Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,702 members, 7,979,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:49 AM

Edo 2020, Why Gov Obaseki Will Carry The Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020, Why Gov Obaseki Will Carry The Day (594 Views)

Ondo 2020: Why PDP Governors Shunned Defection Of Agoola Ajayi / Governor Fintiri: Obaseki Will Emerge APC Candidate / Oshiomhole: Obaseki Will Need Miracle To Win Under A Fragmented APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020, Why Gov Obaseki Will Carry The Day by jadic: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Still on the Edo election as an amateur non-partisan pundit I would like to give my own prediction on the likely outcome of tomorrows contest using the simplest of permutations based on the likely voting patterns in the three senatorial zones that make up the state.
EDO NORTH: The Deputy Governor is from this zone and is a known grass root mobilizer, his presence on the ticket will guarantee maximum votes for the Governor. As for his main challenger it is the Comrade factor and certainly not his running mate that is the main force behind the ticket. The Comrade is a dyed in the wool slugger and his presence in the opposition's corner will surely attract votes to APC.
MY VERDICT: Too close to call, most likely votes will be split down the center.
EDO SOUTH: The Governor and his main challenger are both from this zone. If the Governor was once considered to be a political upstart, today he is the real deal, a dogged fighter who has in recent times mastered the art of political brinkmanship. As for his main challenger, he is highly regarded in this zone having been around since 1999.
MY VERDICT: Too close to call.
EDO CENTRAL: This is the real battleground zone, this zone is a PDP strong hold and has always gone with the former ruling party since 1999 and are most likely to vote that way again. Considering the added incentive to vote PDP again; a sure route to Dennis Osadebey House in 2024. If Ize Iyamu wins it means this zone which is made up of the highly educated Esan people will have to wait for eight years (2028) to take a shot at the top job in Edo State. Since the creation of the state form the old Bendel State in 1991 no Esan man has ruled for a full four year period let alone eight. Prof. Osunbor would have if not that the Appeal Court sitting in Abuja sacked him one year into his ill-fated tenure.
Below are all the civilian chief executives since 1991
Chief John Odigie-Oyegun (Bini) Jan 1992-November 1993 (Edo South)
Chief Lucky Igbenedion (Bini) May 1999-May 2007 (Edo South)
Prof Oserheimen Osunbor (Esan) May 2007-November 2008 (Edo Central)
Comrade Adams Oshiomhole (Afamai) November 2008-November 2016 (Edo North)
Mr Godwin Obaseki (Bini) November 2016-Date (Edo South)
Based on the aforementioned I believe this zone will vote overwhelmingly for the Governor and this will ensure he wins the election.
MY VERDICT: The Governor will sweep this zone and by extension win the election.
Re: Edo 2020, Why Gov Obaseki Will Carry The Day by slivertongue: 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2020
tomorrow will tell. stay safe
Re: Edo 2020, Why Gov Obaseki Will Carry The Day by MrGoood: 9:19am On Sep 19, 2020
Obaseki is completing his 8 years, Apc keep ranting forgetting PDP have underground riggers, Ask yourself, Where is shaibu, By 12 pm we will be hearing rumors with iotas of truths in it, 4+4.

(1) (Reply)

#endsars Protest: This Is Not Clout Chasing, Jimi Agbaje Reacts / Some People Made Billions From #endsars Negotiations -sowore / Insecurity: Buhari Slammed By Northern Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.