For ethreum thrust wallet is the best. Just stay smart and guided.
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Lexusgs430: 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2020
WalkerMichael:

naso boss..
lexus Baba. I hail you bro

My Oga, I dey hail o..... wink
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
Bank is the place to go and screenshot evidence of chats. I know banks are not fans of cryptocurrency but, it's the money that moved not the coin.
Even if the bank account isn't his but, it has a holder name attached please keep those information
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Brunosamel(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
moscow406:

THE STORY

PROBLEMS

I always tell people anything from telegram group is fraudulent, people should stay away from it...
If you want to buy cryptocurrency, buy it from a reputable company or get in physical contact with the seller...

As for your friend he should report to efcc that's the only way..... Banks are not friendly with cryptocurrency at all, they hate it very much
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by peropoliet(m): 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
Someone once added me to a group on telegram and boom I posted trade and they were just pricing the holy spirit which I have is not for joking and speaking in tongues alone don't trust all those telegram group
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by moscow406(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
Brunosamel:
I always tell people anything from telegram group is fraudulent, people should stay away from it...
If you want to buy cryptocurrency, buy it from a reputable company or get in physical contact with the seller...

As for your friend he should report to efcc that's the only way..... Banks are not friendly with cryptocurrency at all, they hate it very much
I know right. Will a mail to EFCC suffice or reaching out to them on social media will be better
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by chorlay: 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2020
Someone I know got scammed the same way, he called his bank, they said they can only freeze the scarmer's account by sending mail to them.that he will need court order to make the scarmer's bank take further action in returning the money. When he thought about the money Police, court, call cards, transport fee will gulp, the guy just forgo the #11k
Lesson learned
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Lexusgs430: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2020
chorlay:
Someone I know got scammed the same way, he called his bank, they said they can only freeze the scarmer's account by sending mail to them.that he will need court order to make the scarmer's bank take further action in returning the money. When he thought about the money Police, court, call cards, transport fee will gulp, the guy just forgo the #11k
Lesson learned

Hin leg no long reach.........

Same scenario happened to me, within 24 hours the scammer added me back to the telegram group, phoned me, was apologising profusely, asked for my bank details and fully refunded me.........

Once I received my Alat, I comot myself from the group.......
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by KrazyDave16(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2020
You should've known it was obviously a scam group... I mean what group is the middleman always online and note that said 'middleman' always replies quickly, same way a bot does. Even a keyboard warrior can't reply that fast.

Note that your colleague wasn't necessarily added to the group by folks in his contact list. I have friends who don't know telegram exists but whenever I say 'hi' in any group related to investment (cash or crypto), some mofo will add me to at least 10 groups or over 30 groups if I'm being chatty.
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Brunosamel(m): 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2020
moscow406:

I know right. Will a mail to EFCC suffice or reaching out to them on social media will be better
reach out to them via email and social media, if you are in Abuja go to there head office they will help you recover your money
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by Lexusgs430: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2020
zamth3ripp3r:

Don't mind him, I started trading with luno, I don't even care if their fee is high as far I know my crypto is secured I can close my eyes without any worries, I was added to a telegram group, immediately they added me some lady messaged me about making millions from eth...... Instantly I removed myself from the group!!!!!

How are you REALLY sure, he/she was a lady...... grin
Re: Crypto Currency Transaction Rip Off by moscow406(m): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2020
Brunosamel:
reach out to them via email and social media, if you are in Abuja go to there head office they will help you recover your money
Thanks, I'll tell him to do that

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Select Infinix Note 8i Or Samsung Galaxy S8 Or Iphone 6 / What's The Best Phone With Very Good Camera For 200k Budget / Redmi Note 10 Pro For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.