Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,031 members, 7,966,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 12:07 AM

Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage (14816 Views)

Fuel Hike: Public Complaints Company Adjusts Work Schedule / Security Agents Evict Diaspora Commission Staff From Office / BREAKING: Labour Plans Nationwide Strike Over Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2020
SmartProf:
If a commission that is set up to receive and redress complaints lodged by aggrieved citizens against administrative injustice is embarking on strike cos their own complaints has not been heard, it means wahala dey. They should proceed to Aso Rock, and let their spokesperson put his mouth in the president's ear and still use a mic to deliver their complain, that's if they need any result.

More like police complaining about insecurities.

1 Like

Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2020
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2020
landforeast:
Is Buhari away of the latest happenings in Nigeria?
he is "away" and not "aware".
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by Ken91(m): 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2020
until war broke out it's then that these politifsian we no that people are dying of hunger and hardships, were are the covi19 stimulus package
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by whyman(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2020
Just privatize Nigeria from FG, States and Local Govt.
It doesn't happen in developed economies.
We only have bad managers as leaders and greedy followers many of whom, if given a little power would be worse than most of the leaders

Remove item 3 and things will be great

Without privatizing public agencies, with good managers like those in 60's and 70's, Nigeria's economy can be turned around for the best

post=93988924:
Again, From all of us @[/b],

[b]How to pay minimum wage comfortably

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce number of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS e.g; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders.
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics.
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT.
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL MOST of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigeria economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

A better Nigeria is all we want.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by bignene(m): 5:16pm On Sep 16, 2020
Office of the accountant general and Ministry of finance should do the needful by paying the public complaints commission her minimum wage. It is an injustice to pay others and not pay some When they go to the Same market. Failure to do The needful, both offices Will surely suffer for 600 years

1 Like

Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by passiveincome01: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
oh
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by bignene(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2020
Federal government Pls pay the public complaints commission her minimum wage immediately. Failure to do so, you will surely suffer for 600 years.

Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by chijudith(f): 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2020
if public complaints commission staff are complaining themselves where will the common man run to. This country is in a state of disarray�������
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by obilokechukwu(m): 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2020
the world is fold up. do not depend on the fedral govt to pay you or to increase your salaries. look for what will pay you not the fedral govt. i am a forex trader. i can increase your minimum wage. look for my signure
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by Hearme(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2020
UDUJ:
It is evil and a criminal act to owe workers 17 months arrears. Some people have no conscience at all. How do these people sleep at night? Damn this country is sick.]

Not only this group, the supposed minimum wage was implemented to universities, polytechnics and Colleges of education in February 2020. However, their arrears with effect from April '18' 2019 till January 2020 have not been paid.

They paid some civil servants December last year but others are still waiting, who knows where the money released is being kept.
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by akdjr(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2020
I still don't know the function of this commission. Cos to me it's just a total waste of public fund. The staffs of this commission that I know are just idle receiving monthly salary from Federal Government. If there is anyone who has ever went to their office to complain he/she should identify and let us know what was the complaint and how it was actually resolved.
Re: Public Complaints Commission Staff Protest, Go On Strike Over Minimum Wage by Firefly2017(f): 2:25pm On Mar 04
It is very sad what they are doing to these people, this commission was solely set up by the constitution to address the issues of the common man who can not afford litigation. And this commission has been working tirelessly to give redress to the ordinary man I remember that year, they came to my aid free of charge, omo for this country I shock o, but I was very happy they helped me get my 1.5m for a job I did for one yeye company like that. Big ups to PCC

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Governors Begin Move To Reconcile Atiku With Wike, Makinde, Others / Israel condemns Nigeria terror, sending Medical aid / Economic Diversification: All State Capitals To Enjoy Railway Services – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.