Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,196 members, 7,923,023 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:51 PM

Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi (2197 Views)

Throwback Photo Of John Mikel Obi / BREAKING NEWS Spain Fa Suspend All Domestic Game Including Laliga / John Mikel Obi Better Than Okocha At 19? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by sunny4all(m): 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2007

Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by champredd(m): 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2007
The beginning of new era for eagles, the coach must have requested that he be banned. The FA is known for customarily begging players to play when there are a lot of players praying to be called up. From now on, those who mess around are likely to get fired.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by A40(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2007
grin Very good to hear that boi had it coming its like hes started feeling himself too much, Hes got his head in the clouds hes a very good player but needs to check himself before he wrecks himself
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2007
I don't understand something here, why would he choose not to play for Nigeria, when he is actually okay? This is one thing I find hard to understand and one perspective analysts never approach this issue from.

I think the pressure that the kid has been subjected to is enough to kill him. We are a very ununderstanding people. Sad enough, we only use them and dump them, what a shame!
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by georgies(m): 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2007
It serves him right.
I also dont blame him
the chelsea blood has entered into the young man
he`s now displaying that arrogance.
he`s following mourinho.i pity the guy
national team appreance gives more credence than club
Michael Essien may have come from another planet.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by tosinadeda: 2:42am On Jun 23, 2007
U suspend a player cos he is injured! Thats madness.
He was injured 4 uganda and didnt show up,he wasnt cald 4 niger,na him fault?
Nfa is jst partial.
When martins didnt turn up 4 match and went 2 see his mum instead, notn was done.
Double standard
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by 9ja4eva: 3:21am On Jun 23, 2007
Serves him right.

We dnt need him
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by champredd(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2007
ogbonge:

I think the pressure that the kid has been subjected to is enough to kill him. We are a very ununderstanding people. Sad enough, we only use them and dump them, what a shame!

He's the one who actually drop Nigeria, because he was not well known before the World Youth Championship. It was after the tournament that bigger clubs start to take interest in him. He's just behaving like the way Yakubu used to behave before and Yakubu also became known after playing in the Under-17 eaglets.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by niniman(m): 11:18pm On Jun 23, 2007
it is a necessary step for the nigerian football to move forward (same sanctions should apply to martins and yakubu).only players interested and ready to play for nigeria should be in the national team.nigeria is bigger than any player.if it's eyimba players that are ready to play for nigeria so be it,they would compete well in the nations cup than our foreign legion who are more concerned about gettin back into their club.what most of these players don't realise is that they will need the national team one day like kanu(using it to show his form to potential buyers)

i think nfa too should champion the ratification of caf calender to correlate fifas' calender so all african fa can have less problems with clubs

i wasted 45pounds to watch the most humilating match (nig v ghana in feb) in my life,it wasn't funny at all.our players played as if our national pride is not at stake.ghana fans and players even did their best to rub salt to our injured pride.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by niniman(m): 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2007
it is a necessary step for the nigerian football to move forward (same sanctions should apply to martins and yakubu).only players interested and ready to play for nigeria should be in the national team.nigeria is bigger than any player.if it's eyimba players that are ready to play for nigeria so be it,they would compete well in the nations cup than our foreign legion who are more concerned about gettin back into their club.what most of these players don't realise is that they will need the national team one day like kanu(using it to show his form to potential buyers)

i think nfa too should champion the ratification of caf calender to correlate fifas' calender so all african fa can have less problems with clubs

i wasted 45pounds to watch the most humilating match (nig v ghana in feb) in my life,it wasn't funny at all.our players played as if our national pride is not  at stake.ghana fans and players even did their best to rub salt to our injured pride.

Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 11:49am On Jun 25, 2007
if suspending him will bring nigerian football to its past glories then so be it.
the problem with nigeria is solving problems from the middle.
those who are banning mikel shld check themselves before checking others.
let us hope nigeria will improve now that he has been banned.
at least he is made so let nigeria progress.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by Razorr(f): 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2007
Haa Praise God o. Leave Mikel for Chelsea.

I hope he wouldn't be playing in the Nations Cup. So we would have less worries about our African players. tongue grin grin
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by Fadajasi(m): 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2007
Well am just sorry 4 d guy cos he might lose at both sides,if u dont play up to like 80% rule 4 ur country u cant get a club work permit. I pray 4 d boy.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 25, 2007
let them leave him frozen out, he will soon be back to beg! silly boy!
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by 9ja4eva: 11:23pm On Jun 25, 2007
I hope dey do dt

Fadajasi:

Well am just sorry 4 d guy because he might lose at both sides,if u don't play up to like 80% rule 4 your country u can't get a club work permit. I pray 4 d boy.

Dnt mind him.Yakubu try am e no work.Lets see how far it will take him
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by tunrexdj(m): 7:41am On Jun 27, 2007
N.F.A made my day by suspending that yeye mikel.Seems the guy feels that he is 'superstar' that can treat Nigeria anyhow.i honestly believe mikel should be used as a scape goat to serve as detterent to other over bloated egoistic member of the eagles.ITS IMPERATIVE TO STATE THAT NIGERIA IS GREATER THAN ANY PLAYER.so mikel,get ur bloody a$$ outa eagles n live out the rest of ur playn dayz in ur damn club.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by tosinadeda: 8:32am On Jun 27, 2007
Wel they jst made my day 2day by sayn it was an error,that they didnt suspend him
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by 9ja4eva: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2007
Mikel is not needed in any national team.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 27, 2007
Nigeria still need a midfielder(10) Mikel is still the man needed.
I know some people will doubt me, quote me if am wrong
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by topeorekoy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2007
ON MIKEL'S issue, i support NFA to ban him. he has taken nigeria for granted too much. how many time has mikel failed to tun up for invitation because he wants go get in 1st team place in the chelski line up. we all know that if measures and strict sanctioning isnt put in place, players will start taking nigeria for granted.

NFA may not be the best of football association to sacrifice for but if u want to play in a major competition for your country, u av to shown dedication. mikel aint doing so and if NFA decides to exclude him from nation's cup i support it wholy.

can lampard, terry, essien and all the other chelski players do that to their country and expect to get away with it. NFA have given players too much room to operate anyway, i guess it is the way they have presented the body to the players. a player will tell nigeria that he isnt palying and they'll beg him. can that happen in England, Brazil and the likes?

Remember b4 the U 21 that he played, he didnt play for a club for sometime yet nigeria used him at competition, will Brazil, England, and co use a player that is clubless? NOOOOOOOOOOO. Abt martins, he apologised when he was abt to be sanctioned but i dont think i have heard mikel done that.

Mikel needs to be sanction, punished. remember that he showed that in chelsea but when JOSE benched him for so many games, he behaved.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by jejelolatu(f): 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2007
if i were u i wont be too quick to rejoice over the ban. considering that our FA has never had the guts to follow an issue to a logical conclusion.remembr ayegbenis case then. for all we know this might just be a distraction, our FA dont hv a record of doing things right. they would simply mess things up.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by ozigbo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 27, 2007
niniman, what hour boys did on that day
is what i don't understand Te now.
but one thing they forget, is that it ll
enter the record, i ll never forget that day.
like u say it is de most humilated Nigeria
match, i ve eve w.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by 9ja4eva: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2007
topeorekoy:

ON MIKEL'S issue, i support NFA to ban him. he has taken nigeria for granted too much. how many time has mikel failed to tun up for invitation because he wants go get in 1st team place in the chelski line up. we all know that if measures and strict sanctioning isnt put in place, players will start taking nigeria for granted.

NFA may not be the best of football association to sacrifice for but if u want to play in a major competition for your country, u av to shown dedication. mikel aint doing so and if NFA decides to exclude him from nation's cup i support it wholy.

can lampard, terry, essien and all the other chelski players do that to their country and expect to get away with it. NFA have given players too much room to operate anyway, i guess it is the way they have presented the body to the players. a player will tell nigeria that he isnt palying and they'll beg him. can that happen in England, Brazil and the likes?

Remember before the You 21 that he played, he didnt play for a club for sometime yet nigeria used him at competition, will Brazil, England, and co use a player that is clubless? NOOOOOOOOOOO. Abt martins, he apologised when he was about to be sanctioned but i don't think i have heard mikel done that.

Mikel needs to be sanction, punished. remember that he showed that in chelsea but when JOSE benched him for so many games, he behaved.

We need a strict NFA.Dis one wey we dey do no go pay us.Players shld be disciplined.

I dnt think we need Mikel cos we have talents out there.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by viee(f): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2007
hey 9 ja, did u hear abt Vogts and the Hungarian job?
he has denied sha
i desperately pray d dude takes up the offer if it actually exists
afterall he said that he does not feel comfortable here undecided

but then will they allow him to be care taker coach?
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by 9ja4eva: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2007
I dey fast for dt one oh.I pray God directs him to take the job.

He is nt d man for Nigeria aside d discipline he is bringing to the national side.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by viee(f): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2007
9ja4eva:

I dey fast for dt one oh.I pray God directs him to take the job.
He is nt d man for Nigeria aside d discipline he is bringing to the national side.

lol
abi o!
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by calyx: 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2007
@9ja4eva

You are almost making me think you strongly have something personal against mikel. let us all check ourselves very well before we reel out condemnation to others. In as much as we realize how important it is for the players to hacken to national calls, we should not judge others harshly. All of us(NFA and my friend 9ja4eva inclusive) have had opportunities to make positive impacts on at least one aspect of the country's growth; how did we excuse our inability to do that, and even when we might be of sound mind and body. Am not advocating indiscipline but the good book says"do onto others as you would have them do to you."
We can give that young lad another chance!
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by champredd(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2007
Personally, I don't like the guys who have been running the NFA for some time now, so I don't care about their actions. But, I support their suspension of Mikel because if Nigeria is to develop or achieve greatness at all Nigerian youths must not behave like he and others like him behave, also he's a role model to other youths. The culture of impunity and indiscipline has continued for so long in all aspects of Nigerian life. Now is the time for reform.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by 9ja4eva: 2:28am On Jun 30, 2007
calyx:

@9ja4eva

You are almost making me think you strongly have something personal against mikel. let us all check ourselves very well before we reel out condemnation to others. In as much as we realize how important it is for the players to hacken to national calls, we should not judge others harshly. All of us(NFA and my friend 9ja4eva inclusive) have had opportunities to make positive impacts on at least one aspect of the country's growth; how did we excuse our inability to do that, and even when we might be of sound mind and body. Am not advocating indiscipline but the good book says"do onto others as you would have them do to you."
We can give that young lad another chance!

2 different cases.Mikel is indiscipline dts d truth.

I no get anything against am.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by chidichris(m): 10:58am On Jun 30, 2007
jejelolatu,
if there is anything swet i ve read today, it is ur post on this thread. i wil be so gud if i will know more of u.
the BIG question here is apart from this mikel's issue, what else has nfa done right? what else has nfa reached an impressive conclusion?
i stil want to relate this issue as one of those nigerian standards. why mikel? why must he be the one and the first one? by the way, for how long? and who wil bet his life that it will work?
if we want to tell ourselves the truth, he wil never beg in his life as someone said here. afterall the nigerian players fight to get match allowances so how does that concern the boy in the money club.
who is saying the suspension of mikel will bring back the eagles we know?
lulu was choosen through the wrong way so i do not expect any wonders from him. no wonders people in the nfa are not happy with the ways he carry nfa like his father's company. taking decisions on his own without the consent of the other members.
i trust nigerians, we don't care who he dropped or take for the nation's cup in ghana, all we need is the cup or his head.
so let someone pas the news to him that he can go ahead and drop all the players, but he shld either get the cup or , get fired ofcourse.
Re: Nigeria Fa Suspend John Mikel Obi by topeorekoy(m): 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2007
chidichris:

jejelolatu,
if there is anything swet i ve read today, it is your post on this thread. i wil be so good if i will know more of u.

chidichris , i tot we were in a sport section. JEJELOLALTU someone wants to snatch u from me. no let am do so.

(1) (Reply)

English Premier League LIVE: Manchester United Vs Arsenal 01:30 PM / Nigerian Footballers Banned From Having Sex With Russian Women At 2018 World Cup / 1.30-2.00 Green Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.