Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,332 members, 7,884,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics (2487 Views)

There Is No Better Candidate For 2023 Than Tinubu — Kano Group / Fadaka: Currency For Yoruba, Oduduwa Republic To Be Stronger Than Dollars- Group / Northern Nigeria Developing And Growing Stronger Than Ever Before(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by IkwerrePikin: 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
When Tinubu spoke concerning Edo election, people were saying that is the end of Obaseki.

But i told them, you don’t know Wike the real Niger delta man. He does not lose any political battle because he will follow you bomber to bomber!

The moment Gov Obaseki met with Gov. Wike in Port harcourt, i knew that is the end of APC in Edo state.

If you want to win any election democratically, make Gov. Wike your campaign manager and thank me later!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by istina: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
Lalasticlala front page pls

1 Like

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Bukan20: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2020
him be the real abobi

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Ofodirinwa: 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
Tinubu convinced people the corner he backed himself into was a throne. He has lot his 'alliance' with the north, the good will of his people, and the entire ANC structure he built from the ground up.

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by solmus: 4:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
Election tribunal, appeal court and supreme court before useless chestbeating

1 Like

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Easysolution(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
When Tinubu spoke concerning Edo election, people were saying that is the end of Obaseki.

But i told them, you don’t know Wike the real Niger delta man. He does not lose any political battle because he will follow you bomber to bomber!

The moment Gov Obaseki met with Gov. Wike in Port harcourt, i knew that is the end of APC in Edo state.

If you want to win any election democratically, make Gov. Wike your campaign manager and thank me later!
Wike may not be as strong as Tinubu but as a warrior you don't involve yourself in every war

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
Let me point out that Alot of you are giving wike undue credit in this election.

Edos did the work, they were the ones who voted and resisted apc physically and otherwise.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by ODJ124(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Abegi lemme hear

1 Like

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by famouscargo4u: 5:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
That is a fallacy. Even Wike can't arrogate such power to himself. It may interest you to know that the presidency as well as many APC governors supported Obaseki. Did you know why the mega campaign was cancelled? All the governors invited did not turn up. It was a unanimous attempt to spite Oshiomole and Tinubu and consider Obaseki. Yes, people voted for Obaseki but that would not be enough if the Presidency had decided to win the election by hook or crook. We all know what happened in Kano, Osun and Kogi; The government had interest in the elections and it turned out the way it did and you know what? the governors are still there and even won all suits challenging them till it reach the supreme court. I won't be surprised should Obaseki decide to return to APC.

17 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by OfoIgbo: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
Mikecold:
Let me point out that Alot of you are giving wike undue credit in this election.

Edos did the work, they were the ones who voted and resisted apc physically and otherwise.

We don't even know the state of wike if he was freed from the police or was allowed an inch

You can think whatever you want, Obaseki knows those that worked from behind the scenes to make things work out, the way they did

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You can think whatever you want, Obaseki knows those that worked from behind the scenes to make things work out, the way they did
I didn't say wike didn't work, but don't take obaseki credit from him.

The win didn't start today it is a cumulative effort from obaseki and the people checkmating every oshomole move since the last 3years

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by godofuck231: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
Wike! next pdp national chairman
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by OfoIgbo: 5:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Mikecold:
I didn't say wike didn't work, but don't take obaseki credit from him.

The win didn't start today it is a cumulative effort from obaseki and the people checkmating every oshomole move since the last 3years

In the same vein, don't try and take the credit that duly belongs to those that played supporting roles.
Wike's involvement did not start today. His involvement even started way before Obaseki decamped to PDP.
Igbos that happen to be the largest ethnic group in Edo state behind the aborigines, also voted massively for Obaseki

So while Obaseki and Edo state people were the cutting edge of today's victory, honourable mention should also be made, of those that played worthy supporting roles. e.g Wike, Igbos, Okowa, Ekweremadu, Makinde e.t.c.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
OfoIgbo:

In the same vein, don't try and take the credit that duly belongs to those that played supporting roles.
Wike's involvement did not start today. His involvement even started way before Obaseki decamped to PDP.
Igbos that happen to be the largest ethnic group in Edo state behind the aborigines, also voted massively for Obaseki

So while Obaseki and Edo state people were the cutting edge of today's victory, honourable mention should also be made, of those that played worthy supporting roles. e.g Wike, Igbos, Okowa, Ekweremadu, Makinde e.t.c.
lol, i would leave it here, those who know knows

It seems you have convinced your self to masturbate that edos Needed the help of an external entity to carry out the revolution today.

That itself is an insult

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Notatribalist(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Nan Edo people vote,nan wike you dey Honor. Wetin dey worry you?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by WonderManly(m): 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Dikebuka: 6:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo election shows that SE/SS don't like Godfatherism and installations.

Case study:

Rochas and his in-law Uche Nwosu
Serieke Dickson and his stooge Diri Duoye (Lyon's error gave way for court judgement)

Now Edo election.
Oshiomole and Pastor Ize Iyamu.
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Nawa o.

Edo people voted massively for Obaseki.

It had nothing to do with Wike.

This was how you people were fumbling that Saraki had become more powerful than Tinubu. Some people even went as far as saying he was the real Jagaban.

O toge happened, and it was even spearheaded by local politicians like Lai Mohammed, not even the Jagaban.

You all said the same about Dino. Where is Dino today?

Wike too will pass when he leaves state house just as Fayose too has gone into oblivion.

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
Notatribalist:
Nan Edo people vote,nan wike you dey Honor. Wetin dey worry you?

The thing tire me o.

Edo people coordinated themselves.

They knew what they wanted, and made sure their votes counted.

You need to see how seriously the Edoites took this election.

Some people came from far and wide just to cast their votes. I know of a friend who has not been to Edo since 2010 or so when he registered. He has never voted before. He voted yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
The problem with Tinubu is greed and that will be his downfall

When he gave the press conference, I thought he was the president of Nigeria grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by joyandfaith: 4:42am On Sep 21, 2020
solmus:
on what ground. it is more of revolution than election.
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Haryour12(m): 4:43am On Sep 21, 2020
Why are you people like this nau, can't we just thank d people of Edo state for voting against godfatherism. Wike didnt bring anyone from Rivers to vote nau... People of Edo just wanna prove a point and that has been proven already. u necessarily don't have to make stupid people famous

The same wike was there wen Atiku lost to Buhari in 2015, truth's APC is gradually losing values in today's politics, the masses are simply tired of them and this election to me is more like Nigerians making their feelings known about the ongoings in the country majorly caused by the Buhari administration

Pls stop making it look like Wike wrote d results, the people of Edo only choose to show they won't succumb to godfatherism
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Yebosola(m): 5:55am On Sep 21, 2020
famouscargo4u:
That is a fallacy. Even Wike can't arrogate such power to himself. It may interest you to know that the presidency as well as many APC governor supported Obaseki. Did you know why the mega campaign was cancelled? All the governors invited did not turn up. It was a unanimous attempt to spite Oshiomole and Tinubu.

Yes brother 100% confirmento, there is a Yoruba adage "Alo ti lo, abo nbo " some APC goons cut their noses to spite their faces, it will back fire in future, if they expect Obaseki to work for them in future from PDP, it will never happen, wait and see, they will b in severe pain then.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Yebosola(m): 6:00am On Sep 21, 2020
godofuck231:
Wike!
next pdp national chairman

Forget that one, Wike doesn't have the temperament, he has the money to throw around ni, he is not that popular in the whole of PDP, north will always make mice meat of him anytime any day, Tambuwa issue came to mind.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by ruggedtimi(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

only in South south/east

1 Like

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by TheChameleon: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2020
Mikecold:

We don't even know the state of wike if he was freed from the police or was allowed an inch

Lol the kids on this forum are amusing.

Wike did nothing but MAYBE secure ticket for Obaseki.

The Edo people strongly rejected APC. That's the only thing that explains such a wide disparity.

This is exactly the same thing that happened to Saraki in Kwara to the extent that he couldn't dispute the results because he knew he would be thoroughly beaten if 100 elections were conducted. It wasn't Oshiomole/ Buhari / Tinubu then. The FG just ensured security was in place for Kwarans to not be intimidated by Bukola's thugs.

I repeat... the victory isn't just for Obaseki, it was Edo people showing that they were the Godfathers.
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by garfield1: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

The thing tire me o.

Edo people coordinated themselves.

They knew what they wanted, and made sure their votes counted.

You need to see how seriously the Edoites took this election.

Some people came from far and wide just to cast their votes. I know of a friend who has not been to Edo since 2010 or so when he registered. He has never voted before. He voted yesterday.

Are you from edo? I feel pity for oshiomhole
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by Finnese001: 7:57am On Sep 21, 2020
Who is Tinubu

Frog eye drug Baron

Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by orisa37: 8:38am On Sep 21, 2020
WIKE IS A LION IN THE SOUTH OF NIGER AND THE SOUTH OF BENUE POLICAL TERRAINS OF NIGERIA. GOD BLESS WIKE
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by frankyychiji(f): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2020
solmus:
But you never believed you would be the one running to court?

You can run to court to waste money, but even the Sharia CJ is afraid of US sanctions.
Oshopikin should just go back to his ejika ni shop work.
Re: Edo 2023: Gov. Wike Is Stronger Than Tinubu In Today Politics by gangstarmonk(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Very Soon, "New Lagos" will be the slogan when it comes to Lagos Elections.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alaafin Sent One Of His Ancestral Warlord To Dislodge Fulani Invasion / IPOB Fighters Enforce Ban On Open Grazing In Delta, Shoot Cows On Sight / If Prof. Akintoye Is Arrested, I Will Burn Down Nigerian Embassy In UK Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.