Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,132 members, 7,880,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:48 PM

Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass (43523 Views)

United States Investors Coming To Lekki Free Trade Zone: US Consul General / Before BVAS, Some People Write Election Results - Governor Inuwa Yahaya / Lagos Free Zone: US Mission In Nigeria To Facilitate Increased Investment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by tamdun: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2020
DonroxyII:
What is Northerner ... Does being a Northerner means you are Hausa or Fulani ...

I'm Yoruba from Kwara (North Central) and I don't feel North Central has taken my Yorubaness away from me .... I still chop Amala and Ewedu not Masa grin
Tell them bro

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by vioment: 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
No need to approve this.

Any tribe they choose is fine but the point is to make tribal advantage lower vs national advantage.

First of all, there should make it sueable to even ask about tribe in a job or anything. Unleash the lawyers there, respect for all regardless of status or tribe, it also goes both ways. If you threaten somebody tribally, you should be charged and 10 to 50% of current belongings given to that person or persons, then if harm occurred 100% and long jail term. Your cows, house, everything that can be reached. If somebody gave you assistance, they can be part of the punishment. Time no dey.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by akigbemaru: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2020
satp:
The truth of the matter is, the Okun people of Kogi belong to Yoruba and there is no point to argue that. The current predicament of Okun people started when the King in Kabba did not allow Awolowo to land in his territory to campaign, rather he opted to follow Sardauna. Till today, there is no much development in that Okun land. The only two things that breathe there are Federal College of Agric and NYSC orientation camp. There no way the north will remember them, because the resources would have been shared from the top and finished before getting to Okun. Another major problem the north abandon them is, majority of Okun are Christians. And this has been a serious setback for them. Hope we still remember James Faleke's case that was expected to continue the guber poll when his Prince Audi died ( that is a case for another day)
Thank God for the missionaries that set up Titcombe hospital in Egbe, which has really served a lot in that area. Apart from these aforementioned, nothing exists in that Okun land.
Suppose they allowed Awolowo, he would have brought development that we are seeing in majority of south western States. Kabba has been a province for decades, and look at where it is today, other areas that were also provinces have gone far.
The solution for Okun people now is, if they are fortunate to get a state, Parts of Kwara, Ekiti and very few Ondo can come together and form Okun state, which will layer clinch with South west. Bit if that does not work, Ekiti state is the best option to go.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by tamdun: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lovelyn451:
they no born any Yoruba person well to come greet my kwara neigbour ekaro, he'll ignore you but greet inakwana, he'll ask after all your family members. For kwarans religion comes first b4 tribe
Where is d location of this ur neighbour pls

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jimmy17(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
I tire for Igbo people on Nairaland o. Leave people and let them treat their issues the way they want and face your own problems(you've got lots of them), I rĂ³ o, they must put nose in other people's business. Oju lasan ko grin
Isanlu mokutu, yagba east...are they okun also?
@Romanoff
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Mraphel: 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

No
But has an Oba

Is lokoja igala or Ebira pardon for asking

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by abu12: 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

No
no, some part of lokoja are okun.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by motherlode: 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

Okunland borders Kwara, Ekiti and Ondo.

Well said, my post was made based on the map posted by the OP in relation to the initial post.

@YoungBlackRico, you need to take sneak peak at this.

See picture below...

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2020
With the way things are in Nigeria, sometimes I ask my "between Igbo and Yoruba who lost the Civil War?". Atleast Ndigbo managed to retain 70 percent of their territory and 25 percent govern where they found themselves, eg Delta and Rivers. With western Igbos still pushing for Anioma state.
Imagine, you didn't participate in the Civil War and your ethnicity was torn into pieces with state creation when you are supposed to be at the helm of the affairs of the nation with the supposed Victors.
For those thinking that yoruba people in Ilorin will ever be part of yoruba nation again, just leave your house, travel to kwara state and see for yourself.
The okun people of kogi have a bigger chance of making it to the yoruba nation than kwara yorubas

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2020
motherlode:

Well said, my post was made based on the map posted by the OP in relation to the initial post.

@YoungBlackRico, you need to take sneak peak at this.
All right.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lovelyn451:
kwarans will tell you they're north central with their own mouth, they associates more with Hausa's than Yoruba's

Igbos and lie.. Never seen any kwaran in my life associate with Hausa than yorubas..

Even in my school in the north, they are under Yoruba student group.

Stop lying aunty ipob

9 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by ModestGal(f): 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
DMerciful:
You have gone back to your default mode of being against Biafra. Same way you feel indigenous Yorubas outside SW should be incorporated into SW but feel indigenous Igbos outside SE shouldn't be incorporated. You will start throwing up double standards how yours is different. It is this equity and justice that Nigeria lacks as a whole that has been the bane of her existence
Who is against Biafra, I have never been against Biafra, but one of you mentioned that the way some people felt bla bla, difference is that those people you want to in cooperate into your country hates you. I have a friend in NYSC, the boy hates Igbo like mad, and I would be calling him Igbo because you guys look alike. Everywhere Yoruba people are, they have never denounced being a Yoruba.

I'm dont think those people are truly Igbos, because if they are, they would want to associate themselves with their roots naturally. Or is it that Igbos are very wicked ? I'm still trying to understand

10 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

You don't get it. Imagine a Yoruba speaking person being called a northerner when you don't even share similar cultures or values.

I personally hate it.
I've bookmarked this your comment for future reference.
Very soon, the same yorubas in this forum will attack some Igbo speaking folks in Rivers, Delta and Akwaibom states for wanting to be regarded as Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Jimmy17(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

No
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Igbos and lie.. Never seen any kwaran in my life associate with Hausa than yorubas..

Even in my school in the north, they are under Yoruba student group.

Stop lying aunty ipob
He is not lying, I've witnessed it first hand between a Yoruba from Kwara and another yoruba from South West, although the western yoruba guy baptised him that day. Guy you really need to travel to that Kwara and see things for yourself before assuming. Kwara is ruled by fulani using Nupe as their side kick

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by akigbemaru: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
tamdun:
A nation is, a group of people with the same language, culture and in same geographical locations.okun people don taya
Okun people really messed up, when they were in kwara, they dominated almost all the ministry, suddenly the likes of smart adeyemi started fighting for separation and their wish was granted, now they want to come back when gara people don show them shege
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Vanzcharles(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

Why should Yoruba people with close proximity with two south west states be affiliated with Northern Nigeria?

Nigeria is divided into two:
Northern Nigeria
Southern Nigeria
If you are yoruba, you are Southerner.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2020
J111333:
I've bookmarked this your comment for future reference.
Very soon, the same yorubas in this forum will attack some Igbo speaking folks in Rivers, Delta and Akwaibom states for wanting to be regarded as Igbos.
This thread is exposing the true colour of the chameleons

6 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Mraphel: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lovelyn451:
they no born any Yoruba person well to come greet my kwara neigbour ekaro, he'll ignore you but greet inakwana, he'll ask after all your family members. For kwarans religion comes first b4 tribe
You're wrong.
Ilorin Yoruba is more Yoruba compared to the Southwest counterpart.
Go to Ilorin, the official language is Yoruba, if you cannot speak it you will be lost.
E karo is in Ilorin. Have once lived there

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Haywhysat: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
Cloud007:
brother... hausa is never spoken in Kwara. Get your fact right. Even the core ilorin people that lost the throne to Fulani speaks yoruba. Have you seen any emir from ilorin that does not have Yoruba name? The Arabic names are only for politics. If push comes to shove...they will screams southwest.

Did I say hausa is spoken in Kwara? I never said that. Probably you can go through the conversation all over. I'm a yoruba man as well.
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by alizma: 8:54pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

These places you named have been known as north for a long time.

They have a common language binding them which is Hausa.
This is what happen when you refuse to travel out of your village yet you want to be called Mr know all. You for just read other peoples' comments and leave quietly.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by aminusodiq(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
Romanoff:

Our pounded yam na die o. Five people to one mortar pounding the fluffiest pounded yam ever known to man.
lol.. Me just dey wonder how dey pound yam convinently.. Dey always do it like dey are making eba grin
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by DMerciful(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
They see how other Nigerians treat Igbos so they do not wanna be treated same way hence their denial. If you watch the elites of these Igbo groups outside SE, they identify as Igbos because Nigeria treats the Elites differently. Havent you seen Amaechi, Okonjo Iweala, Okowa insists on being Igbos?
ModestGal:

Who is against Biafra, I have never been against Biafra, but one of you mentioned that the way some people felt bla bla, difference is that those people you want to in cooperate into your country hates you. I have a friend in NYSC, the boy hates Igbo like mad, and I would be calling him Igbo because you guys look alike. Everywhere Yoruba people are, they have never denounced being a Yoruba.

I'm dont think those people are truly Igbos, because if they are, they would want to associate themselves with their roots naturally. Or is it that Igbos are very wicked ? I'm still trying to understand
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

He is not lying, I've witnessed it first hand between a Yoruba from Kwara and another yoruba from South West, although the western yoruba guy baptised him that day. Guy you really need to travel to that Kwara and see things for yourself before assuming. Kwara is ruled by fulani using Nupe as their side kick

Shut up bro.. U witness it within two guys..

I am telling u dt u schooled in the north where we have associations..
Kwara is under Yoruba... They do every things and they under the umbrella of yorubas..

Do u know how many I have as frnds in my northern school.. Stop spewing nonsense

8 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by DMerciful(m): 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2020
You make it seem like SS is a tribe
computer0810:
we are talking about ppl knowing where dey came from and belong but was wrongly mapped into a north central state demanding exception and u r talking about claiming what is not urs, u r claiming SS when d ppl are rejecting u, is it too much for ur understanding

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2020
Lovelyn451:

Ur imaginary Kwara neighbors abi.. Igbos and lie

In my school in the Core north, kwaran are under Yoruba student union..... So how come ur imaginary neighbor only understand Hausa.

Chai Igbos ehnn... Una lie na boku boku

I get plenty wey be say we always speak in yoruba.. Some don't even understand Hausa.. Sorry did i say some,. Majority don't understand Hausa

But I know u r an ipob... Anytin to make ursef feel aiit, u will do grin

We know Igbos like that gringrin

9 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Sedonxavi: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2020
GarangDeMabior:

These places you named have been known as north for a long time.

They have a common language binding them which is Hausa.
Can u tell us where they speak hausa in these state s

1 Like

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Bkayyy: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Shut up bro.. U witness it within two guys..

I am telling u dt u schooled in the north where we have associations..
Kwara is under Yoruba... They do every things and they under the umbrella of yorubas..

Do u know how many I have as frnds in my northern school.. Stop spewing nonsense
You witnessed ordinary school association and you are throwing insults in what is supposed to be a civilized discussion. Don't carry this your mentality to kwara because you will be shocked. Kwara yorubas respect their islamic religion above anything else and they have undiluted loyalty to their emir who claims allegiance to the caliphate. Kwara is not all about yoruba anyway, they have indigenous Nupe and settled fulani

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Vanzcharles(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2020
Now this thread has said one thing.
You are what you are.

Nigeria is so messed up that we have been affected by political zoning among our ethnic groups.
You can't bear Adeyemi and be a Northerner as an ancestral name likewise:::You are Southerner. You are Yoruba.

You can't bear chibuzor, ngozi, Kelechi and not be regarded as Igbo.

Neither can you bear Okon, Edet and not regarded as Erik/ Ibibio..

Ovaramwen and not be regarded as Binis..
So much more, all has been affected by political zoning.

You speak a language as your ancestral language. You are what you are. A White cannot beget a Black neither a cow beget an owl.

2 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Romanoff(f): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2020
Jimmy17:

Yes they are.

3 Likes

Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Koga51: 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
Just as I mmmmmm ho[e that igbanke returns to delta state someday. They are like ika speaking
Re: Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2020
Bkayyy:

You witnessed ordinary school association and you are throwing insults in what is supposed to be a civilized discussion. Don't carry this your mentality to kwara because you will be shocked. Kwara yorubas respect their islamic religion above anything else and they have undiluted loyalty to their emir who claims allegiance to the caliphate. Kwara is not all about yoruba anyway, they have indigenous Nupe and settled fulani

I know u r an ipob.... I wunt argue with u again..

I av so many Kwara frnds.. So many dt doesn't even understand Hausa... Ur frnd said her neighbor, a Kwaran doesn't understand good morning which is ekaro in yoruba... Imagine

I know u r an Igbo ipob guy, anytin to lie and make ursef feel aiit, u will do..

I. Wunt reply u again... Igbo guy arguing with me abt Kwara and yorubas... Shioorrrr

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Lands In Nigeria From Vacation Abroad (Photos) / Governor Obiano Storms Head Bridge Onitsha (Pictures) / Photos: Soldiers Sighted In Different Parts Of Lagos This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.