Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,056 members, 7,919,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:06 AM

How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo (346 Views)

Prepaid Meter Manufacturing Company Commissioned By VP Shettima In Anambra / Osinbajo: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups / Crowd At Buhari Supporters Rally In Abuja Attended By VP Osibanjo- VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by Shooyie: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has outlined how is trip to the Silicon Valley in the United States has benefitted Nigerian start-ups, some of whom have gotten funds to grow their business.

Osinbajo disclosed this milestone when he spoke on the Fire Side Chat with Nick Clegg, Facebook VP of Policy and Communication, a former Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

He explained that there have been active partnerships between Nigerian start-ups and some US tech firms, assuring Nigerians that more investment is expected to pour in.

“Both tours were extremely successful. At the Silicon Valley, Nigerian start-ups got a chance to pitch their products to tech sector investors, that was very good, in fact before we left Silicon Valley, one of our venture platforms was able to sign a deal of about $10m with the Nigerian US Council, even before we left,” he said.

“Since then we have seen tremendous activities post-trip. We were also at the Facebook campus, which was an absolute delight, we enjoyed being around there, seeing the excitement and a great deal of energy that was encouraging for many start ups seeing at close quarters what a comparable giant was doing, and I think this was very helpful.”

He explained that the entertainment sector has also benefitted from his trip to Hollywood. “Asides from that, we think that the visit helped in showing our seriousness of the tech sector and through the entertainment industry also, we did quite a few meetings also with the entertainment industry.”

“In fact, as of 2018/2019, we had gotten about $377million in investments in the tech sector. This is excellent even though it is still scratching the surface if one considers the size of our economy and the size of the country, but there were very significant gains and I am very happy to have been able to do it.”

Read more : https://www.chronicle.ng/2020/09/how-fg-delegation-to-silicon-valley-benefited-nigerian-startups-by-vp-osinbajo/#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by Accardo419(m): 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2020
Vice president weY sabi the worth of ICT. Silicon Valley sweet even for movie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by balosunky(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2020
oil has been less than 20% of our revenue since march. why not invest in Manufacturing and ICT like other world power rather than focusing more on agriculture which is not even yielding results

1 Like

Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2020
I recall when VP visited silicon valley and Google inturn promise to train 10 milion youths in Nigeria and they have trained 5 million remaining 5million. Then train 10 million in Africa. Nigeria got 10 m while the rest of the countries share 10 million. Sounds good
Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2020
balosunky:
oil has been less than 20% of our revenue since march. why not invest in Manufacturing and ICT like other world power rather than focusing more on agriculture which is not even yielding results
I am just curious if you don't eat how do you Google what raw material would the manufacturing sector use if no investment in agriculture.We would get techy but let us survive first.We can save $10billion eating our food yearly.
Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by okefrancis: 2:33am On Sep 19, 2020
The vice president is always making life better for the populace
Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by qovisj0: 5:01am On Sep 19, 2020
I'm curious to what extend this will get to
Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by Lowkey1: 5:04am On Sep 19, 2020
My Government My People... Osibande kari on
Re: How FG Delegation To Silicon Valley Benefited Nigerian Startups By VP Osinbajo by Mynd44: 6:23am On Sep 19, 2020

(1)

Edo Dumps Oshiomole (EDO) / Nigeria Police Force Appeals To Naira Marley,promises To Reform SARS / #RestructureNigeriaNow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.