Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,522 members, 7,901,533 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

Dan Shittu Felt Nervous About Qpr Return! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dan Shittu Felt Nervous About Qpr Return! (534 Views)

See The Man Teslim Balogun Stadium Lagos Was Named After At QPR,UK In 1957(pic) / Q&A With Stephen Keshi, His Views On Alan Pardew, Ameobi, Danny Shittu, Dike / Amusa Shittu Is Dead (Former Nigerian International, aka 'The Bulldozer') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dan Shittu Felt Nervous About Qpr Return! by henry101(m): 2:09am On Feb 26, 2011
Dan Shittu has admitted he felt nervous about making his first appearance since returning to QPR.
The defender was given a starting place for Rangers' home win against Ipswich.
"I knew it was an important game for me, playing at home in front of those fans who have supported me all these years," said Shittu.
"I was a bit nervous before the game because I knew those fans were expecting me to do what I usually do. I didn't want to let them down."
Shittu, 30, made 182 appearances for QPR between 2001 and 2006, establishing himself as a crowd favourite at Loftus Road.

The manager put a lot of trust in me. It was a big game for us and I'm happy I was able to repay him
Dan Shittu
He was sold to Watford for £1.6m and later played for Bolton and Millwall before rejoining the west London club in January on a six-month deal.
After impressing in recent reserve matches, the Nigeria international was drafted in for Tuesday's game along with fellow centre-back Fitz Hall.
It meant Matt Connolly and Kaspars Gorkss missed out, despite the Championship leaders boasting the division's best defensive record.
Rangers had conceded only 20 league goals this season and had kept an unrivalled 18 clean sheets prior to Tuesday's 2-0 victory.
Shittu added: "The manager put a lot of trust in me. It was a big game for us and I'm happy I was able to repay him."
[img][/img]

Source:    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/9405633.stm

Re: Dan Shittu Felt Nervous About Qpr Return! by enomakos(m): 12:52pm On Feb 26, 2011
thank God he has finally play his first game

(1) (Reply)

Village Club President Suspended Over Messi Bid / Results And Highlights Of All Matches / West Brom Struggles To Keep Osaze !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.