Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,205 members, 7,873,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? (29618 Views)

Obaseki Remain Partyless As Pdp Rejects / 2019: Election Will Be Walkover For PDP In Niger –IBB / "2019 Election Will Be Inconclusive" – Abdulrahman Mohammed, Ex-Spy Chief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by MsAllison(f): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

I no go lie, the thing pain me oo. But I know Supreme Court will remove Ugly and incompetent Obaseki.
grin

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by okuta007: 7:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
BIGGESThead6:

I no go lie, the thing pain me oo. But I know Supreme Court will remove Ugly and incompetent Obaseki.

it's ok to be in grief, just do not remain there until 2024 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Lifestone(m): 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2020
NSK4U:

Bro, you don't need to get irritated over fact. What you should do is try to say no to enslavement by anyone irrespective of his/her affluence. Igbos have always been at loggerhead with the Fulani caliphate whose intention has remained to subdue and continue to dictate for the rest of the country even when their intentions are not in synchrony with others. The Yorubas have always been supportive of one Nigeria which clearly they can't explain what one Nigeria has done for them since amalgamation. However, some few Yoruba Elders have come to realize the true meaning of one Nigeria but are still begging the issue with their clamour for restructuring.

Now, back to what the guy you quoted said, one acclaimed godfather has been holding the sway, personally chosing who to govern Yoruba states just because he governed Lagos State and has been feeding from the states resources since 1999. He believes he is even richer than one of the states and stated it clearly, yet most Yorubas still tie themselves to his aprons string. However, he thought himself an oracle beyond Yoruba region and wanted to prove with the rest of the south but was vehemently resisted and rejected.

Truth remains that the rest of the south apart from the west will do anything to reject being subjugated and controlled by one person against their interest and that's what we call.
Jonathan resisted and the reason he fell apart with Obj, Obaseki against Oshiomhole and many more. Today none claims regional godfather of the rest of the south except in the west where boudillion claims so for the west.
Your write up clearly shows that you have little knowledge of your history as Igbo otherwise you would have easily recall that during the 1st and 2nd Republics it was the Igbos that clinged to the Hausa/Fulani to the benefit of themselves and at the detriment of others.
Yoruba race is independent minded and very smart at knowing what they really want, and we've made clear times and times again that restructuring that grants both political, economical and fiscal autonomy to the federating units is what we want and not the breakup of Nigeria.
You forgot quickly that Akeredolu, the present Governor of Ondo State was not the Candidate of Tinubu in 2016. Akeredolu was elected by the people of Ondo State and if they so wish they will reelect him. Tinubu candidate failed at the primary of APC in 2016.
Its ridiculous that the Igbos represented by people such as you and the OP are trying to coerce others tribes to join their beliefs, but truth is that such approach dont work with the Yorubas.
By the way how many Governors in South West are installed through the influence of Tinubu, probably only one, the Osun State.
Pls go read history

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by ManOfCompetence(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr He will remain in PDP anyday anytime twice on Monday
Obaseki really fvcked oshiopikin up twice on Saturday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Tareq1105: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
frankyychiji:
By 2023, 2/3 states would be PDP. Obaseki is happy where he is.

And how would that put food on your table and pay your bills?

Just wait till PDP crisis will start then disappointment will stir you in the face.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Tareq1105: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lifestone:

Your write up clearly shows that you have little knowledge of your history as Igbo otherwise you would have easily recall that during the 1st and 2nd Republics it was the Igbos that clinged to the Hausa/Fulani to the benefit of themselves and at the detriment of others.
Yoruba race is independent minded and very smart at knowing what they really want, and we've made clear times and times again that restructuring that grants both political, economical and fiscal autonomy to the federating units is what we want and not the breakup of Nigeria.
You forgot quickly that Akeredolu, the present Governor of Ondo State was not the Candidate of Tinubu in 2016. Akeredolu was elected by the people of Ondo State and if they so wish they will reelect him. Tinubu candidate failed at the primary of APC in 2016.
Its ridiculous that the Igbos represented by people such as you and the OP are trying to coerce others tribes to join their beliefs, but truth is that such approach dont work with the Yorubas.
By the way how many Governors in South West are installed through the influence of Tinubu, probably only one, the Osun State.
Pls go read history

My brother ignore them.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Burgerlomo: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:
How Oshiomhole single-handedly gave Edo to PDP is God's plan.

Ondo State is a Yoruba state. It's time they say NO to slavery. If they want Liberation, we're here for them. We can't force liberation on anyone.

PDP is coming stronger for 2023.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

His party APC will not forgive him cool
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Reallv: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
its only state in south south that are politically one sided......if no be PDP.Any other party no good.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Elvictor: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Passionate888:
The Amaechi faction will wrest power from Tinubu, that's when Wike will extend a hand to him

do you think SS will watch SW dethrone us while we haven't reign as president for eight years, you should have understood the gamble by now bro.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Elvictor: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
Passionate888:
The Amaechi faction will wrest power from Tinubu, that's when Wike will extend a hand to him
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by jaunty01(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Guyman02:

Ambode don suffer for una hand, the amount of shame thrown at him on Nairaland can cause him High Blood Pressure cheesy
Lolz
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by frankyychiji(f): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Tareq1105:

And how would that put food on your table and pay your bills?

Just wait till PDP crisis will start then disappointment will stir you in the face.
Edo no be Lagos!
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by 1759ademola(m): 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
martineverest:
he will remain in pdp for next 4 years and decamp after his tenure
Look, OBASEKI has moved from fry pan to fire. He that complain of Godfatherism should go and deal with dynasty. He has Igbinedion dynasty to deal with. He's been used to wrestle power. His problem will begin in the run up to 2024, which will begin by 2022. He will enjoy his tenure for just two years.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by RTSC: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
Yebosola:

Armchair critics, wetin make am shaky? Do u this SW play emotional politics? U are a learner.
If politics is no emotional, why did awolowo use tribal sentiments against zik when it was obvious zik would defeat him in the south west on a level ground?

How can something that affects people and their future not be emotional?

Go to US and UK and tell them politics is not emotional.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Joyfulgal: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
WATCHOVER:
Looking at the way the PDP as a party fought for him.
Especially DELTA STATE PDP, THE IGBINEDION DYNASTY, CHARLES IDAHOSA AND CO.

IT IS CERTAIN OBASEKI WILL REMAIN IN PDP

Even Gov Wike
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by sweetgala(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2020
Kriss216:
How Oshiomhole single-handedly gave Edo to PDP is God's plan.

Ondo State is a Yoruba state. It's time they say NO to slavery. If they want Liberation, we're here for them. We can't force liberation on anyone.

PDP is coming stronger for 2023.

God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

Abeg make the Edo people enjoy their PDP.

Ondo like you said is a SW state and we like disciplined strategic leadership. We'll keep with APC

Thanks for your concern
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by 1759ademola(m): 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
Tareq1105:

My brother ignore them.
Pls ask your lifestone brother, what he did when Okorocha presented Uche Nwosu to Imo state, when Orji Kalu presented TA Orji and TA Orji presented his son as Speaker.
These are things that can only happen in SE. Our politicians here do not even bring their family members to politics limelight because they know how wise we are. Your politicians in SE are slave Masters to the core. If not for Lagos that's adding values to the Igbos, their life for don spoil patapata.
A typical Yoruba guy will NEVER EVER watch the SE become president of Nigeria lailai.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by mdan(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
Uncleodi:

20. And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Adam’s stead.
21. Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22. The new Governor had called upon the people saying, ” he wants your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and I say it shall stand.
23. And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Oshomiole, what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24. “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long.
25.for yes! he has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his reign must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26. And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27. On the fourth year of the month and on the day when a new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had come forth and said “here I am, I will go. And Adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28. Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Oshomiole, who shall we go with?.
29. Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before, how turneth he now leper?.
30. For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the Lord that endureth forever.
31. And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32. that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33. And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Benin to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

Amazing.
I'm in awe

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by ababagaruba: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
JAMO84:
Edo can never be Lagos, a rat can never be lion.

Ondo no be Edo
Edo has set the goal already for ondo and the rest to follow, Edo was able to overcome oshiomole and the rest of them
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by NSK4U(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lifestone:

Pls go read history

Yorubas know what they want yet they fought against confederation in the 60s only to wake up today with the restructuring noise. Now what are the terms of your new restructuring different from the terms of confederation?

First and second republic ('63-66 & '79-83)? how did Igbos glue with the north? Do you even know the history you referring?

Well, ma popcorn, still in the season of Edo no be Lagos, final political burial in '23 for one butterfly feeling himself a bird.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Dminister(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
The election was all about separating the uninformed and the informed.

Those that voted ize iyamu were the uninformed and those that voted Obaseki were the informed. Edo nor be Lagos.

I think the uninformed are more than the informed persons in Lagos. Lol!
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
JAMO84:
PDP that has made SE the poverty capital of the south is the liberation you're talking about?
Even as the poverty capital we are still richer than your region can and will ever be.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by okuta007: 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Racoon:
The APC in Edo state & @ national level is currently enmeshed in multi-prongs crisis that it will take eternity to resolve.Even the primary that produced Ize Iyamu is still being contested in court.

So the worst mistake Godswin Obaseki can do is to defect back to the APC with a popular mandate that providence brought his way last Saturday.He will forever regret it.This is politics anyway where anything can happen.

I sincerely believe Obaseki will return to his private life after his tenure is completed - the man is not a natural politician - He is an investment banker - I see him expanding his business by venturing into new sectors and probably working with Dangote since they are friends - He wont be in politics. He may accept ministerial appointment if the president considers him but I do not see him running from pillar to post running for office

That is the difference between someone who has a business or skill before politics - they easily retire to that business

Being a money market guy, he knows how to turn N2 Million to N10 Million in a year, he will just be fine in the private sector - The only person I know will continue politics is Shaibu - and because this Edo election is off cycle, he may have to run for Senate - challenging the current APC Senator in Edo North - and if he wins, he will have to leave office as deputy Governor one year short to the completion of his tenure in 2024

Shaibu should go to Senate and If I were Shaibu, I will use my office now as deputy governor to focus on my Senatorial district for the 2023 PDP Senatorial ticket - and it should be easy if he starts prep early. IF he doesn't go to Senate in 2023, then by 2024 - He will be without a job after Obaseki is done with his term and I have a feeling PDP will give the gubernatorial ticket to an Esan man in 2023. I WILL NOT ADVISE SHAIBU TO ATTEMPT SUCCEEDING OBASEKI - he should go to Senate first and once an Esan man is done with his 8 years then Shaibu can contest for Governor from Edo North - then he would have built a solid structure there, because Osho defeated him in Edo North last week, with 22,000 more votes so he has work to do if he has a future after being the deputy governor.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Lifestone(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
NSK4U:

Yorubas know what they want yet they fought against confederation in the 60s only to wake up today with the restructuring noise. Now what are the terms of your new restructuring different from the terms of confederation?

First and second republic ('63-66 & '79-83)? how did Igbos glue with the north? Do you even know the history you referring?

Well, ma popcorn, still in the season of Edo no be Lagos, final political burial in '23 for one butterfly feeling himself a bird.
You see why it is almost impossible for the Yoruba nation to work with the Igbos !
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Goke7: 10:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
okuta007:

I sincerely believe Obaseki will return to his private life after his tenure is completed - the man is not a natural politician - He is an investment banker - I see him expanding his business by venturing into new sectors and probably working with Dangote since they are friends - He wont be in politics. He may accept ministerial appointment if the president considers him but I do not see him running from pillar to post running for office

That is the difference between someone who has a business or skill before politics - they easily retire to that business

Being a money market guy, he knows how to turn N2 Million to N10 Million in a year, he will just be fine in the private sector - The only person I know will continue politics is Shaibu - and because this Edo election is off cycle, he may have to run for Senate - challenging the current APC Senator in Edo North - and if he wins, he will have to leave office as deputy Governor one year short to the completion of his tenure in 2024

Shaibu should go to Senate and If I were Shaibu, I will use my office now as deputy governor to focus on my Senatorial district for the 2023 PDP Senatorial ticket - and it should be easy if he starts prep early. IF he doesn't go to Senate in 2023, then by 2024 - He will be without a job after Obaseki is done with his term and I have a feeling PDP will give the gubernatorial ticket to an Esan man in 2023. I WILL NOT ADVISE SHAIBU TO ATTEMPT SUCCEEDING OBASEKI - he should go to Senate first and once an Esan man is done with his 8 years then Shaibu can contest for Governor from Edo North - then he would have built a solid structure there, because Osho defeated him in Edo North last week, with 22,000 more votes so he has work to do if he has a future after being the deputy governor.

this is laughable, you think these politicians are just in office to eat rice. I de laugh o in obj's voice.
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by okuta007: 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2020
Goke7:

this is laughable, you think these politicians are just in office to eat rice. I de laugh o in obj's voice.

You may be right but that is what I will do to build goodwill from the people of Edo Central for future elections, sometimes in politics you have to be patient and wait for your turn, - look at Ize Iyamu for instance, who has ben running from pillar to post since 2007 hoping to become Edo State Governor, because he failed to be strategic he started with PDP to APC, to PDP to APC - he is finished - will any serious party allow Ize Iyamu join them ? They know he is not a stable person

Imagine if Ize Iyamu had stayed back in the PDP and refused to join the APC, as Osho and GGO were having problem- he would have run again and told the Edo people- you see their life, they are now eating each other up in the APC because of money sharing problem meanwhile they said 4 years ago, that I am a thief, who is the thief now? - give me your mandate and let me clean up this mess - tell me he wont win? THAT IS A POWERFUL MESSAGE to get the voters to believe in you grin
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by Yusman316(m): 12:16am On Sep 22, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:

With Edo election Gov. Wike has successfully created for himself a formidable force in Nigerian politics to be reckoned with. Interested parties for 2023 will begin to tilt towards him. For #OndoDecides Wike's presence or involvement will speak volume and rattle the gladiators in that state
It's like some of u have no idea how the northerners have mastered Nigeria's politics. Many said Wike was in charge of PDP before 2019 general elections. But the moment Atiku and his Co northern travelers joined, they took over the party structure. Look at how these northerners just dethroned and humiliated a party chairman. They will always take over anytime they want
Re: Edo Election: Will Obaseki Remain In PDP? by earnit3: 1:06am On Sep 22, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mr Macroni Accuses Dayo Isreal Of Threatening Nigerians Over 2023 Election / PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom / Jonathan Signs 6 Bills Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.