Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,969 members, 7,931,367 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 12:21 AM

Nigerian Health Sector Is In Crisis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Health Sector Is In Crisis (1243 Views)

See Photos Of Brave Nigerian Health Volunteers Battling Ebola Virus In Liberia / The Decay In Edo Health Sector, A Case Study Of Central Hospital Benin. / The Lingering Crisis In The Nigerian Health Sector! The Problems And The Solutio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Health Sector Is In Crisis by evilspirit: 12:09pm On Feb 26, 2011
when i see people hating doctors when they demand better welfare i laugh.Nigerians do not know their birth rights.Good quality healthcare is your birth right!!!!!!.this can only be possible with well equipped ,well trained ,well motivated staff.do you know that the life expectancy in nigeria is about 52 while in America its about 87, a difference of 35years!!!!, yet they are employing more from all around the world. you scream and shout that the doctors are unreasonable.
Most hospital are equipped with obsolete equipments.any doctor from nigeria will most likely require an update to get used to their equipments if you travel abroad, for training you need a letter from atiku or IBB to get residency placements in teaching hospitals
doctors suffer in penury.going by the level of poverty and lack of insurance for the whole populace and the fact that medicine need a lot of research mostly in teaching hospitals. it is only reasonable that govt is the highest employer of labor in health sector,or how many people can afford poorly staffed and equipped private hospitals.
our health sector is indeed in crisis.we have less than 50000 doctors when in actual fact we need about 300000 doctors.have you seen in recent time any foreign trained doctor coming back home to practise permanently?whereas in oil sector,banking telecoms etc Nigerians apply from abroad.
Re: Nigerian Health Sector Is In Crisis by falgar: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2011
THE SECTOR IS IN CRISIS COS THEY ENGAGE THEMSELVES MORE IN PROFESSIONAL TUSSLES/POLITICS THAN IN SAVING LIFES OF NIGERIAN CITIZENS.
SOME OF US ARE UP TO DATE ABOUT ALL THAT HAPPENS IN DT SECTOR.THEY SHOULD PUT THERE HOUSE IN ORDER BY UNDERSTANDING THE IMPT OF EACH IN HEALTHCARE DELIVERY BEFORE BLAMING GOVTAND EQUIPMENT, NONSENSE[/color][color=#990000], STOP THE ISSUE OF AM THE HEAD( DOCTOR), ME THE NECK CARRYING IT (NURSE), I THE LEG &WONT DIAGNOSE (LAB SCIENTIST), I AV THE SOLN(PHARMACIST).MAYBE THEY SHOULD ASK PPLE OUT THEY HOW IS BEING DONE WHEN SAVING A LIFE IS PRIOR

(1) (Reply)

Skin Discoloration Or Hyperpigmentation! / Unusual: Boy Dies After Masturbating 42 Times / Share 7 Scary But Normal Things That Happen To Women During SéX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.