Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,818 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:26 AM

FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene (57582 Views)

Man Dies After Gulping Full Bottle Of Alcohol In One Shot (Pics/Video) / Lifeless Body Of A Baby In Polythene Bag Found In Umuahia Street (Disturbing Pix / Man Caught With A Woman's Severed Head In A Polythene Bag In Graphic Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by DaInferno(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Optimistdude:
Ban it totally, except for cake bakers
so which one is "totally" again? una no go murder English oneday grin
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by omoharry(f): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is good .This gin in small bottles and sachet are mostly patronized by motors park drivers, thier conductors and Agberos.I see them all the time around various sellers of these drinks .That is what they take first thing in the morning, even before they brush their teeth .
I have seen up to 3 men loose thier lives in that same areas where they buy these drinks .They would just lie down under the tree and never wake up again .
Its really sad .I think these young men drown their sorrow in this alcohol thinking it will relieve them of thier misery. .

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by NaMeAboki: 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
Some mofos will no doubt want to twist it to Islamisation agenda - just watch and see.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Mathantics: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
Chelsea fans will protest this.
You want to ban the rock?
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by daniwise(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2020
FG they use style find person trouble o.I repeat
FG they use style find person trouble o.wetin concern una concern satchet drinks?wetin man dey use hold body in the morning bfr running bottles in the night.I no just understand. I nor understand at all.which kind wahala be dis one again?
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by DaInferno(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
I don't take satchet drinks, but this can hardly be a welcome development; banning it simply means sending more jobless people to the streets. a government that wakes up to look for things to ban should provide 10more alternatives.

that's how they increased cut off marks in university from 40-45 without considering the fact that in most schools, students receive lectures in overcrowded halls, or have to sit on rocks to hear whatever the Lecturers got to say

them say e go better but e bad pass as e be before!
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Jostoman: 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
SmartProf:
Those it will affect are many, it's just that out of shame they wont protest nor write articles condemning it. A lot of them who consume it hold onto it like a prestigious Grammy award..infact they can forget their house keys, phones, and bag of credentials wherever, but they will never forget the sachet of alcohol in their hands.
another unemployment loading
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Steinmann: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
HEIGHT OF STUPIDITY
How can a responsible government ban alcohol in small containers ( consumption) and yet allow alcohol coming in big bottles and drums.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Coronavirus84: 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
vikkimimi:
Aha! Bad news for those boys who take it as breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as snacks....e go red for them to buy bottle with #50
E shock you!!!!!!!!! We go dey drink paraga from iya basira
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by 99thEnemy(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Officialgarri:
You mean those lazy men in Benue can no longer drink Bossman gin
chai.... You ma na benue guy? If not how u take know like this. Omo I been the drink bossman and Bull die when I am damn broke. The do Mc'dowells to stupor when I hang out at night as long as I have someone to bring me home. Nobody told me when I noticed my stagnation and checked my age increasing. grin Bossman no be am oh!.. But benue people can drink Beer and other alchoholic beverages like fish. I don't think any state in Nigeria beats them. It might be hot drinks (eg plateau, Sapele, Delta) But NOT beer. Definetely not in beer.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Goalnaldo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
Why ban them? These are cheap thrills!
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by SocialJustice: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Na this one Nigeria go take finally burst. This people are taking their luck too far.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by 99thEnemy(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
Optimistdude:
Ban it totally, except for cake bakers
Cake bakers don't purchase poorly refined liquor. And they purchase their liquor in standard bottles.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by 99thEnemy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
vikkimimi:
Aha! Bad news for those boys who take it as breakfast, lunch, dinner and even as snacks....e go red for them to buy bottle with #50
bottle is from 100 plus
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by madgoat(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
bolaayenimo:
They ban i better pass my neighbour generator four years ago. It's still available in the market

Liar...it was never banned
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by bptc10: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2020
This will be a very good news
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by JAWBONE(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mrs NAFDAC, Make nothing happen to my Bob G sha, if not.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by don89(m): 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2020
A very good development .
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Tech35: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Professor FE discovered a neodymium powered car that use no fuel nor battery. Click on the link below to see.
https:///pbUsoj-1nf
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Syrusvirus: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
doctor306:

Is beer also in sachets ??
they point at alcohol with high concentration.. beside 5 sachets of gin is equals 1 bottle of beer and they have different alcohol content
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Bsc(m): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
Government do nothing to elevate the sufferings of the people.
The cheap way the poor eases their depression or catch their fun locally they choose to ban, For those who appraise this , Do u think Nigerian government really care about your health?
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by JasperVII(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
No na!
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Komu1048(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2020
Officialgarri:
You mean those lazy men in Benue can no longer drink Bossman gin

Lazy men in Benue? Bro u just quoted a wrong state. I have never seen any lazy benue
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by rlcanon: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kriss216:
Satchet Chelsea dry gin can now rest for Warri people.

MONKEY TRY AND GET BRAIN.WHY WARRI IN THE FIRST PLACE AND IS IT WARRI PEOPLE THAT MAKES YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION TO BECOME ABSOLUTE DRUNKARD,WHICH INCLUDE YOUR EVER JOBLESS FATHER THAT GAVE BIRTH TO IGNORAMOROUS PIG LIKE ?

GO PLAY FOR DIRTY.YOU ARE NEVER BETTER THAT AN AVERAGE DELTAN,NEEDLESS OF MENTIONING WARRI.

OGUN WEY YOUR ANCESTORS DEY SAVE GO KILL YOU BASTARD.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by blackjack21(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2020
I wonder if the MOD that moved this topic to the FP lack simple comprehension or it is just ol incompetence.

FG plans to ban alcoholic drinks contained in small bottle is not the same as" FG has ban alcoholic drinks contained in small bottle".

on the OP; the idea of banning alcohol in smaller bottles for moral reason falls flats against commonsense. at the end of the day, those who are accustomed to buying 20cl bottle would need to buy a higher quantity of alcohol to satiate their craving, further aggravating their drunkery.

NDLA need to hire people with more than two digits IQ to vet their ideas before they air it in public.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by tiredoflife(m): 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2020
Yorubas that drink it in every bus stop like pure water will now rest grin
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Badonasty(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lol...I’ll personally join the protest against this...na wetin we Dey use keep body and soul together be that
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Yujin(m): 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
https://punchng.com/fg-bans-alcohol-in-satchets-polythene/

Lol. Are the consumers complaining of liver problems? Even if they are, is the FG responsible for treating them freely? Millions have protested about terrorist fulani militias yet the government refused to fight them but here where there's no complain they want to create problems. Shame on anyone who supports this.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by xrisdgreat(m): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2020
grin grin grin
Kriss216:
Satchet Chelsea dry gin can now rest for Warri people.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by Omoslim26: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
AceRoyal:
Is that what is needed now?
Is this what is most important?
Government is struggling with stimulating and balancing the economy, yet they want to further close/kill businesses that are generating scarce revenue for the economy.
The only source of joy, enjoyment and happiness to the common, poor masses they want to take it away admist the serious economic and social hardship this country is currently experiencing.

The day revolution will happen in this country, it might be sparked by something so small, something like this that they think has no consequence but greatly affects the common man.

This country right now is without clear cut direction.
May God help us.

P.S- For those of me quoting me and accusing me of been a drunk, you guys should think and try to see beyond your nose.
Do you know how much these companies generate in revenue for the government and people?
Let's not talk based on just sentiments but economic common sense at this time of dwindling foreign reserves and economic ressession.
If I have my way I'll also advocate for the government to legalise/control, cultivate as well as engage in aggressive exportation of Cannabis sativa(weed).
Oil will soon be a thing of the past.
Our government should invest heavily in agriculture and technology if we are to stay afloat economically.

Baba thank You oo
useless govt dt finds pleasure in always chasing clout like cat wey dey purshu rat

Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by bosman50(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
This was one of the many points discussed in a meeting held in 2015, Saudi Arabia, about the Islamization agenda.
A Ghanian, son of diplomat, gave the warning then. Its just a matter of time.
Re: FG Bans Alcohol In Satchets, Polythene by LegitLexLuthor(m): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is unnecessary tbh. They're more pressing matters at hand than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women Go Topless As They Fight On The Streets Of Italy. Photos / Church Burglar Dies In Lagos After Getting Stuck During Operation (Photos) / 13-Year-Old Student Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.