Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,983 members, 7,873,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? (986 Views)

Liverpool Daniel Sturridge Suffers Fresh Injury Blow , Out For Another 4weeks / Manchester United Squad Have Let Moyes Down - Rooney / Research: Since The Ban Of Okada In Lagos, Chelsea Have Yet 2 Win A Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by mrinfo(m): 3:14am On Feb 27, 2011
I have always advocated that coaches should give promising youngsters the chance to prove themselves and grow. There is something about playing competitively for the first team that helps a smart young player mature quicker.

The Hernandez example at Manchester United comes to mind. Within the short period he has spent at Old Trafford he is quickly showing all the signs of becoming a deadly goal poacher. And that is made possible because he plays for the first team as often as is possible. He gains valuable experience that he wouldn't otherwise have had if he just played during trainings and reserve matches.

Sturridge is another young player I admire for his unending zeal and hunger to score (which some say has made him selfish during play). He shows that he has the raw talents but has had too little opportunity to show what he has and improve his skills.

Ancelotti from his time in Milan, always in love with the old veteran players had given Sturridge too little time in the first team even when it was clear that the older experienced strikers the club had were in serious loss of form and misfiring.

And so I woke up one day and I heard or rather read that Daniel Sturridge was on loan to Bolton Wanderers. I was unhappy. I feared for him. Wondered what kind of opportunities he would have in Bolton to improve his game and become a better all round striker (especially with his one-legged ability).

Three matches or so later I think I was wrong. Carlo Ancelotti may have been wrong to send him on loan to Bolton but as it is turning out this loan move may well be the turning point he needs in his young career.With three goals already his confidence is gradually rising as shown today against Newcastle.

I do hope he turns out to be a very good striker.

Without doubt one can see that Owen Coyle is quickly falling in love with his new loan striker and may want to bring him permanently to the Reebok stadium.

My advice to Chelsea and Carlito; Don't sell him, bring him back at season end and play him more often. Chelsea may have to start preparing for life after Drogba as his prolonged poor performance may finally be a sign that the big man is finished or about to be.

http://soccerfiesta..com
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by switch47(m): 3:56am On Feb 28, 2011
NO!! Sturridge should let go of chelsea. The team is finished and will soon go down the drain. cheesy cheesy Chelsea is a curse on his career, he should leave the yeye club.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by mrinfo(m): 12:56pm On Feb 28, 2011
Don't think they're finished yet
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
@o.poster,
let sturridge go on loan is a very good thing for his carrier and that of the club.
in ur opinion, who among the chelsea strikers do u expect to be on the bench while sturridge plays?
if you have been following this guy at chelsea, u will know that he has not been getting games and when he gets, he is always under preasure to deliever. hernandez in man u is not even getting games because he has players who are ahead of him in the ranks and believe me, he can continue like that. where is macheda, where is obertin, bebe and other young players in man u.
it is only in arsenal that these kids have their days because the coach and the club are not under any preasure to win trophies.
so arsenal like evra rightly said, is just a raring ground for players who get natured only to be sold.
many will tell u that wenger gives the young talents chance to develop but non of them says what happens after developing. henry developed and left, pires, edu, campell, toure, lauren, adebayor, hled, flamini and a host of other players left when they became matured.
in soccer, for every player that is on the picth, another player is left out for his sake. if u play a young talent an adult talent will be on the bench.
wenger does not like players above 30 according to him but sylvester of man u, campbell of the second missionary journey etc all played for him. players like raul, drogba, maldini, forlan etc are like french wine that gets better with age.
sturridge is expected to come back to chelsea a better player with the playing times he will be getting at bolton.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by chelseabmw(m): 8:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
u've said it all.Nice one
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by switch47(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2011
chelseabmw:

u've said it all.Nice one
No he has not said anything. Chelsea should free the guy so he can make something out of his career chelsea is finished already. Chelsea is a fluke
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by bigfather(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2011
switch47:

No he has not said anything. Chelsea should free the guy so he can make something out of his career chelsea is finished already. Chelsea is a fluke

Then your yeye team should come and learn the art of FLUKENESS from the double champions ! Shameless team wey nor fit win ordinary plastic cup. Nor worry Fab and Van persie go soon leave una waka. Just hope they won't carry that curse along with them to their new club. grin
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2011

@switch47,
since i know u on this forum, u v never said a thing and it came to pass. last season, na so u were making noise all the places until chelsea won double.
if u are a botton fan as u claim, why not go into silent mode like others. fans of big clubs are talking and a relegation battling mumu will be talking too.
sometimes i think what ur parents were doing on the day u were born. celebrating abi? wow. life and its funniness.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Emibroz: 1:56am On Mar 03, 2011
@poster u started well,buh u lost ur medular d0wn d middle when u said sturridge made a wr0ng m0ve to bolt0n. What 0pp0rtunities r u giving him over there, tsew. St0p say trash abeg. / @ 1023 shut up , i w0n't stand here and read ur unthinkable p0sts, i see n0 reas0n u shuld insult switch 4 n0 c0ncrete reas0n, u can even spell tsew, who kn0ws chelsea bk in 2003. And neva u call bolt0n a relegati0n team,c0s they r in the f.a cup quaterfinals,and u guys r l0st atm . I see u r a orphan for insulting ppls parent. Tsew. Get a life.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2011
@poster u started well,buh u lost your medular d0wn d middle when u said sturridge made a wr0ng m0ve to bolt0n. What 0pp0rtunities r u giving him over there, tsew. St0p say trash abeg. / @ 1023 shut up , i w0n't stand here and read your unthinkable p0sts, i see n0 reas0n u shuld insult switch 4 n0 c0ncrete reas0n, u can even spell tsew, who kn0ws chelsea bk in 2003. And neva u call bolt0n a relegati0n team,c0s they r in the f.a cup quaterfinals,and u guys r l0st atm . I see u r a orphan for insulting ppls parent. Tsew. Get a life.

@Emibroz,
hahahahahahahaha. as long as u are a goat seller/dealer, nobody has the right to blame u for behaving like goats. even if u run away from a mental rehablitation home, u can still manage urself. sometimes what they are treating u for may be different from what u are suffering for. pls try local herbs for maleria and maleria parasite. by faith sicknesses are healed. as long as you are going to take the herbs with faith, i assure u that u will be well again and the human being in u will resurface.
take care brother and never loose hope bcs i am sure ur miracle is on the way.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Meldrick(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2011
switch47:

NO!! Sturridge should let go of chelsea. The team is finished and will soon go down the drain. cheesy cheesy Chelsea is a curse on his career, he should leave the yeye club.
you're drunk. Don't let me use you as a scape goat, Adamu. Your trophiless Arsenal that is running into loss should be your worry.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Emibroz: 12:45am On Mar 11, 2011
@1025, u r pathetic to say the least,what d0es a goat seller & dealer has to do with the post, u must be high lyke Aloha !
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2011
@1025, u r pathetic to say the least,what d0es a goat seller & dealer has to do with the post, u must be high lyke Aloha !

@Emibroz,
what am saying is that u are begining to act and behave like goats with your closeness to them.
u always talk out of point and insult ppl because u lack what to discuss.
u went as far as telling me shut bup even when i was not talking to u.
my usual was to say, same to your parents but i will reserve that for them until when next you will insult me.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Emibroz: 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2011
@1025 i tink u r as drab as ur post,i see no reas0n resp0nding,c0s u r immature, what d0es cl0sesness to goat do wit diz t0pic, i'm begining to ponder the kinda peeps u mix with ! U said i was insult'n u,buh can u take a gud look @ ur p0st to switch47,b4 u talk abt insult,u can just c0me out in public to insult s0me1 all bc0s he is supporting a team he likes,must every1 support the so-called big4. Read carefully,understand the posts,think carefully,then reply. Maybe this will help u improve.peace.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2011
@1025 i tink u r as drab as your post,i see no reas0n resp0nding,c0s u r immature, what d0es cl0sesness to goat do wit diz t0pic, i'm begining to ponder the kinda peeps u mix with ! U said i was insult'n u,buh can u take a gud look @ your p0st to switch47,b4 u talk abt insult,u can just c0me out in public to insult s0me1 all bc0s he is supporting a team he likes,must every1 support the so-called big4. Read carefully,understand the posts,think carefully,then reply. Maybe this will help u improve.peace.

@Emibroz,
even in our houses, there is a way you will behave, u will be called a goat or a sheep or a dog epending on what u did. so the goat of a thing is based on what u write. look at all ur posts, u cannot differentiate o from 0.
if you are insulting me bcs i insult wicth47 then u deserve something more than a goat. wtch is not a human being and must be treated as a thing. he is far from normal. have u asked urself, is it only wicth that is not supporting the big 4?

if u are wicth with another id, i am sorry for u bcs u not normal.
finally, if for ur lifestyle, i call u a goat, change and i will call u a human being. u can be against my club but write like a human being. post points here and make sense and u will see how i will stop calling u a goat.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Emibroz: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2011
@1027, i think u r the goat here, going from ur meaning of d word ' Goat ',and as for my o to 0,i d0n't see hw that is affecting u. I used it and i will c0ntinue using it, u can kiss my D, i, c, k 4 all i care. And as 4 me disguising myself as Id switch47,u got that wr0ng,atleast a goat can still differenciate fr0m its owner and that of a stranger,h0pe ur goat sence understands the meaning of my proverb. LOL ! So if u say any1 who supports wigan,westbrom,westham etc are goats, then u must be a BIG FOOL FOR C0MING HERE TO INFRINGE ON PPL'S RIGHT TO CH0OSE, DAMN U BUDDY.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by switch47(m): 9:50am On Mar 17, 2011
Emibroz:

@1027, i think u r the goat here, going from your meaning of d word ' Goat ',and as for my o to 0,i d0n't see hw that is affecting u. I used it and i will c0ntinue using it, u can kiss my D, i, c, k 4 all i care. And as 4 me disguising myself as Id switch47,u got that wr0ng,atleast a goat can still differenciate fr0m its owner and that of a stranger,h0pe your goat sence understands the meaning of my proverb. LOL ! So if u say any1 who supports wigan,westbrom,westham etc are goats, then u must be a BIG FOOL FOR C0MING HERE TO INFRINGE ON PPL'S RIGHT TO CH0OSE, DAMN U BUDDY.
Easy==== take it easy Emibroz cheesy cheesy you take flaming/insults too seriously on Nairaland, Insults is not effective against someone whose identity you dont know, let me put it this way. NO ONE CAN TRUELY INSULT YOU , EXCEPT most other people know your true identity or you have something to prove. personally these guys attempts at insults makes my day because to me it is like comedy and the more they do the more the fun. switch47 is like a movie character. to him its all in the mind. the guy behind it is busy catching his fun, while those who gets worked up are simply wasting their time trying to get at what is non existent. Ironic isnt it. Have fun
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 8:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
Easy==== take it easy Emibroz you take flaming/insults too seriously on Nairaland, Insults is not effective against someone whose identity you dont know, let me put it this way. NO ONE CAN TRUELY INSULT YOU , EXCEPT most other people know your true identity or you have something to prove. personally these guys attempts at insults makes my day because to me it is like comedy and the more they do the more the fun. switch47 is like a movie character. to him its all in the mind. the guy behind it is busy catching his fun, while those who gets worked up are simply wasting their time trying to get at what is non existent. Ironic isnt it. Have fun

@wicth,
all in all, u are better than that goat dealer turned football analyst. emibroz types, acts and reasons like a goat and the most worrying thing here is that he does not even act like an igbo goat rather he acts like a hausa goat.
the goat no even get sense.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by MeGaStReEt: 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
Daniel Sturridge should not be allowed to come back to Chelsea, we dont need him
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 23, 2011
It amazes me how people resrt to name calling over a simple argument.
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by Usmanumaru: 8:06am On Mar 23, 2011
I don't think sturridge should go!
Re: Should Chelsea Have Let Sturridge Go? by 1025: 11:11am On Mar 23, 2011
sturridge knows what he wants and i think he knows what is good for himself and his carrier. every player has personal advisers and agents as well as families. nairalanders are jacks of all trades and masters of non.
many players go on loan both big and small so i don't see anything different in sturridge's case.
players like ibrahimovic is on loan. van dar vart is on loan. robinho went on loan so why not sturridge?
as it is at the moment, sturridge will not be close to the bench bcs it is a critical time with more competition in chelsea. all these arsenal fans coming up with suggestion shld find a way if they can pay his salary and take him so that he will be made their captain since fabregas is leaving.

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona To Make Move For Laporte If Laporta Is Elected / How Do You See Guys That Don't Like Football??? / Gunners News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.