Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,218 members, 7,963,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:26 AM

Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? (1628 Views)

Guys Please Can You Help Me Interprete This Cos I Don't Understand / Stop Having Sex In The Dark - Patience Akpabio Tells Couples / Taiwo And Kehinde Olateju Twins: Albino And Dark Twins (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by Myzubby(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
LORD JESUS YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD I BELIEVE YOU ARE MY LIGHT GET ME OUT OF THIS DARKNESS I NOW BELIEVE IN YOU

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by UDUJ(m): 2:00pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hopefulone:
I'm touched by the gesture of Nairalanders who have reached out to me even though I may not be able to respond to some because I cherish my anonymity for now. Meanwhile, I called one of the numbers on the picture shared by pulsatingpen and I have been referred to a centre where I can meet with a psychologist. I have also been added to a support group pending when I visit the centre later in the week.

I should say that I am overwhelmed by the love and concern. May the gift of men never be far away from us all. I hope to come back here in future and look at how far I have come.

I am happy to read this. That's the spirit.

Feel free to ask questions or seek advice or just to chat. We are a family here (Nairaland) and like all families there are periods of madness like tribal wars, insults etc. It's normal in a forum of over 2 million people and in a country as complicated as ours.

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
Vyzz:

Then there is no reason for u to be afraid na...

You are still quite durable....

Na me sef wey person dream of say En go die suppose the complain sef?

Go tell that person say you no go die.

Your word na your weapon.

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by pulsatingpen: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2020
Hopefulone:
I'm touched by the gesture of Nairalanders who have reached out to me even though I may not be able to respond to some because I cherish my anonymity for now. Meanwhile, I called one of the numbers on the picture shared by pulsatingpen and I have been referred to a centre where I can meet with a psychologist. I have also been added to a support group pending when I visit the centre later in the week.

I should say that I am overwhelmed by the love and concern. May the gift of men never be far away from us all. I hope to come back here in future and look at how far I have come.

Glad to know you reached out. Wishing you sound mind and perfect health❤️

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by Sazzy07(m): 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2020
I would not lie you would be laughed at, stigmatized and even worse negative statements would abound, share the news with your Dad tell him the truth.
Seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
Pray very well, God do heal and may he heal you in Jesus name.
Read the Scriptures.
Find a reason to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by frozen70(f): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2020
Hopefulone:
Hello everyone. I’m sorry this is a bit lengthy. I need urgent help and I hope you read through.

I’m a student in one of the universities in the south-west. Ever since I came back home since the corona virus thing started, I cannot point to one single thing that I have achieved in my life. Late last year, I got to know about my HIV-positive status. I am not a loose person at all, my only mistake was trusting a friend. I won’t lie, the whole thing affected me. When I wasn’t drinking, I was sleeping. It was really hard for me to deal with what everything that was going on. Before I knew it, I would have flashes of mixing bleach or sniper with a drink and killing myself. Whenever I was in a bus going somewhere, I created different scenarios of an accident happening that would lead to my death. I started cutting myself at some point because I could not feel anything. I don’t know how to explain the whole thing in detail. I just generally felt like I was floating through life.

The corona ish has made everything worse. Since March that I have been at home, I have cut off friends and just distanced myself from people. I stay with my dad alone and even though we have a relatively good relationship, I can’t bring myself to share stuff with him. Once, he noticed a cut on my wrist and I explained it away as an accident. I have lost faith in people and my dad is the only reason why I haven’t found the strength to end it all. I feel like I am slowly drifting away. I am unable to sleep at nights, I have issues with recollecting things or events and I have a persistent headache that never goes away. I know there is something wrong with me but I don’t know what it is. I hope that someone can know someone or something that can take me out of this very dark place.

It took a whole lot of strength for me to type this. Please, I beg you in the name of God, go easy on me with the insults. I had to create a new account because of the sensitivity of this post.

The problem your are passing through is as a result of your state of mind on your health status

Pls for the sake of God be happy and make sure you take your drugs

Once you are faithful with your drugs you will leave healthier than a non HIV patient

Move closer to God that's where you will find peace and happiness

1 Like

Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by alphaNomega: 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS NEVER HELPS, I'M SORRY.
It helps as a form of emotional/psychological support. Be nice.

Hopefulone, you have to accept the present situation you're in and keep moving forward. Quickly visit a government health centre close to you. Get registered and take your drugs EVERYDAY. Also keep your clinic appointments. The drugs work when you take them. People with HIV live well into old age these days
Re: Can You Help Me Out Of This Dark Place? Anyone? by superability(m): 12:41am On Sep 20, 2020
I will advice u talk to ur dad...
It will safe u a lot of stress...
Though it will make him feel pains...
But that will set a stage for ur healing

Though its easier said than done... That I know fully well... But as it was said... HIV is not a death sentence... I think I read on this very platform that a man said he got married to an HIV woman and they even have a child... Both the man and the child are still negative...

Killing urself is not the best option... The issue is after death comes judgment... What will be ur defense? You have no right to take ur life... Though I understand your pain... The day my mum killed herself was the day I dislike people who see killing themselves as the best option to escape from pain and shame....

Just like the lady that spoke to u with reference from Matthew... I will beseech you to just lay it all out to God... Remember God still does miracle... Build your capacity my friend... There's still hope even inside the furnace... If u doubt me, ask the three Hebrew boys...

I trust you can be a great help to many in this same situation out there... Thousands will die if you choose to give up my friend, and you will be responsible for that...

Don't allow the devil to win this battle...

Think about it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Ethical To Buy Pants And Or Bra For Your Female Siblings? / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime / Your Ideal Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.