Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? (303 Views)

Mbaka Removed From Adoration Ministry, Replaced, Sent To Monastery (Video) / Why Was 14 Books Removed From The Bible? / Why Were These Sacred Books Removed From The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? by ictplotter(m): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2020
Those books might only have been known to few people, or they might have been left out because their content does not fit well into that of the other books of the Bible or the ancient Roman Empire culture. Some of the apocrypha were divine books of God almighty, and were therefore not included in today bible, but formerly found in the old Roman catholic bible called deuterocanonical books.

The Authorized King James Version of today called these books ‘Apocrypha’ which means the rejected or the hidden knowledge in Greek.

Books of the Apocrypha are:

Esdras
Book of Tobit (the Vulgate, and Luther call it "Tobias"wink
Book of Judith
Book of Wisdom
Ecclesiasticus
Baruch
Susanna
1st & 2nd Maccabee
The book of st. Mary
The book of Enoch etc.

Revelation 22vs19: And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, "bible" God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.

Deut 4vs2: You shall not add to the word "bible" which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.
Re: Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? by ggirl4real: 9:56am On Sep 13, 2020
OK

If it reduces the confusion in the Bible, they should be removed

1 Like

Re: Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
ggirl4real:
OK

If it reduces the confusion in the Bible, they should be removed

Lol,u are very funny
Re: Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? by Image123(m): 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
ictplotter:
Those books might only have been known to few people, or they might have been left out because their content does not fit well into that of the other books of the Bible or the ancient Roman Empire culture. Some of the apocrypha were divine books of God almighty, and were therefore not included in today bible, but formerly found in the old Roman catholic bible called deuterocanonical books.

The Authorized King James Version of today called these books ‘Apocrypha’ which means the rejected or the hidden knowledge in Greek.

Books of the Apocrypha are:

Esdras
Book of Tobit (the Vulgate, and Luther call it "Tobias"wink
Book of Judith
Book of Wisdom
Ecclesiasticus
Baruch
Susanna
1st & 2nd Maccabee
The book of st. Mary
The book of Enoch etc.

Revelation 22vs19: And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of prophecy, "bible" God will take away his share in the tree of life and the holy city, which are described in this book.

Deut 4vs2: You shall not add to the word "bible" which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Any book not found in the Bible is not Bible. Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Forget all passed away books.
Re: Why Was Those Books Removed From The Bible? by davien(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2020
The Roman Emperor at the time had them removed so the message in the Bible would fit his political movement. Their was a council that voted also on what they think should be in the Bible. Some passages in the Bible still reference these omitted books by the way.

All this info isn't new, it's out there if you care to look for it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Love Story Between Eudoxie Yao And Grand P That Shocked The World / "When My Heart Is Overwhelmed: Lead Me To The Rock / Is It Wrong For Clerics To Protest? Why Are Clergy Not On The Street Protesting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.