Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? (389 Views)

APC Members Hold Walk For Tinubu/Shettima In Adavi L.G.A Kogi State (Pictures) / APC Members Hold Rally For Their Candidates In Benue (Pictures) / APC Members Hold Walk For Tinubu And Other APC Candidates In Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by 9jatriot(m): 4:25pm On Sep 20, 2020
In the eyes of the law, only 7 members of Edo State house of assembly members submitted themselves to be sworn in. Even after then, they were supposed to make themselves available to the speaker to swear them in, but they seem to have had other engagements in Abuja that made them unavailable to represent the people that voted them in, consequently the period within which the law allows them to make themselves available has elapsed and so there is need for the people they represent to have a stake in this new government.

We hereby now call on INEC to release a time table for that election to take place as the previous winners of the election in 2019 have gove AWOL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by IKBARUTEN11(m): 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2020
A
Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by helinues: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
Apart from the election dispute court case, that's another Palava ahead of Obaseki after the declaration from INEC
Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by 9jatriot(m): 4:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
Don't forget that APC still has a case that says they did not even have a candidate for the election. I will advise Obaseki to ensure that case is pursued to its logical conclusion.
helinues:
Apart from the election dispute court case, that's another Palava ahead of Obaseki after the declaration from INEC
Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by helinues: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
9jatriot:
Don't forget that APC still has a case that says they did not even have a candidate for the election. I will advise Obaseki to ensure that case is pursued to its logical conclusion.

On those 2 matters, Obaseki needs real lawyers to defend him cos if not that might distract him from his second tenure
Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by 9jatriot(m): 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
I may not be a lawyer but even I can easily defend Obaseki in whatever case APC throws his way. The only case would have been the certificate saga, but he cleared it up before election, what other case does APC have against him?
helinues:

On those 2 matters, Obaseki needs real lawyers to defend him cos if not that might distract him from his second tenure

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by helinues: 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
9jatriot:
I may not be a lawyer but even I can easily defend Obaseki in whatever case APC throws his way. The only case would have been the certificate saga, but he cleared it up before election, what other case does APC have against him?

The problem with Nigeria politicians are they rely too much on recommendation without making their own research.

Emeka In Imo state shouldn't have lost his rightful election if not for quack lawyers that represented him.

David Lyon in Bayelsa state as well shouldn't have lose the SC case had it been good lawyers represented him.

I am Sha hoping Oshiomole and Apc goons won't use court case to distract Obaseki reelection

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by Pious101: 4:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Am sure osho boys are desperate and scared right now. Some of them must be regretting not supporting Obaseki right now...indeed Edo state no be lagos
Re: Edo Election: When Will Election For The Vacant House Of Assembly Members Hold? by 9jatriot(m): 4:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
I get your point now, I doubt if this situation is the same with the ones you mentioned though.
helinues:

The problem with Nigeria politicians are they rely too much on recommendation without making their own research.

Emeka In Imo state shouldn't have lost his rightful election if not for quack lawyers that represented him.

David Lyon in Bayelsa state as well shouldn't have lose the SC case had it been good laters represented him.

I am Sha hoping Oshiomole and Apc goons won't use court case to distract Obaseki reelection

(1) (Reply)

US Mission Nigeria Congratulates INEC Over Edo / Edo Election Has Re-united S-south More – Obaseki* / I Don't Believe The North Controls Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.