Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:53 PM

Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? (41874 Views)

Please Doctors In The House What Is allergy And How Do I Get Ride Of It? / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / How To Deal Wth Motion (car) Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Ramos16(m): 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's actually worse when i don't eat. It's still manageable when i eat something before boarding.

You are right, not eating makes it worse, I have the same thing, but it is seasonal, sometimes I am fine, other times I feel real bad. Let me know if you get a permanent solution
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by wittyz20(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Most likely in a crowded bus or car without A/C
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Ramos16(m): 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
Moneyboyz:
You are not alone, you will notice this doesn't happen when you enter public transport or motorcycle.

It mostly happens when I enter cars with windows winned up and AC running, to add salt to injury, a car with fragrance and AC running.
If you ever wanna enter cars, make sure you sit beside windows with the windows open for fresh air.

Oh wow, you are actually right, I have never felt that way in public vehicles, interesting
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by abelin78(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
Op said most cars. Air freshener is most car may trigger this. Ensure you chew something when you feel this.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by dingbang(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
I dont know if my wife uyaiincomparabl has motion sickness because I want to buy car for her on our day of engagement
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Lehospita: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2020
It's not something to worry about. I use to feel that way long ago. I was surprised to experience same about four days back.
My advice for u is to try and control the air flow around the space by lowering the windows...so relax it's not something serious.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by AmbFitsaint(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2020
You need scopolamine

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Mathantics: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I don't know if i'm the only one who has this.

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

Has anybody experienced this?

It happens to my sister too
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by leisuretym: 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

But i always feel sick whenever i get into most cars. I always feel like throwing up and it has been a problem i've had right from childhood. I don't know what exactly causes it but it makes it difficult for me to travel by car because i get sick throughout the journey.

we are in the same boat, it even get worst whenever I board one of those vehicles with poor Air conditions system, but I always feel better if I wind down and sit near the window .

if I must roll up the glass, the A/C must be working well or else I will prefer to wind down.

I don't joke with fresh air
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
kalvoken:
Always take a gallon filled with petroleum along with you, sip whenever you feel like throwing up.

Sip or smell? cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Favemmzar200(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Yes i experience this usually in the afternoon
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by isarumah(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]In most case, emissions from the car one boarded and from other vehicle, especially, trucks using diesel is the problem. One's reaction to to inhaling these burnt and unburnt fuel is the sickness. Try using AC throughout your trip. Feed us back the outcome.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by jaxxy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

I only feel this way if I’m reading a book (not a Fone) in the car while in motion. Ive felt that way since I was a kid while being driven to primary skol bt cudnt go through my notes on my way there.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Ishilove: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
It used to happen to me when I was a lot younger but I seem to have outgrown it. My head would hurt so badly and I would be nauseous. Nowadays it only happens when I'm stuck in traffic.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by prettyvirgin(f): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Always move with a cucumber. Eat half before the car take off. Keep biting it anytime you feel throwing up. You will be glad you do
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by ciro11(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
kalvoken:
Always take a gallon filled with petroleum along with you, sip whenever you feel like throwing up.

I think the smell of fuel worsens the nauseating feeling. At least that's what my sister who throws up 90% of times she travels by car made us understand.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by egopersonified(f): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
My sister used to feel sick from the smell of fuel while in the car.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SirMichael1: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
kalvoken:
Injesting a petroleum product? This is madness.

The smell alone can cause some to throw up.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Karleb(m): 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2020
LoveJesus87:
This is a serious spiritual problem with serious implications. You mean right from small?

Only Jesus can help you out brother. Are you ready to be free from it? Then come to Jesus and you will see for yourself

This my brother here is right.

The devil wants to manipulate you and truncate your destiny.

They know you have a glorious future. The only way to possess your possession is to sow a car to the life of this man of God. (my pm is open).

The reward of this seed is a private jet according to what the spirit is telling men. Ra ba ra ba ra ba.

Seriously, I wonder how you guys do this shiiit and still feel sane.

Edit:. Since it's motion sickness, I guess the jet will still move.

Why don't you sow a private jet and see whether the Lord will not surprise you with a teleportaion portal?

All things are possible, remember! angry

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by shoboy9: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
are u allergic to anything in the car? Is it the closed enviroment? Is it motion? Be more specific and get medical help. I mean a dr.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by stieyven(m): 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2020
TheChameleon:
angry

When last did you pay tithes ?

I banish the spirit of Okada and keke from your life in Jesus name I have prayed.

On a serious note... it's motion sickness.
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SirMichael1: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2020
leisuretym:

we are in the same boat, it even get worst whenever I board one of those vehicles with poor Air conditions system, but I always feel better if I wind down and sit near the window .

if I must roll up the glass, the A/C must be working well or else I will prefer to wind down.

I don't joke with fresh air
Your own is different. Yours is caused by those passengers who think it's cool not to wash themselves for 3 days before boarding a vehicle with their oozing armpits choking the air. Very rampant in lagos.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by amakabel: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bigflamie:
cheesy So Afam4ever still dey Nairaland, our then mod. One of the oldest active nairalanders.

A friend has same issue but I've not experienced it.

I think you need to build yourself against it, fight it bro.

same here
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by kalvoken(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Sip or smell? cheesy

Sip, I have witnessed different cases while journeying. And the women(most victims) never or had a reduced cases.
You can ask any long trip drivers, they know. More about such cases.

There's another case another one that has to do with riding over big water areas(bridge over water). I had a friend who out of fear of onitcha Bridge, never traveled outside beyond onitcha kn land.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SirMichael1: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
Karleb:

This my brother here is right.

The devil wants to manipulate you and truncate your destiny.

They know you have a glorious future. The only way to possess your possession is to sow a car to the life of this man of God. (my pm is open).

The reward of this seed is a private jet according to what the spirit is telling men. Ra ba ra ba ra ba.

Seriously, I wonder how you guys do this shiiit and still feel sane.

Edit:. Since it's motion sickness, I guess the jet will still move.

Why don't you sow a private jet and see whether the Lord will not surprise you with a teleportaion portal?

All things are possible, remember! angry
All these shalaye... ko necesstry jo.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by luglio: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

Pls try chewing Bitter Kola just before and throughout your journey. It works like magic for me. I experience motion sickness only when traveling by sea and in a car meandering through high altitudes (mountainous regions). When I was younger, I experienced it if I ate certain foods while traveling by road.
Also, there are medications for this in the pharmacy. To be taken before starting out.

I strongly recommend bitter kola. Cheap, available, works.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by SirMichael1: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
kalvoken:

Sip, I have witnessed different cases while journeying. And the women(most victims) never or had a reduced cases.
You can ask any long trip drivers, they know. More about such cases.

There's another case another one that has to do with riding over big water areas(bridge over water). I had a friend who out of fear of onitcha Bridge, never traveled outside beyond onitcha kn land.
The one on sea is called sea sickness. The women were likely pregnant.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by mamato(f): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2020
Bitter kola works for me, chew from time to time until you get to your destination.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by Babisha10(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
Same too my own is I will be having one-sided headache and dizziness.....
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by AmuRubber(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
LeslieChow:
Take Avomine drug before entering a vehicle.

Avomine. That's the ultimate solution.
Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by ifecorepublic: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
I have, several times, infact the last time I vomited, i had to use the waterproof meant for the bread I bought to vomit. It's worst when the windows are closed and the AC is on, I feel more comfortable when I sit near to the window and receive natural air. The symptoms are dizziness, short of breath and wanted to throw up.

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? by deltateam: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Afam4eva:

It's called Amaxophobia.

https://www.verywellmind.com/fear-of-being-a-passenger-2671535

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Months After Her Arm Was Amputated, Nigerian Lady Shares Recovery Photo / Coronavirus: 2 Vedic Lifecare Hospital Workers Test Positive In Lagos / Cameroonian Girl Can Finally Smile After Surgeons Removed Huge Tumor On Her Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.