Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,459 members, 7,964,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 11:23 PM

Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates (6359 Views)

Fashola Calls For A Change In House Rent Collection System In Nigeria / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 27, 2011
http://www.google.com.ng/cse?cx=partner-pub-6465801557104924%3Abko28ysgdng&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Akpabio&sa=Search&siteurl=www.nairaland.com%2Fnigeria%2Ftopic-602310.192.html

that's what people on the ground, not visiting nigerins have to say about akpabio

only dunce of the highest order would call fashola's initiatives 'for the elite'

are the brt buses for the elite?

are the jobs created by lastma and lagos waste management for the elite

should we expect anymore from card carrying pdp members, the party of failure
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 7:34am On Feb 27, 2011
trueword:

no wonder this country does not move forward when people who think like @beaf are the ones in control.  Some of you who are against presidential debate need to get your head examined. So the other countries in the world that have presidential debates are silly for doing so ehh. 

Presidential debates will separate the contenders from the pretenders. We will see who has really studied the situation of nigeria and has tangible plans for moving the country forward. Fashola or anyone else can call for Nigeria to begin to have Presidential debates. With the amount of corruption in the government there should be debates for local government, governorship and presidential races. 

How can you be comparing the situation of Fashola to Akpabio? Akwa Ibom is an oil producing state so they are automatically on better footing financially. Akwa Ibom should be much more developed than Lagos with its smaller population but why is it not.

You must be very daft. Whoever said I am against a presidential debate? It always wise to read through the thread before airing your smelly arse through your mouth.
It is not Fashola's place to call for a debate, that is for Ribadu to do. Fashola is a mere governor who is getting too big for his boots and talking crap all over the place.

Let him go debate Akpabio who is noted to be Nigeria's best governor by independent foreign watchers and knowledgable Nigerians. Lets see how small he would look at the end of what would be a humbling experience.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 27, 2011
fashola has already debated with his pdp opponents
we are still waitingfr om the coward in aso rock to get from behind his facebook ghost writers
does he dare

we know that his nl handlers will soon start to blather that he is too busy to debae, even though the nation has been running on auto pilot as he has bee junketing everywhere leaving his trail of sorrow tears and blood
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by trueword: 7:59am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

You must be very daft. Whoever said I am against a presidential debate? It always wise to read through the thread before airing your smelly arse through your mouth.
It is not Fashola's place to call for a debate, that is for Ribadu to do. Fashola is a mere governor who is getting too big for his boots and talking crap all over the place.

Let him go debate Akpabio who is noted to be Nigeria's best governor by independent foreign watchers and knowledgable Nigerians. Lets see how small he would look at the end of what would be a humbling experience.

ANYONE can present their opinion on the need for a presidential debate. How hard is that to understand. Did Fashola specifically say "Jonathan should debate Ribadu"? No he didn't. All he said was generally Nigeria should begin to have presidential debate. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? The common man on the street is free to say that, it makes no difference if they are running for presidency or not?

What business does Fashola have debating Akpabio? They are not competing for the same position. Please provide credible links (not wikipedia) to the so called foreign watches that place Akpabio as the best governor. until then, your claim is simply your own opinion.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 8:23am On Feb 27, 2011
trueword:

ANYONE can present their opinion on the need for a presidential debate. How hard is that to understand. Did Fashola specifically say "Jonathan should debate Ribadu"? No he didn't. All he said was generally Nigeria should begin to have presidential debate. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? The common man on the street is free to say that, it makes no difference if they are running for presidency or not? 

What business does Fashola have debating Akpabio? They are not competing for the same position.  Please provide credible links (not wikipedia) to the so called foreign watches that place Akpabio as the best governor. until then, your claim is simply your own opinion.

The bolded is a very funny question, don't you think? Dude, Akpabio is Fashola's mate; GEJ and Ribadu are not. Protocol.
As for the links you asked, I guess you are being funny or cracking a new kind of joke, cos every informed person knows the source of that info. Come on, tell me you're pulling my legs! lol

Why engage in arguments when you arent clued up?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2011
The loud-mouthed Fashola never even got a mention! There is only so far planting pretty flowers can take you, while abandoning poorer areas like Ikorodu and Epe. grin grin grin grin
Let him go debate Akpabio and be disgraced. While he is at it, he should also learn how far from loud-mouted Akpabio is, he isn't calling for debates while planting silly flowers.

[size=14pt]Good WikiLeaks: US govt sets Akpabio as model[/size]
From MURPHY GANAGANA, Abuja
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The United States of America has identified Akwa Ibom as a state to be studied closely, as a way of helping Nigeria rise from its current five per cent growth rate to about 20 per cent per annum in order to meet the vision 2020: 20 target.
In a secret document leaked by a controversial non-profit media site, WikiLeaks, the US singled out Governor Godswill Akpabio for mention as a Nigerian leader that needs to be analysed for impact, owing to what they called his “impressive” performance in the South South state.

WikiLeaks has recently exposed United States secrets on policies, meetings, etc, attracting widespread reactions across the globe.

According to the document displayed on internet (guardian.co.uk), and entitled “US Embassy cables: US monitors China and its expanding role in Africa”, Akpabio was commended for infrastructure revolution and efforts in industrial development. While the opposition elements are busy at home claiming that there was nothing in the state to celebrate, Johnnie Carson, US assistant secretary for African Affairs, at a meeting with members of the international oil community in Lagos on February 7, upheld the opinion that Akpabio was an “impressive governor”.

According to the document, “Governor Godswill Akpabio was singled out as an impressive governor by Mark Ward (the managing director of Mobil Producing Nigeria). Akpabio has built upº infrastructure and industrial development. He is one to watch”,  Ward reportedly said.
Other southern governors that were also highlighted include Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi and Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole.
The report also said the Chevron Managing Director, Andrew Fawthrop, was the one who suggested that United States Agency for International Development (USAID) should do more for the South South states.

Similarly, the US Consul General (CG) in Lagos, Joseph Stafford, III, was said to have added that “it might be possible to team up with security assets of the IOCs (International Oil Companies) to arrange diplomatic trips to the Niger Delta” ostensibly to assess areas of assistance and further involvements.
This, according to the document, was a way of establishing strong presence as Carson reportedly expressed disappointment that the United States was currently experiencing “huge loss” in Nigeria.

Comparing Nigeria of 1969/1971 and now, Carson was quoted by the document as saying, “with the Nigerian population at 50 million, the United States was better and more broadly represented in a Nigeria that produced almost no oil.”
Commenting on the current situation, he said, “with an embassy in Abuja and a consulate in Lagos, the United States has experienced a huge loss in Nigeria today. The United States must get back into Enugu and Port Harcourt. No presence means no access, which leads to no influence. Without influence you have nothing,” the document added.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/15/national-15-12-2010-030.htm
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by trueword: 8:45am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

The bolded is a very funny question, don't you think? Dude, Akpabio is Fashola's mate; GEJ and Ribadu are not. Protocol.
As for the links you asked, I guess you are being funny or cracking a new kind of joke, cos every informed person knows the source of that info. Come on, tell me you're pulling my legs! lol

Why engage in arguments when you arent clued up?

So just because Fashola was not mentioned means he is no good ehh. Fashola has received various awards internationally on leadership and governance. I don't hear about Akpabio receiving awards. Anyways I don't know why you are here trying to argue who is better. If both are doing good, thats all I care about. Each have their own unique challenges to deal with. Lagos has a lot more challenges than Akwa Ibom.

again i ask What meaninful debate would Fashola have against Akpabio if they are not contesting for same office?
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 27, 2011
so according to the pro gej dunces, only goodluck johnathan's erm 'mates' are entitled to call for a presidential debate?

the average citizen is a lowly individual who has no business in making demands

fresh air indeed

disgusting and typical
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 8:58am On Feb 27, 2011
Doctors are on strike in Lagos, so our resident madman is running loose again. No calming tablets. lol
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 27, 2011
trueword:

So just because Fashola was not mentioned means he is no good ehh. Fashola has received various awards internationally on leadership and governance. I don't hear about Akpabio receiving awards. Anyways I don't know why you are here trying to argue who is better. If both are doing good, thats all I care about. Each have their own unique challenges to deal with. Lagos has a lot more challenges than Akwa Ibom.

again i ask What meaninful debate would Fashola have against Akpabio if they are not contesting for same office?

we can see all lagos has done with internally generated revenue - if lagos has akwa iboms resources ehn

anyway, its also good to see those that normally run their mouths about colonial mentality falling all over themselves over a single classified  foreign report
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 27, 2011
oyb:

so according to the pro gej dunces, only goodluck johnathan's erm 'mates' are entitled to call for a presidential debate?

the average citizen is a lowly individual who has no business in making demands

fresh air indeed

disgusting and typical

should we expect any better from professional political prostitutes and agips
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 9:01am On Feb 27, 2011
Our resident madman is counting his fingers and toes, but can't even get to ten!!!!! Hilarious! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 9:05am On Feb 27, 2011
trueword:

The long and short, is that Fashola should keep quiet, he is overhyped and fooling himself only. Unbiased watchers have named the real models as Akpabio, Amaechi and Oshiomole.

If anybody is to keep on heating the air about the presidency in ACN, it should be Ribadu.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by squad1: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2011
Mr beaf, please leave dis tread for reasonable ppl instead of wasting ur time arguing blindly. If u av anything against fashola just open a new thread. Maybe a Fashola Vs Akpabio thread.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2011
What i don't understand from beaf and his team is how is it a bad thing for Fashola to have asked for a debate from all the presidential aspirants, does he have a problem with Fashola or is he just keeping beef with that man?

I can smell and sense jealousy in his writings (with the way he constantly talks about Fashola switching to PDP tales).
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 27, 2011
fstranger3:

Yeah right!

Thanks for letting us know how proud you are of your people and how contemptuous you view others.
Your view still does not change the fact that Akpabio has perfomed better without making noise like the way Fashola is doing
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by beknown(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2011
The Champions For Nigeria Organisation is proposing a Presidential debate already:

http://www.championsfornigeria.org/cfn/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=835:sponsorship-of-the-2011-presidential-debate-by-champions-for-nigeria&catid=14:articles&Itemid=35

Information from the organisers suggest that Nigeria political parties have not responded to their invitation to register their presidential candidate for the debate.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by ekubear1: 10:42am On Feb 27, 2011
@Ozin: What is Akwa Ibom State's annual budget?

Interesting though: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-568817.0.html

Seems that they have a high opinion of him indeed.

I'll have to see with my own eyes one day.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 10:59am On Feb 27, 2011
honeric01:

What i don't understand from beaf and his team is how is it a bad thing for Fashola to have asked for a debate from all the presidential aspirants, does he have a problem with Fashola or is he just keeping beef with that man?

I can smell and sense jealousy in his writings (with the way he constantly talks about Fashola switching to PDP tales).

Nah, the whole thing is just really funny. We keep hearing all sorts of noises from Fashola about the Presidency, whereas he is a mere governor. Why can't he be quiet, as pointed out, he isn't even rated among the best 3 in the country. Acoording to wikileaks, it Akpabio, Amaechi and Oshiomole. Why is he so damn mouthy like he raised Jesus from the dead?
The funniest bit is that Ribadu hasn't even started campaigning, neither has Buhari. The only person campaigning is GEJ, so the others aren't even equipped to challenge him to a debate yet, but Fashola goes yapping like he is ACN's presidential candidate.

And yes, I do say Fashola will end up in PDP, cos thats really his only option if he doesn't want to be suffocated and spat out by Tinubu.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 11:11am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

Nah, the whole thing is just really funny. We keep hearing all sorts of noises from Fashola about the Presidency, whereas he is a mere governor. Why can't he be quiet, as pointed out, he isn't even rated among the best 3 in the country. Acoording to wikileaks, it Akpabio, Amaechi and Oshiomole. Why is he so damn mouthy like he raised Jesus from the dead?
The funniest bit is that Ribadu hasn't even started campaigning, neither has Buhari. The only person campaigning is GEJ, so the others aren't even equipped to challenge him to a debate yet, but Fashola goes yapping like he is ACN's presidential candidate.

And yes, I do say Fashola will end up in PDP, cos thats really his only option if he doesn't want to be suffocated and spat out by Tinubu.
LOL, man i am laughing at you and that your useless wikileaks you keep quoting, so becauswe wikileaks said Akpabio, Amaechi and Oshiomohle were said to be the best perfromers, so its 100% correct? lol, okay lets even look at it this way, what makes Oshiomohle, Amaechi and Akpabio better than Fashola? policy by policy, infrastructure by infrastructure, services by service, can you open a thread to show all these?

If wikileaks come out to say Nigeria is the richest in the world, are you going to accept too just because it's from wikileaks? undecided

There are alot of things you don't need a wikileaks, cnn or bbc telling you, things you see with your eyes can't be told to you by another person.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2011
^
Wikileaks is about US intelligence gathering and like Hilary Clinton said, sadly foreigners know much more about the country than Nigerians do.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 11:25am On Feb 27, 2011
^^^^

On what basis did they do the rating? did they explain that to you? and how can you rate states who have different population ratio, monthly allocation and geographical location? you can't compare Lagos with Akwa Ibom man, you can't, not even Rivers. (at least let them know the various infrastructures and industrial development they claim are in Akwa Ibom. I mean the towns where these things were put and all sort, not some random write up from some people who haven't even been to Nigeria not to talk of knowing where Akwa Ibom is.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Ess: 11:32am On Feb 27, 2011
What humans can do for money = Beaf,
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^

On what basis did they do the rating? did they explain that to you? and how can you rate states who have different population ratio, monthly allocation and geographical location? you can't compare Lagos with Akwa Ibom man, you can't, not even Rivers. (at least let them know the various infrastructures and industrial development they claim are in Akwa Ibom. I mean the towns where these things were put and all sort, not some random write up from some people who haven't even been to Nigeria not to talk of knowing where Akwa Ibom is.

Thats for another set of articles, otherwise this one would get derailed.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by honeric01(m): 11:55am On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

Thats for another set of articles, otherwise this one would get derailed.

Then open a new thread for that, i am waiting.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by rasputinn(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2011
And I call for governorship debate with Fashola
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by marcus1234: 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2011
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by 9ijaMan: 2:31pm On Feb 27, 2011

[size=13pt]Good WikiLeaks: US govt sets Akpabio as model[/size]
From MURPHY GANAGANA, Abuja
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The United States of America has identified Akwa Ibom as a state to be studied closely, as a way of helping Nigeria rise from its current five per cent growth rate to about 20 per cent per annum in order to meet the vision 2020: 20 target.
In a secret document leaked by a controversial non-profit media site, WikiLeaks, the US singled out Governor Godswill Akpabio for mention as a Nigerian leader that needs to be analysed for impact, owing to what they called his “impressive” performance in the South South state.

WikiLeaks has recently exposed United States secrets on policies, meetings, etc, attracting widespread reactions across the globe.

According to the document displayed on internet (guardian.co.uk), and entitled “US Embassy cables: US monitors China and its expanding role in Africa”, Akpabio was commended for infrastructure revolution and efforts in industrial development. While the opposition elements are busy at home claiming that there was nothing in the state to celebrate, Johnnie Carson, US assistant secretary for African Affairs, at a meeting with members of the international oil community in Lagos on February 7, upheld the opinion that Akpabio was an “impressive governor”.

According to the document, “Governor Godswill Akpabio was singled out as an impressive governor by Mark Ward (the managing director of Mobil Producing Nigeria). Akpabio has built upº infrastructure and industrial development. He is one to watch”,  Ward reportedly said.
Other southern governors that were also highlighted include Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi and Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole.
The report also said the Chevron Managing Director, Andrew Fawthrop, was the one who suggested that United States Agency for International Development (USAID) should do more for the South South states.

Similarly, the US Consul General (CG) in Lagos, Joseph Stafford, III, was said to have added that “it might be possible to team up with security assets of the IOCs (International Oil Companies) to arrange diplomatic trips to the Niger Delta” ostensibly to assess areas of assistance and further involvements.
This, according to the document, was a way of establishing strong presence as Carson reportedly expressed disappointment that the United States was currently experiencing “huge loss” in Nigeria.

Comparing Nigeria of 1969/1971 and now, Carson was quoted by the document as saying, “with the Nigerian population at 50 million, the United States was better and more broadly represented in a Nigeria that produced almost no oil.”
Commenting on the current situation, he said, “with an embassy in Abuja and a consulate in Lagos, the United States has experienced a huge loss in Nigeria today. The United States must get back into Enugu and Port Harcourt. No presence means no access, which leads to no influence. Without influence you have nothing,” the document added.

Beaf:

The loud-mouthed Fashola never even got a mention! There is only so far planting pretty flowers can take you, while abandoning poorer areas like Ikorodu and Epe. grin grin grin grin
Let him go debate Akpabio and be disgraced. While he is at it, he should also learn how far from loud-mouted Akpabio is, he isn't calling for debates while planting silly flowers.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/15/national-15-12-2010-030.htm

Beaf this is another ridiculous attempt to peddle falsehood. The so called guy who made the statement, Mark Ward (the managing director of Mobil Producing Nigeria), was probably protecting his company's interest. Anyone familiar with the Nigerian oil industry knows that ExxonMobil's biggest assets in Nigeria are operated from Eket, the Akwa Ibom State Capital. Apart from the few deepwater operations which ExxonMobil own, such as the Erha field, virtually all the oil Mobil is producing in Nigeria comes from the Akwa Ibom end of the country. Ward, with a high degree of certainty, was simply protecting his base. Imagine what would happen if he had said Akpabio was not performing. Besides the statement may have been made in order to court the Governor's support against the numerous litigation cases against the company in Akwa Ibom State.

Beaf, abeg make you research well b4 you start to dey post garbage online. I've often told you that the political section of NL is not meant for kids.  like you.
Mark Ward was only engaging in eye service.
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Beaf: 2:40pm On Feb 27, 2011
^
And after reading through all that, you reached that conclusion as an "eductated" person? shocked
In any event, did you miss out the fact that Ward wasn't the only one to give an assessment? Dude, you're a dunce.

In case you don't know, oil companies own you and not the other way round, cos the id!ots you promote sold you years ago; but I just said you were a dunce, so the explanation will fly right through your empty skull and dissolve in the wind. Olodo!
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by biggtonny: 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2011
fashola should go and sit down. is not as if i hate him, i will definately vote for him here in lagos by the special grace of god. my submission is that debate is not the most important parameter for selecting a good candidate. eg uk just had thier first ever tv debate last year during the last parliamentary election, yet that system has been producing "good" leader for centuries. we dont need debate(rascal, isi ewu, drunk fisherman et al). what we need is performance .
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by Tolayo2002: 3:54pm On Feb 27, 2011
Not sure any of these party have something good to offer. More strength is devoted to empty campain attaching each other with words and making strategies of rigging which will not work. But credible election with nothing to offer means nothing credible. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Calls For Presidential Debates by 9ijaMan: 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2011
Beaf:

^
And after reading through all that, you reached that conclusion as an "eductated" person? shocked
In any event, did you miss out the fact that Ward wasn't the only one to give an assessment? Dude, you're a dunce.

In case you don't know, oil companies own you and not the other way round, cos the id!ots you promote sold you years ago; but I just said you were a dunce, so the explanation will fly right through your empty skull and dissolve in the wind. Olodo!

I know you are slow poke, so I'll help you a bit. Point to everyone here who else specifically commended Akpabio in the post you sent us. Abeg give us a second name in the write up that actually mentioned Akpabio. If you were not so r'etarded, you would understand what I've written. Perhaps I should type in Urhobo language for you to get the picture. Olodo, shio!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fake Voters Cards Flood Edo State / Azazi End Of A Dream : The Real Story Behind His Sack / BIAFRA IS TREASONABLE

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.