Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,480 members, 7,901,344 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:47 AM

Am I Ready To Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Ready To Date? (1607 Views)

When Am I Ready For Marriage? / Am I Ready For Marriage? / Why Do British Girls Love To Date Black Guys... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 25, 2011
The Urge to be with someone special-and to be with someone who thinks you're special-can be incredibly strong, even at a very young age. ''I started to feel the pressure to date at 11''. embarassed
What bout u? Are u ready to date? To answer that, we first need to address a more basic question :

What Is ''Dating''?

Dating is any social activity in which your romantic interest is focused on one particular person and that person's interest is focused on u. Whether on the phone or face-to-face,in the open or in secret, all are dating. Are u ready to go down that road? A consideration of three question will help u find out.

Why Do You Want to Date?

In many cultures dating is regarded as a legitimate way for two people to become better acquainted. But dating should have an honorable purpose-to help a young man and woman determine if they want to get married to eachother.
Clearly, when u date someone, u're affecting that person's feelings. So be sure ur intentions are honorable.
''If u date with no intention of marriage, u're acting like a child who plays with a new toy and then discards it''- El Guapo.

You're How Old ?

At what age do u think its appropriate for a youth to start dating?. . . .
Now ask one or both of ur parents the same question, and fill in their answer. . . .
Chances are, the first number u wrote down is lower than the second. Or maybe not! You might be among the many youths who are wisely putting off dating until they're old enough to know themselves better.
There's another reason why waiting is wise. The Bible uses the phrase ''the bloom of youth'' to describe the period of life when sexual feelings and romantic emotions first become strong. [1 Corinthians 7 :36] To maintain close association with one particular member of the opposite sex while u're still in this phase can fan the flames of desire and lead to wrong conduct.
By waiting until u're past the bloom of youth, you can ''ward off calamity.'' -Ecclesiastes 11:10.

Are You Ready to Get Married?

To help u answer the above question, take a good look at Urself. Consider the following:

Relationships i.e How u treat ur parents n siblings? Do u often lose ur self-control with them, perhaps using sarcastic language to make a point? How u deal with family members indicates how u will treat a mate. cool
Demeanor Are u positive Or pessimistic? undecided
Finances. How well do u handle money? Are u often in debt? Can u hold down a job? If not, why not? undecided
Spirituality. What are ur spiritual attributes? undecided

TIP To prepare for dating and marriage, read 2 Peter 1:5-7 and pick one quality u need to work on. In a month's time, see how much u have learned bout-and improved in-that Quality. wink
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by bobbyray(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2011
IMAO u r not ready wink
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
^ Hmmn, it depends cheesy
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Beync(f): 1:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
good points
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
Tanks. . . Emm. .and i hope u'l follow suit unless u're married wink grin grin
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Beync(f): 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
:d
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Dyt(f): 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hmmm Guarpo
i no understand u o
wats poppin bro?
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by gbanikiti(m): 3:06pm On Feb 25, 2011
My frnd dats courtship. Nt al relatnshps end in marriage. Lastly,datin has notin 2do wit thos grammar,abi u go grammar skuul? U can hv a d8 4a weekend or a day &dats datin. U 2cud dù datin wit a mere frnd. Here na 9ja is either boyfrnd/galfrnd or norrin.
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Atreides(f): 3:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
Very reasonable points.
I feel like i'm not ready to date,and so i don't.
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by r231(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2011
;d :d ;d :d
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ Dyt, hun am chilling ok oo, its been long we wrote eachoda grin
You said u dnt get me again abi. . . Hehe, I've mutated into a Relationship Therapist, u go fear versatile journalist Lol cheesy

@ Gbankiti, Emm. . . Mr would u mind re-reading plz tongue tongue tongue and plz read with understanding [no offience]
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2011

Source? undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2011
You too dey ask question :-(
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 9:17pm On Feb 25, 2011

And am getting no answers! undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hehe kpele oo cheesy

Keep waiting 4 them Inlaw tongue
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by 190: 9:37pm On Feb 25, 2011
El Gualpo wassup!!

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41RFw9aqIxM&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
El Guapo:

Hehe kpele oo cheesy

Keep waiting 4 them Inlaw tongue

Hold up!

U have not payed . Lola's bride money yet! angry
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
^ Lol, man no be me hold oo, una daughter ma Fiancee stil wants the dating train to keep moving, not yet ready for marriage undecided cheesy grin

@ 190, ma Hommie am doing great, just been busy enligtening Cork, Phate, Dsense Etc peepz stepz to take before gerrin married cool
Hope ur end is Great also? wink
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by 190: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hisses grin grin grin

Go enlighten your self first before u enlighten others
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2011
Pragmatist! Ur therapy don fold naa tongue tongue tongue

Am doing fine wiv these canvass them cheesy
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by 190: 12:23am On Feb 26, 2011
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 26, 2011
:p :p :p
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by 190: 12:26am On Feb 26, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 11:15am On Feb 26, 2011
cool cool cool undecided undecided cool cool
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
Phate If to Say u were a Bird, guess which kind u'ld be?? undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2011

An eagle? undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by 190: 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2011
An ostrich undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2011

^^ Bald Ostrich!! undecided undecided
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2011
Lol @ 190, u go fear tall neck naa cheesy

@ Phate, na who dash u Eagle??

Na confirm Parrot U go be tongue
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2011

No, am an eagle. I soar high! sad cool
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 26, 2011
No na Parrot u bleep talk to much grin
Re: Am I Ready To Date? by Phate07(m): 5:14pm On Feb 26, 2011

Me? Talk too much? undecided shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bros, How Far Thread! Meant For Guys Only / Getting Rid Of A Stalker / Advise From Ladies Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.