Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,943 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:39 AM

Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) (41504 Views)

Lagos School Building: Before Collapse And After The Collapse (Photos) / Many Pupils Still Trapped In Lagos School Building Collapse (photos, Video) / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by cray91(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
there had been reports and complaints about the building structural integrity Being Compromised already but wasn't taken serious enough as you know our naija way of things

Not until total damage of things we don't tend to it

we lack proper maintenance and preventive measure,
ghettowriter:

You got me there. So, what lead to the collapse of the fine building?

1 Like

Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by LifeOfTrigga(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
Corona no make the owner pay e sacrifice dues chai.

Liife shocked shocked
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by PenSniper: 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
Excel my foot.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Biodun556(m): 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
cheesy
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
This is a good news

Collapsed in the nick of time
Excel college can go fix the fuckkking building

Lagos State Government will demolish the rest and take over the land. That is the state policy on collapse building.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Focusmind: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
I pity the owner. LASG officials and police go use am chop well well
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Chris2863(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
ghettowriter:
I hope no lives was lost?

The comtractors needs to be arrested and questioned
read before commenting, you no go gree
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by luluman: 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
Millimann:
Thank God it did not happen when classes are in session.
ONE BENEFIT OF COVID 19 BE THAT NOW.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by AlwaysMotun: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thank God no one is trapped in it
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
geesilver:
this same school had lots of students.....
may be the life load and dead load exceeded the ultimate designed load or poor workmanship and low quality materials used.
Life load and dead load shouldn't cause the collapse of the building if the building is properly reinforced, Poor workmanship and poor standard of quality material may be a contributing factor but have you consider the load bearing capacity of the soil because looking at the geographic area the soil type may not be suitable for the foundation of such buildings.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by BabyApple(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
Prechgold1180:

Thank God it happened on a Saturday

Bleep Nigeria

Bleep BUhari

Bleep low standard schools

Bleep lord luggard

Bleep oshiomole

Bleep tinubu

Bleep everybody

If you plan to quote me
Bleep you
and your father.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by geesilver(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
onyechez:

Life load and dead load shouldn't cause the collapse of the building if the building is properly reinforced, Poor workmanship and poor standard of quality material may be a contributing factor but have you consider the load bearing capacity of the soil because looking at the geographic area the soil type may not be suitable for the foundation of such buildings.
around that geographical area the type of foundation common is strip. don't think foundation is the problem in as much the collapse is not due to soil settlement or underground movement.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Reference(m): 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Wow...and collapsed in good time...just before schools reopen.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Wtf!! That school was looking perfect two days ago.

U know where it is?
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thank God no be school hours
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

U know where it is?
Yes. Na my side.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Yes. Na my side.
Hope no life was lost..??
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 9:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
kingsolomonjnr01:

Hope no life was lost..??
I don't think so. School never resume.
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by petitejolie(f): 4:03am On Sep 20, 2020
I fear any long building in Nigeria o. That's why me i can not live in a house of more than 1 storey building
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by chadrain(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Wtf!! That school was looking perfect two days ago.

Check your mail
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Sta08: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2020
8y88y8:
Some foolish people will still come and blame Buhari
must u put bihari in this matter �
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by seunmohmoh(f): 10:30am On Sep 20, 2020
chadrain:

Check your mail
Why?
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by chadrain(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
Please do

seunmohmoh:
Why?
Re: Excel College School Building Collapses In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2021
Excel College

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Rent An Apartment With These Rules And Regulations / Is It Possible To Estimate The Cost Of Electrical Wiring Of A Duplex / Catholic Church Collapses In Delta During Mass, 1 Dead, 4 Injured, Many Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.